Dimmies vs Non-Dimmies

You know, whatever

Moderators: Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny, Blitzen

Dimmies vs Non-Dimmies

Postby Jbgarrison » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:35 pm

I notice that being assigned to the Old School user group doesn't give me access to post new threads or reply to existing ones in the Non-Dimmie Forum (which I can at least view).

I also notice that I have no access to view the Dimmy Forum.

This must mean that I am neither Dimmy nor Non-Dimmy (perhaps this tricky use of "nor" here will decide my fate).

Who do I need to appease to obtain one or the other's badge of forum membership?
Hoboman wrote:I forgot for a moment what forum I was on like Bonn-o-Tron.

Jeffrey Boyd Garrison
Spokane, Washington, USA
TROLOLO
Jbgarrison
Cannon Fodder

Postby OneEye589 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:42 pm

Here's the deal:

You're either a Dimmy or a Non-Dimmy. There is no inbetween, but to converse with the Dimmy usergroup, you have to apply.

You can only be a Non-Dimmy if Blitzen approves of something you're doing correct. Unfortunately for you, Blitzen is almost never on anymore, so it's probably not gonna happen for you.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby Jbgarrison » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:45 pm

This is what i can conclude then...

Forum members who are flagged as "Old School" (which is no relation to dimmy/non-dimmy status), can only view the non-dimmy forum by default, but they are considered Dimmy (because there is no inbetween status) until such time as they are magically converted to non-dimmy by Blitzen, who is allegedly never on (i'm not sure I believe that she is always absent).

Why would default status dimmies be able to view the non-dimmy forum?

Why would dimmies need to apply to be in the dimmy user group if it's a default status?

The above conclusion is based on the assumption that One-Eye is correct about new forum members with "Old School" status also being considered Dimmy by default.

Please keep in mind, none of the above actually concerns me, I just thought it might be fun to bring up in the interest of trolling for drama. :)

Jeffrey Boyd Garrison
Spokane, Washington, USA
TROLOLO
Jbgarrison
Cannon Fodder

Postby OneEye589 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:08 pm

Can you guys see the Non-Dimmy forum? I'm a member, and I don't remember if I could see it before or not.

Not everyone who is from the older days is a Non-Dimmy, and not everyone who is new can't be a Non-Dimmy. I wasn't an original person and I'm allowed, but piltogg and james+burgundy are definitely not allowed.

Blitzen has been on recently, but not often enough to see all the posts you make. Also, you asking about it probably puts you out of the running forever.

Some people don't want to be Dimmies and try to deny the fact they are Dimmies by not signing up for the group.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby Apollyon » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:19 pm

I can read the no-dimmy forum but i cannot post, cannot see anything on the dimmy forum.
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!
Apollyon
constantly striving to using proper grammar

Postby stubby » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:10 am

Dimmy and Non-Dimmy are like political parties. It's been a false dichotomy from the start.
stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia

Postby Jbgarrison » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:01 am

stubby wrote:Dimmy and Non-Dimmy are like political parties. It's been a false dichotomy from the start.

I don't want to be a Dimmy-crat. :?

Jeffrey Boyd Garrison
Spokane, Washington, USA
TROLOLO
Jbgarrison
Cannon Fodder

Postby OneEye589 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:42 am

stubby wrote:Dimmy and Non-Dimmy are like political parties. It's been a false dichotomy from the start.

Not true, as Blitzen is the one who decides whether people are Dimmies or not, and she said herself that everyone who is not a Non-Dimmy is automatically a Dimmy.

EDIT: I guess there could be other things people might be described as otherwise, but they can't be because of Blitzen.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby Warhead » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:23 am

The proof of Stubby's statement is the irony that Blitzen is just as Dimmie as the rest of us.
Warhead
Build me an Army worthy of Mordor

Postby OneEye589 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:51 am

No, because she decided that she's not ;)

Actually, she's as Dimmy as you, stubby, and I, as she decided we aren't Dimmies either.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby Warhead » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:56 am

She is a girl though... or so she decided, so I guess that does make her unique... well, almost unique since we also have Natalya. And, no, she will never decide I am not a Dimmie. Never in a million years. :lol: I think it's because I decided she was fat. Who knows. :wink:
Warhead

Postby dilanski » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:58 am

Anyone can view all forums except the dimmy one, due to the fact it makes your eyes water. I often visit there to troll.
ImageImageImage
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Subjugated Ireland

Postby Warhead » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:04 pm

Admit it, you're their king who secretly organises them into Trolling parties and sends them out to bomb the forum with all this pish. :shock: Man, I need to start drinking de-caf.
Warhead

Postby dilanski » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:58 pm

Warhead wrote:Admit it, you're their king who secretly organises them into Trolling parties and sends them out to bomb the forum with all this pish. :shock: Man, I need to start drinking de-caf.

Hell, no....Stay with caffeine,
ImageImageImage
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Subjugated Ireland

Return to General Discussion