Re: You all suck for not talking about pacific rim enough

Postby Natalya » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:05 pm

:csi:
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.

Postby Insert_blank » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:20 pm

I liked Pacific Rim but it sucked when China got their shit wrecked in like 3 seconds. Crimson Typhoon was the coolest in that whole film.

Also Charlie Day was awesome.
萌えを覚えっていますか?
Douse yourself in water and repent.
Insert_blank
I like how the floor looks covered in blood

Postby tahthing » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:42 pm

My view on the whole "are Jaegers possible to actually build is?" and people who say it is impossible is the following links:
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Incorrect_predictions
http://rinkworks.com/said/predictions.shtml
http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/neverwrk.htm

Lee De Forest,1957 wrote:To place a man in a multi-stage rocket and project him into the controlling gravitational field of the moon where the passengers can make scientific observations, perhaps land alive, and then return to earth—all that constitutes a wild dream worthy of Jules Verne. I am bold enough to say that such a man-made voyage will never occur regardless of all future advances.

Unidentified Boston newspaper, 1865 wrote:Well-informed people know that it is impossible to transmit the human voice over wires as may be done with dots and dashes of Morse code, and that, were it possible to do so, the thing would be of no practical value.

A Boeing engineer, after the first flight of the 247, a twin engine plane that holds ten people. wrote:There will never be a bigger plane built.

Saying it's impossible is just insulting to humanity as a whole! And grossly untrue, as given strong, light materials and a sufficient power source it is perfectly possible. Obviously there might be more practical solutions, people predicted that the 'Land BattleShip' would be the future of warfare but what evolved was a small, fast, armoured vehicle making use of the power of Internal combustion engines and new methods of Steel production.

And (i hope) there are no giant monsters under the pacific that we can't deal with unless we create giant mechs. (though if there are, i hope we do)
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
Spoiler: show
I am the muffinman
tahthing
Mega Blok

Postby Theblackdog » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:22 am

Guillermo Del Toro wrote:The pilots' smaller stories actually make a bigger point, which is that we're all together in the same robot [in life]...

Best. Moral. EVER.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Previous

Return to General Discussion