The Future of Brikwars: Animated

You know, whatever

Moderators: Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny, Blitzen

The Future of Brikwars: Animated

Postby ForlornCreature » Fri May 06, 2011 2:28 am

I want to do another, but it wont be anytime soon. at the least maybe in a month or too, but I would like to sort my lego collection and finish a couple animations first. But what do you guys wanna see? I'm fairly limited in my lego (or at least it feels that way) but what kind of battle would you want? I don't do fantasy btw. Although I just realised I must have a lot of droids...droi apocalypse? Naw, crap-tonne to animate.

Anyway, looking back on what I did, I think I can do better. Better editing, flow, treating each turn like a movie in itself. Perhaps I could use a 'mini-map' microscale thing to play out the turns so I can think of creative ways to show the events.

Anyway, what do you think? Ideas on how to accomplish it better? Ideas on setting? Just random epic ideas?
ForlornCreature
Jaw-Jaw

Location: Animating lego in a dark room someplace in the savage land of Australia

Postby Pwnerade » Fri May 06, 2011 2:29 am

Although it would probably be difficult, animated explosions. Stock up on red bushes.
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.
Pwnerade
Playmobil

Postby ForlornCreature » Fri May 06, 2011 2:41 am

Would be just as hard to animate as arranging red bushes for photos is...just I would have a few stages. Good idea!

EDIT: I have about 17 actual DSM now, 10 futurons, a single terror-kahn, many star wars droids/troopers, lots of miscellaneus figs, just giving some ideas on themes.

EDIT: And a special gif edition for warhead If I can find a way to do it easily just by dragging/dropping the animation frames, or converting a video to gif without too much hassle.
ForlornCreature
Jaw-Jaw

Location: Animating lego in a dark room someplace in the savage land of Australia

Postby RunsWithLegos » Fri May 06, 2011 7:58 am

Have a 3 way siege? the peaches and droids attacking the DSM and eachother, and the DSM defending a fort filled with their serfs.
RunsWithLegos
Pooplord

Postby Apollyon » Fri May 06, 2011 8:28 am

Maybe you could do it in the vain of Stubby's Rainbow Jellybean Apocalypse? That is, present us with a small scenario, await orders, animate the best/most hilarious.
I think this way you have less work than with a full fledged battle (even if it's as small as your last), you can take your time getting it as good as you want to and the result would be much easier to follow for the viewers.
As scenario i suggest to continue the awesome DSM vs Futuron civil war setting.
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!
Apollyon
constantly striving to using proper grammar

Postby enders_shadow » Fri May 06, 2011 5:17 pm

Apollyon wrote:Maybe you could do it in the vain of Stubby's Rainbow Jellybean Apocalypse? That is, present us with a small scenario, await orders, animate the best/most hilarious.
I think this way you have less work than with a full fledged battle (even if it's as small as your last), you can take your time getting it as good as you want to and the result would be much easier to follow for the viewers.
As scenario I suggest to continue the awesome DSM vs Futuron civil war setting.

this. but w/o the dsm/futuron battle, that has already been done before. :?
TROLOLO
enders_shadow
Playmobil

Postby ForlornCreature » Fri May 06, 2011 6:16 pm

I figured that the DSM's next battle would probably be an assault on the futuron. I'll need to buy some more futuron, and any ideas for setting? I figured a space ship, but confined spaces to animate.
ForlornCreature
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Paco » Fri May 06, 2011 11:49 pm

ForlornCreature wrote:I figured that the DSM's next battle would probably be an assault on the futuron. I'll need to buy some more futuron, and any ideas for setting? I figured a space ship, but confined spaces to animate.
Do what Apollyon did for Boarding the Hyperion, build an open, giant ship hull.
Tzan wrote:
Silverdream wrote:the link for a kingdom in turmoil leads to grave tidings.

Are you getting your ideas for posts from fortune cookies?
Paco
Jaw-Jaw

Postby ForlornCreature » Thu May 12, 2011 3:03 am

Paco the Duck Ninja wrote:
ForlornCreature wrote:I figured that the DSM's next battle would probably be an assault on the futuron. I'll need to buy some more futuron, and any ideas for setting? I figured a space ship, but confined spaces to animate.
Do what Apollyon did for Boarding the Hyperion, build an open, giant ship hull.

Any ideas on how I'd do it? Individual turns tend to turn out real short in animation, so would there be a way to do a couple turns at a time? Perhaps I could make it like a movie that builds as you play. For example:
Say it's like the opening scene from saving private ryan, for turn 0 it would be a minute of build up to the battle. When the boats hit the beach the action is decided, I play it out on a mini-map, take notes, decide on how to make it look coolest and I re-upload a new video with that turn's animation added on, next turn etc.
ForlornCreature
Jaw-Jaw

Postby ForlornCreature » Mon May 30, 2011 4:34 am

Ok, I finished the animations I wanted to do, the next couple months will be spent sorting Lego and waiting to move back to my flooded house, maybe with another Lego minecraft squeezed in. When I've moved back and settled in (I get the downstairs room permanently now, before I just kept Lego down there and had to pack up when people stayed over like what happened with the first brikwars animated) I'll get straight on to a new forum battle. I guess I could do an interior-based battle, If I could make it modular enough to take apart for better angles it could work.
I think I would do maybe two or three turns per animation update, the question is, would you prefer to make orders for two turns, and I'll go crazy, or have me post turn minimap results (publicly or privately to participants) so you can send specific orders each turn?
Or just something completely different.
ForlornCreature
Jaw-Jaw

Postby ForlornCreature » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:57 am

I think I might be going with a follow up on my dsm/futuron storyline, DSM strikes back! An idea I had was that the film might follow a particular character, Or perhaps it could swap protagonists constantly akin to Lego black ops? Also if someone could work out a fast and easy way to convert video or images to a gif I would do that for warhead unless he gets a new toaster that can play videos...
ForlornCreature
Jaw-Jaw

Postby RunsWithLegos » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:06 am

i would enjoy seening your handy work once more.
RunsWithLegos
Pooplord

Postby ForlornCreature » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:25 am

Here are my baseplates. Show me the best Station/Ship you can make. Plates are to scale at 1 pixel a stud. I always seem to have a hard time finding a nice arrangment of these...

EDIT: I just realised I could do my minimap thing in MSpaint with these to plan turns
ForlornCreature
Jaw-Jaw

Postby ForlornCreature » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:52 am

90% of this thread = me

Hmm what to get your attention...

I can Garuntee this one will be finished
It will be epic
It will have DSM

Who wants to sign up?
ForlornCreature
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Robot Monkey » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:55 am

Count me in!
Robot Monkey
Pooplord

Next

Return to General Discussion