Net neutrality

Also, butts.

Moderators: Almighty Benny, Blitzen

Net neutrality

Postby Hamahaki » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:28 am

Do you guys support it or not? any opinions on the recent events regarding it? I personally support it, and people that want to help conserve it should go to https://www.battleforthenet.com
Modern militaries should use armored trains
User avatar
Hamahaki
Hero
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:54 pm
Location: Nuclear Bunker

Re: Net neutrality

Postby BriksKrieg » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:35 am

I was actualy just about to post this exact thing. Lol

I've seen a bunch of stuff on discord about it, and it looks like EA's DLC fetish will transfer to the whol füking Internet. As if we don't pay for enough stuff already.

I had a conversation on discord with some people, and one of the jokes we came up with is that you'd pay $20 for a keyboard layout, no keys. Then you'd pay $4 per key, then a $15 DLC (that costs another $10 to download) to activate a key, and this is per key. The F and U keys would become a favorite of the whole world.
Tzan wrote:The STFU looks like its positioned at the tip of the galactic penis.

sahasrahla wrote:we can always count on Tzan to offer engaging and intellectually stimulating observations on the topic at hand
User avatar
BriksKrieg
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:50 am
Location: Hiding from Craig

Re: Net neutrality

Postby sahasrahla » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:55 am

U G H

i consider myself more or less conservative but capitalism is just the worst
User avatar
sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming
 
Posts: 600
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:40 pm

Re: Net neutrality

Postby BriksKrieg » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:39 pm

Overall, I think capitolism is great, unfortunately it does sh!t like this. The Internet is owned by the people if Earth, not a single government. It's  called "THE WORLD WIDE WEB" for gods sake. They might as well raise füking taxes. It'll be about as popular. Is the US the only country doing this?
Tzan wrote:The STFU looks like its positioned at the tip of the galactic penis.

sahasrahla wrote:we can always count on Tzan to offer engaging and intellectually stimulating observations on the topic at hand
User avatar
BriksKrieg
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:50 am
Location: Hiding from Craig

Re: Net neutrality

Postby TheCraigfulOne » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:53 pm

Weeeee, the world's going to shit, hold on kids!
User avatar
TheCraigfulOne
there are no brakes on the ban train
 
Posts: 1180
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 1:46 pm
Location: Listening to Metal \m/

Re: Net neutrality

Postby Hamahaki » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:35 pm

StalinsFavoriteKhat wrote:Overall, I think capitolism is great, unfortunately it does sh!t like this. The Internet is owned by the people if Earth, not a single government. It's  called "THE WORLD WIDE WEB" for gods sake. They might as well raise füking taxes. It'll be about as popular. Is the US the only country doing this?

If it happens to the us, Im willing to bet other countries will start as well.
Modern militaries should use armored trains
User avatar
Hamahaki
Hero
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:54 pm
Location: Nuclear Bunker

Re: Net neutrality

Postby Arkbrik » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:44 pm

It's an especially big deal in the US because in large parts of the country there is only one internet service provider, meaning they can do whatever they want, since their customers can't go to a competitor. Free market amirite?
User avatar
Arkbrik
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1964
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:18 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Net neutrality

Postby Tzan » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:16 pm

Butterfly vs Basketball
User avatar
Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
 
Posts: 4422
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:41 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Net neutrality

Postby stubby » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:23 pm

Hamahaki wrote:
StalinsFavoriteKhat wrote:Overall, I think capitolism is great, unfortunately it does sh!t like this. The Internet is owned by the people if Earth, not a single government. It's  called "THE WORLD WIDE WEB" for gods sake. They might as well raise füking taxes. It'll be about as popular. Is the US the only country doing this?

If it happens to the us, Im willing to bet other countries will start as well.

Other countries already do this. It's not about who owns the internet, it's about who owns the local infrastructure that gives you access to it.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?
User avatar
stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook
 
Posts: 5027
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Re: Net neutrality

Postby BriksKrieg » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:34 pm

stubby wrote:
Hamahaki wrote:
StalinsFavoriteKhat wrote:Overall, I think capitolism is great, unfortunately it does sh!t like this. The Internet is owned by the people if Earth, not a single government. It's  called "THE WORLD WIDE WEB" for gods sake. They might as well raise füking taxes. It'll be about as popular. Is the US the only country doing this?

If it happens to the us, Im willing to bet other countries will start as well.

Other countries already do this. It's not about who owns the internet, it's about who owns the local infrastructure that gives you access to it.
Wouldn't that make a monopoly, if one company owned the infrastructure? I know that they may nit control all 100% of it. In my mind, it seems like the comapanies are trying to put a phone bill type of thing on the internet. If that happens to somehow be right, how? Would there be a "premium" for people already with that provider?

This all just for conversations sake, not trying to tick people off though.
If im wrong, enlighten me. Preferably with facts, buy opinions work too.
Tzan wrote:The STFU looks like its positioned at the tip of the galactic penis.

sahasrahla wrote:we can always count on Tzan to offer engaging and intellectually stimulating observations on the topic at hand
User avatar
BriksKrieg
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:50 am
Location: Hiding from Craig

Re: Net neutrality

Postby Kastrenzo » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:57 pm

ISPs and telecom companies get away with bloody murder in canada, They just bullshit everyone with excuses like "Hurr, snow , mountains and big country" to try to explain why we have the highest rates in the developed world


So I vehementley oppose anything that is for the benefit of ISP Companies getting even more filthy fucking rich than they already are.

Nothing in life is free, and I don't expect it that way,  but the Internet has become a need just like electricity, gasoline and fucking beds to sleep on.  
Companies that have monopolies in their industries are fast tracking us to economic armageddon when they decide it's time to buy another fleet of Ferrari for the fat cults.
Faction Index
Last week I put liquid paper on a bee. And it died
Current Works in Progress (Battles, Soaps, etc)
Spoiler: show
Operation Harvest Red, Syndikat Space pirate story, Volhinyan Civil War, Shulga Saga, History of the Gold Sector
High Priority Low Priority Long Term Project

Factions Currentley being focused on
Spoiler: show
Peacheneg Armata Coalition, Chernarus, Volhinya
User avatar
Kastrenzo
all I have is anthrax and rage
 
Posts: 800
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:49 am
Location: Pure Unfiltered Formaldehyde Cancer

Re: Net neutrality

Postby Zupponn » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:59 pm

sahasrahla wrote:U G H

i consider myself more or less conservative but capitalism is just the worst

I am generally fiscally conservative, so I'm super against paying twice for the same service.
Image
User avatar
Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product
 
Posts: 5329
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:15 pm
Location: Formerly Wisconsin, Now Minnesota

Re: Net neutrality

Postby Brikguy0410 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:21 pm

none of y'all hate telecom companies as much as I do. I hate them so much I was brought back to life by sheer rage to write this post.
User avatar
Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science, History, and Literature Expert
 
Posts: 868
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:04 pm
Location: Rappin' for Jesus

Re: Net neutrality

Postby Kommander Ken » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:24 pm

It's past your bedtime, Brikguy.
User avatar
Kommander Ken
bad at shitposting
 
Posts: 1622
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:25 am
Location: Coming soon to a Brikverse near you.

Re: Net neutrality

Postby Brikguy0410 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:30 pm

whoa, what if  ajit pai is actually a former brikwars poster who was perma banned, and is now trying to repeal net neutrality in order to get revenge? my money is on asterios- widebeagle is out since being FCC chairman requires at least some level of effort.
User avatar
Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science, History, and Literature Expert
 
Posts: 868
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:04 pm
Location: Rappin' for Jesus

Next

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest