A difficulty with Brik Wars.......

You know, whatever

Moderators: Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny, Blitzen

Postby Hoboman » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:02 pm

ForlornCreature wrote:Pretend they're minifigs

:lol:

Rody wrote:All it takes is some memory of how to put it back together, and if that doesn't work you figure out a better way.

That is why I would take photos of my most favorite MOCs from various angles and even in parts so once a battle is over I could look at the photos if my memory fails me. :wink:
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"
Hoboman
My Little Pony

Postby OneEye589 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:29 pm

Just make your MOCs able to be broken down into sections. RoC does that with his tanks. It's easy for him to remove the turrets, the tops, the treads, etc.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby Robot Monkey » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:03 pm

OneEye589 wrote:Just make your MOCs able to be broken down into sections. RoC does that with his tanks. It's easy for him to remove the turrets, the tops, the treads, etc.

I did that with my tank, too. The roof comes off into three sections, the turret breaks into five sections, and the treads can pop off.
Robot Monkey
Pooplord

Postby BFenix » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:27 pm

See? You're just a wussie
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby Scottsman » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:11 pm

BFenix wrote:See? You're just a wussie

I wouldn't piss off white nun if I were you.
TROLOLO
Scottsman
Cannon Fodder

Postby Ranger S2H » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:39 pm

the basic thing that is brikwars is as easy as this: destruction through construction.
all units and vehicles have to be built to be blown up, which means that in the end, the total number of destroyed and died is zero.
- I refuse to be stopped by something as irrelevant as logic, the laws of physics, or common sense -

if 20 chickens can fit in a brick, how many pingpongballs does a crocodile have to eat so it can swim faster than a washing machine?
Ranger S2H
Cannon Fodder

Location: deep in dimmy territory, fighting the hordes from the inside.

Postby BFenix » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:46 pm

Scottsman wrote:

I wouldn't piss off white nun if I were you.

I was directing that post to muffinman, I would not dare to set nuns temper off.
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby White Nun » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:21 pm

Well yes in a sense I am.

It's Ok you can all come out from behind those sandbags now :wink:

The advice that I should just think of them as minifigs was about spot on really as I do tend to give each and everyone of my wee folk a full life history almost down to the name of their dog or cult.
Back when I had ambitions as an author it was worse. If one of my characters died I was plunged into deep mourning as if for a close friend. Of course that makes for a hugely compelling storyline, plot and etc having characters that well crafted, but it takes a real toll emotionally if anything awful happens to them.
White Nun
Jaw-Jaw

Postby BFenix » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:29 pm

White Nun wrote:

Well yes in a sense I am.

It's Ok you can all come out from behind those sandbags now :wink:

The advice that I should just think of them as minifigs was about spot on really as I do tend to give each and everyone of my wee folk a full life history almost down to the name of their dog or cult.
Back when I had ambitions as an author it was worse. If one of my characters died I was plunged into deep mourning as if for a close friend. Of course that makes for a hugely compelling storyline, plot and etc having characters that well crafted, but it takes a real toll emotionally if anything awful happens to them.

Thats what makes lots of stories thrilling, the connection between the viewer/reader/spectator and the character. I for example cannot think of a better way to give my figs a "good life" rather then battle.

Oh and read my previous post :wink:
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby stubby » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:37 am

White Nun wrote:The advice that I should just think of them as minifigs was about spot on really as I do tend to give each and everyone of my wee folk a full life history almost down to the name of their dog or cult.

Sounds like you may ultimately get more fulfillment from putting energy into the wiki rather than the battles. But minifigs can have full life histories too; they're just life histories that involve getting repeatedly and gleefully blown to pieces and reassembled more often than the life histories of the average human.
stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia

Postby Ranger S2H » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:26 pm

I suddenly have an idea for a scenario set in the base of whatever faction lost the previous battle: two officers get into an argument over probably nothing, which of course ends in a full battle. every trooper takes a side but: the army is already destroyed, so every fig need to assemble himself before he can fight again using whatever he can find in the remains of the destroyed vehicles.
- I refuse to be stopped by something as irrelevant as logic, the laws of physics, or common sense -

if 20 chickens can fit in a brick, how many pingpongballs does a crocodile have to eat so it can swim faster than a washing machine?
Ranger S2H
Cannon Fodder

Postby ikensall » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:22 pm

I like the sound of your MOCs (steampunk and retro future etc.) but I think you might want to try microspace if you just can't stand those trans-red plates. It swaps out blood for a bit of fire. Also, the usual problem with blowing up MOCs is the re-assembly but with micro space the minimalist use of pieces normally makes it easier to put back together. Feel free to ignore my rambling, but thats all I have to say.
ikensall
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Silverdream » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:44 pm

ikensall wrote:I like the sound of your MOCs (steampunk and retro future etc.) but I think you might want to try microspace if you just can't stand those trans-red plates. It swaps out blood for a bit of fire. Also, the usual problem with blowing up MOCs is the re-assembly but with micro space the minimalist use of pieces normally makes it easier to put back together. Feel free to ignore my rambling, but thats all I have to say.

Yes. This way you also care less as it's harder to write biographies for hundreds of thousands.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
kaka pants

Postby ikensall » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:38 pm

Who needs biographies. Explosions will suffice!
ikensall
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Ranger S2H » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:27 pm

a single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.

@ikensall: I think the problem wasnt that she didnt want to disassemble her MOCs, it is she knows to much about her figs and mistakes them for human.

I have the same problem with my rangers (my fav army). I know each and every units name, character and background to the point I don't really want them to die, which is why my other, though smaller, armies do most of the brikwars while the rangers reap the rewards behind the scenes through selling weapons and tech, not to mention the fact they influence the other armies through sabotage and espionage. (granted, this doesn't make them sound good, but I have another darker faction that play the real bad guys through the same means, so its ok :P)

one of these days Im gonna order a large ranger force of grunts on briklink, all with the same face and uniform, to keep them nameless.
my current rangers will be that army's elite covert ops team

Ranger S2H
Cannon Fodder

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion