Kult of the Darkness (alliance)

Also, butts.

Moderators: Blitzen, Almighty Benny

Re: Kult of the Darkness (alliance)

Postby Darkstorm » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:01 pm

Hiremas Alkerith wrote:Huh.
Well Camps, no fear. The whole theme of the Alkerians is that they are extremely technologically advanced, and have extensive knowledge of the world around them. BUT because of their war with Aldebraan, they're poor as shit, and they'll continue to be underfunded. They're supposed to be the right people that got in with the wrong ones, and the rest of the factions are just holding them down, sponging off of them. Also, even if they do get well funded at some point in the future (Maybe from the Magikallenic war, but I imagine the Imperials etc would just hoard it for themselves) they only have particularly advanced warp, portal and sensor technology. The rest is just...meh. They have no large ships of any kind (larger than a heavy freighter), leaving that up to the other factions, and their weapons are just your average tech. I actually do whatever I can to make their equipment look rag tag and worn out, as you see with the yellow viper tank I'm using in my forum battle at the minute. I made it look as though the whole rear chassis was just bolted on, and while  I kept a single standard colour I mixed in some other colours for weathering.
Hope there are a couple of things in there that help..
Also, I seriously need to post the rest of my stuff onto my armoury. While I don't have a huge army, it's nowhere near THAT small!! :twss:

Yeah the DRK can help w/ that... we are rich from plunder. We send you the supplies you need... :wink:
The darkness is coming... Darkstorm will rise! Death to all who oppose us!
My Faction:Darkstorm Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness
Darkstorm
oh god

Postby Hiremas Alkerith » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:23 am

You're back! Sweet!!!  :csi:
AnnoyedZebra wrote: why is the dork knights groin shiny?

Stubby wrote:It's a dork in shining armor. Really, if you're going to be a dork knight, the dork has to be the shiniest part.
Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Postby Captain-Camper » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:16 pm

Oh he's back from Rehab
"Tallyho lads, snuggle the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers"
Captain-Camper
seriously?

Postby hatkight » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:59 am

Oh God he's back
Blokbots are kinda cool
hatkight
Wait what?

Postby Hiremas Alkerith » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:07 am

Hey, you know what would be fun? (Though I doubt it's possible)
What if we made this really official by actually having a group that you can join, like dimmies and mods, and then kind of.......
Well, that's about it really.
Thoughts?

Stubby wrote:It's a dork in shining armor. Really, if you're going to be a dork knight, the dork has to be the shiniest part.
Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Postby Omega Prime » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:01 pm

Hiremas Alkerith wrote:Hey, you know what would be fun? (Though I doubt it's possible)
What if we made this really official by actually having a group that you can join, like dimmies and mods, and then kind of.......
Thoughts?

Interesting, but would that mean every alliance would deserve a group too?
gotta love knitting needles. i can make you a scarf. i can make a hat. i can stab your eyes out. i can make mittens.

What was that middle part again?

i can make a hat
Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Postby Hiremas Alkerith » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:35 am

Omega Prime wrote:
Hiremas Alkerith wrote:Hey, you know what would be fun? (Though I doubt it's possible)
Thoughts?

You have a point there... :busted:

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Postby Hiremas Alkerith » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:51 pm

I'm going to be unable to do much with, well, ANYTHING for two key reasons:
6. My computer has decided to fuck me up
7. I'm going to be unable to access my LEGO for a while

Suitable Excuse: The Alkerians ran out of money to fund their WIP Antimatter facility, again.

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Postby Omega Prime » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:06 pm

Hiremas Alkerith wrote:Suitable Excuse: The Alkerians ran out of money to fund their WIP Antimatter facility, again.

Translation: The Aldebraanians (Is that how you spell it?) stole all the Algerian money again and spent it all on another pointless venture of some kind.
gotta love knitting needles. i can make you a scarf. i can make a hat. i can stab your eyes out. i can make mittens.

i can make a hat
Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Postby dilanski » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:16 pm

Hiremas Alkerith wrote:
Omega Prime wrote:
Thoughts?

You have a point there... :busted:

Yeah, there are far too many alliances for a forum based solution. If people really cared enough, they'd work something out between them. People could make custom signatures or Avatars to fly the alliances colours, or any number of options. Never happens though, as most people care enough to ask someone else to do the work, but not enough to do it themselves.

In other news, I am starting to lay out a battlefield for my first match assaulting into the Magikallenic Cloud. Last Brikwar I had was just before I started my degree, so coming up on three years ago. As such, I'll be keeping it small and technical so I can familiarise myself with the changes to BW2010 that have happened since 2014.

In the past I have always liked the simple 6 baseplate layout for small games, so I'll be using that. Bridge will obviously be raised, and should give the option for sniping or possibly infantry fights up on top of it, depending on deployment.

As a quick aside, the Crusader is a lesson in why it is best to build smaller units before bigger ones. This tank is practically unusable on this battlefield, and I'll probably need to make something pretty large for when I eventually get to use it.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Postby Hiremas Alkerith » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:41 am

Omega Prime wrote:
Hiremas Alkerith wrote:Suitable Excuse: The Alkerians ran out of money to fund their WIP Antimatter facility, again.

Translation: The Aldebraanians (Is that how you spell it?) stole all the Algerian money again and spent it all on another pointless venture of some kind.

The Aldebraanians  (Perfect spelling) spent almost all of it on gothic paintings and heavy metal albums, while Gree also stole some to buy some playgirl magazines  :rtfm:
BTW Sweet battlefield Dilanski! :tiger:

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Postby motorhead fan » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:57 pm

As I can't put photos on my laptop, we'll have to do without.

Message from: Unknown
Greatings Kult of the Darkness, my master has a proposition for you, the Demon lord Anubrik and his army wish to join your alliance.
Our recent attempts at forming a beach head into your reality have all been foiled by the tyrannical Phalek Empire, Let our Kultists
open portals in your territory and in return our warriors will fight alongside you and as a special bonus, upon death, the souls of your soldiers will
all go to my master and you will be able to fight for eternity.
All you have to do is say yes...
motorhead fan
Can the gun aim upwards? Because on mine, it keeps flopping down and it's a bit annoying.

Postby Omega Prime » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:19 pm

So, Motorhead - if they join, does that mean that the Phaleks are mad at the Edgy N00B Squad too?

i can make a hat
Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Postby Hiremas Alkerith » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:17 am

motorhead fan wrote:As I can't put photos on my laptop, we'll have to do without.

Message from: Unknown
Greatings Kult of the Darkness, my master has a proposition for you, the Demon lord Anubrik and his army wish to join your alliance.
Our recent attempts at forming a beach head into your reality have all been foiled by the tyrannical Phalek Empire, Let our Kultists
open portals in your territory and in return our warriors will fight alongside you and as a special bonus, upon death, the souls of your soldiers will
all go to my master and you will be able to fight for eternity.
All you have to do is say yes...

<INCOMING TRANSMISSION>
<LOCATION="UNKNOWN">
<NETWORK SECURE>
This is Hiremas Alkerith. We've intercepted your message, and let me tell you this. My alliance within the kult REFUSE to accept these terms, and no matter what the other members of the kult say, I will not be a part in this. Despite our crushing financial state, we will not accept scum like you on our side. In short, No. No, we will NOT join you. Hiremas Alkerith out.
<TRANSMISSION TERMINATED>
<NETWORK LOST>

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Postby Hiremas Alkerith » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:19 am

In case any of you were wondering, Alkerith is constantly pissed off, since he is in perpetual agony, and is surrounded by idiots. Before his death, he was extremely good natured and had a strong sense of humour.

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion