CAN I GET MIKE TO COME TO WALES?

You know, whatever

Moderators: Almighty Benny, Blitzen, Silent-sigfig

Re: CAN I GET MIKE TO COME TO WALES?

Postby The Shadowscythe » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:19 pm

dilanski wrote:
The Shadowscythe wrote:Organisation forum? When you've already posted half the goddamn info up here already? Fuck that noise.

Lampeter to Crewe, 3 hours 22 minutes - I am willing to slap an extra hour onto this for public transport and actually getting the fuck to you (as I doubt brikwhore will want unknown peoples in the house with extremely young kids) and extra time/money/effort to getting to you - I will say an approx date of early/mid 2014 to ensure everything is set in stone (making sure the boss is okay with me doing this, the kids are old enough for me not to place too much load on her, booking holiday and having enough money, making sure neither of us is gonna snuggle the other, where to host the battle, which hotel I will be staying in, ect) and then all we need is for me to pack my Scythian army box (IE - sticking the lid on top and ducktaping it down) and getting the fuck to you.

A few hours spent pissing around with briks, building the battlefield and finding alchomoholic substances - then battle the fuck on like crazy diamonds, both take pics, both post battle reports, maybe time for a second battle (or three) general trolling and other such bollocks?

Sound like a plan to you dude? :studgod:

A damn good one at that. There's only one complication, I don't own the house, and my parents, as cool a guy as my dad is, probably wouldn't be too happy with 'strangers' in the house. However I'm sure we could figure something out, between gaming stores and community centres.

Yeah, I figured as much - as a dad myself I had kinda worked that in above. Last time around with Warhead coming down to me it wasn't so much of an issue, both of the eldest would have been at their grandparents farm and the youngest would have been with her if it wasn't for the premier of the last Harry potter film which I promised her she could go see, which would have mean him, me and a baby in the moses basket for about half a day until we could battle in the local uni (which I had access too back when I was a student).

Although, if you have the ability to transport both your army and whatever scenery you have then local gaming stores (of which I have none) would be a good solution - the only thing with this option is that you would have to build everything yourself before bringing it over, rather than putting together a battlefield between the pair of us.

Not an insurmountable task I admit, just a minor bugbear to be overcome.
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler: show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Re: CAN I GET MIKE TO COME TO WALES?

Postby dilanski » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:39 pm

The Shadowscythe wrote:
dilanski wrote:
The Shadowscythe wrote:Organisation forum? When you've already posted half the goddamn info up here already? Fuck that noise.

Lampeter to Crewe, 3 hours 22 minutes - I am willing to slap an extra hour onto this for public transport and actually getting the fuck to you (as I doubt brikwhore will want unknown peoples in the house with extremely young kids) and extra time/money/effort to getting to you - I will say an approx date of early/mid 2014 to ensure everything is set in stone (making sure the boss is okay with me doing this, the kids are old enough for me not to place too much load on her, booking holiday and having enough money, making sure neither of us is gonna snuggle the other, where to host the battle, which hotel I will be staying in, ect) and then all we need is for me to pack my Scythian army box (IE - sticking the lid on top and ducktaping it down) and getting the fuck to you.

A few hours spent pissing around with briks, building the battlefield and finding alchomoholic substances - then battle the fuck on like crazy diamonds, both take pics, both post battle reports, maybe time for a second battle (or three) general trolling and other such bollocks?

Sound like a plan to you dude? :studgod:

A damn good one at that. There's only one complication, I don't own the house, and my parents, as cool a guy as my dad is, probably wouldn't be too happy with 'strangers' in the house. However I'm sure we could figure something out, between gaming stores and community centres.

Yeah, I figured as much - as a dad myself I had kinda worked that in above. Last time around with Warhead coming down to me it wasn't so much of an issue, both of the eldest would have been at their grandparents farm and the youngest would have been with her if it wasn't for the premier of the last Harry potter film which I promised her she could go see, which would have mean him, me and a baby in the moses basket for about half a day until we could battle in the local uni (which I had access too back when I was a student).

Although, if you have the ability to transport both your army and whatever scenery you have then local gaming stores (of which I have none) would be a good solution - the only thing with this option is that you would have to build everything yourself before bringing it over, rather than putting together a battlefield between the pair of us.

Not an insurmountable task I admit, just a minor bugbear to be overcome.

I know a gaming store In Manchester, which is about 5-10 minutes walk from Piccadilly, I could probably get a table there, however It's a bit further away for you. I doubt I'd get much joy from the local GW hobby store, I could also inquire at my College when I go back, and may get some luck. As for a battlefield, I'd take flat base plates and make some buildings and scenery to go, It wouldn't be pretty, but It'd suffice.
ImageImage
o/
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Subjugated Ireland

Previous

Return to General Discussion