August 13-14th Hudson Valley Airsoft Op: Merida II AAR

You know, whatever

Moderators: Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny, Blitzen

Postby Gunney » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:13 pm

I'm gonna just throw this out there....Paintball > Airsoft.
Remember, there are no such thing as Athiests in foxholes. There's also no such things as foxes in foxholes.
TROLOLO
Gunney
Minifig

Postby Keldoclock » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:25 pm

I figure Airsoft is better if you're playing with the right guys. Airsoft is honor-system based, right?
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
Keldoclock
Pooplord

Postby Ross_Varn » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:02 pm

Yeah, since there are no marks to leave. It attracts younger teens than paintball, because paintball hurts, man!
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby razgriz 25th inf. » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:18 pm

Now Now kiddies lets not have the paintball = bettar then aersofte lolololol argument, i KNOW where this goes. It is MY personal belief that airsoft is the superior sport, for the realism, accuracy of weapons, and the much wider market. Plus, i have had bad experiances with paintballers in the past, and have generally found that they tend to be more arrogant and show-offy than airsofters, and our community tends to be more welcoming to new players. Plus, we seem to have a lot more former, and current, mind you, active duty players that point newbies in the right direction and are very patient. And lets not forget that when SB 798 rolled around, paintballers were quick to get their guns pulled off the list of affected guns and leave their airsoft bretheren to die. Case-in point: On Facepunch, At one point the admin, Garry, decided to cut a bunch of sub-forums. Paintball and Airsoft were on that list. The Airsofters were one of the few sub-forums that actually sent a polite e-mail to Garry, and even tryed to defend the paintballers. Well, the paintballers screwed themselves over by sending Garry hatemail. Point is, Airsoft is more engaging and immersing to me and the community is a great one, and in all my time there has been only 5 people that has caused trouble/cheated in airsoft. The number for Paintball is around 23 or so. And i've been airsofting for the same amount of time. And lets not even get into how airsoft is cheaper than paintball, mostly in terms of gas and ammo. Guns and gear do not count as while some guns are as cheap/expensive as paintball guns, we tend to spend a lot on gear than anything else. 'Cept me, i tend to roll with simple gear. But the ammo is the deciding factor. A decent case of 2000 rds is about $45. A decent bag of 5000 .25 g bbs is about $20. and lets not even get into how unrealistic the guns look. Image i mean, how does THIS look realistic?! its a clusterfuck of an AK47 and an M16! Anyways, i've gone far enough, let this be the end of a potential argument.
"If you fuck a clone of yourself, is it incest or masturbation?" - my best friend

Being a Knight of Space is hard work. Nobody else could land so many hot people and still be coherent.

razgriz 25th inf.
Galidor
Galidor

Postby OneEye589 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:41 am

Use paragraphs and people might actually try to read what you're typing instead of just hurting their brains :rtfm:
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby 501stCadians » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:47 am

OneEye589 wrote:Use paragraphs and people might actually try to read what you're typing instead of just hurting their brains :rtfm:
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!

Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.
501stCadians
Playmobil

Postby Ross_Varn » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:46 am

razgriz 25th inf. wrote:And lets not forget that when SB 798 rolled around, paintballers were quick to get their guns pulled off the list of affected guns and leave their airsoft bretheren to die.

razgriz 25th inf. wrote:and lets not even get into how unrealistic the [paintball] guns look.

*raises eyebrow*
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby Ham701 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:04 pm

Based on what I've seen in this forum, only incometent trash/whiny bitches play airsoft.

I think paintball is better because it gets your adrenaline pumping. When you get shot it actually hurts, unlike airsoft where is a little pellet bouncing off of you. Who gives a damn about realistic guns and shit anyway? It's just for looks, and if you want to, you can mod paintball guns to look like real guns(2 of my friends have M4s)

Also, woodsball is a hell of a lot more fun than speed ball. One friend of mine has this dirt bike course with ramps and shit we use for cover, real fun.
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.

Ham701
Galidor
Galidor

Postby razgriz 25th inf. » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:17 pm

Ham701 wrote:Based on what I've seen in this forum, only incometent trash/whiny bitches play airsoft.

I think paintball is better because it gets your adrenaline pumping. When you get shot it actually hurts, unlike airsoft where is a little pellet bouncing off of you. Who gives a damn about realistic guns and shit anyway? It's just for looks, and if you want to, you can mod paintball guns to look like real guns(2 of my friends have M4s)

Also, woodsball is a hell of a lot more fun than speed ball. One friend of mine has this dirt bike course with ramps and shit we use for cover, real fun.

Okay, here comes the LOLOLOL PAINTBALL ARE BETTAR BECUZ IT HURT AND SHIT AND IT GETS SHIT DIRTY AND SHIT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO- Look, Paintball guns, even the ones that are modeled to be like M4s have quite a few inconsistancies, are relatively expensive, relatively rare, and the market for such guns are very small. And trust me, a FUCKTON of people like to be realistic. How do i know? Because a fuckton of people play airsoft, buy real military gear for it, treat it like real combat, etc. This rarely happens in paintball, with the closet you can get are scenaro games, with the only fields i know that do them charge a shitton for ammo, and are not very immersive. And how could airsoft NOT get adrenaline pumping in the same way? At the same base its just combat, so in short both get adrenaline pumping. Oh, and by the way, that "tiny little plastic pellet" is going at 400 FPS and can actually embed itself in skin if not enough precautions are taken, such as a full face brassguard. BBs hurt like FUCK, and unlike paintballs where they break upon contact which break the velocity, these are solid pellets, which hit full force, and HURT MORE THAN PAINTBALLS. You can't put your false opinions and label them as "tottally tru factz"
"If you fuck a clone of yourself, is it incest or masturbation?" - my best friend

Being a Knight of Space is hard work. Nobody else could land so many hot people and still be coherent.

razgriz 25th inf.
Galidor
Galidor

Postby razgriz 25th inf. » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:20 pm

Ross_Varn wrote:
razgriz 25th inf. wrote:And lets not forget that when SB 798 rolled around, paintballers were quick to get their guns pulled off the list of affected guns and leave their airsoft bretheren to die.

razgriz 25th inf. wrote:and lets not even get into how unrealistic the [paintball] guns look.

*raises eyebrow*

Look, sorry about the double post, but this needed to be addressed. When California first started putting together SB798, there were talking anything that looked even remotely like a gun, and shot any projectile at any speed, it was slated to have to be bright colors. Paintballers got their guns removed from the list by imposing a "if the projectile is bigger than 6mm it is off the list." Which, by the way, 6mm is the exact size of airsoft bbs. So basically paintballers said "Fuck you airsoft, where bettar so we gun leave you in the dust and shit lawlz".

razgriz 25th inf.
Galidor
Galidor

Postby Silverdream » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:29 pm

razgriz 25th inf. wrote:
Ham701 wrote:Based on what I've seen in this forum, only incometent trash/whiny bitches play airsoft.

Okay, here comes the LOLOLOL PAINTBALL ARE BETTAR BECUZ IT HURT AND SHIT AND IT GETS SHIT DIRTY AND SHIT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO- Look, Paintball guns, even the ones that are modeled to be like M4s have quite a few inconsistancies, are relatively expensive, relatively rare, and the market for such guns are very small. And trust me, a FUCKTON of people like to be realistic. How do I know? Because a fuckton of people play airsoft, buy real military gear for it, treat it like real combat, etc. This rarely happens in paintball, with the closet you can get are scenaro games, with the only fields I know that do them charge a shitton for ammo, and are not very immersive. And how could airsoft NOT get adrenaline pumping in the same way? At the same base its just combat, so in short both get adrenaline pumping. Oh, and by the way, that "tiny little plastic pellet" is going at 400 FPS and can actually embed itself in skin if not enough precautions are taken, such as a full face brassguard. BBs hurt like FUCK, and unlike paintballs where they break upon contact which break the velocity, these are solid pellets, which hit full force, and HURT MORE THAN PAINTBALLS. You can't put your false opinions and label them as "tottally tru factz"

If you want immersive, realistic, adrenaline pumping combat, why don't you put your plastic toys down and join the military, or at least a militia.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
kaka pants

Postby Cpl. Halan » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:56 pm

I'm just gonna jump in here and correct all the misconceptions about airsoft. First, most airsofters are generally very supportive and friendly. Second, airsoft BBs do sting a lot when you get shot from close range and welts are very common. Third, airsoft does get your adrenaline pumping since you are getting shot at. Fourth, not all airsofters treat airsoft as real combat, they simply treat it like a game.
That said, I have never played paintball so anything you said that you meant as a comparison to airsoft is something I can't judge. Also, I personally think airsoft is a great game so I might be a bit biased.
As a little comment on this whole argument, if you want to judge airsoft and paintball, you should play both games first.
Fire, Fire, burning bright
Burning down the house tonight

Heroism is not the ability to kick ass. It is the willingness to use this ability on any poor bastard who so much as looks at you funny.
Cpl. Halan
Dimmy

Postby OneEye589 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:04 pm

Either way, thinking that you're all badass and know stuff about combat for playing airsoft or paintball makes you look stupid. Who cares which is better? Maybe they're both different and have different pros and cons?

Good airsoft guns cost a ton more, but not as much upkeep. Paintball costs a lot to keep playing. You can do honor system with airsoft with trustworthy people, but even people who aren't trustworthy have a hard time hiding their face covered with paint. And both paintballs and BBs hurt, so that doesn't really matter.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby Ham701 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:15 pm

razgriz 25th inf. wrote:

Okay, here comes the LOLOLOL PAINTBALL ARE BETTAR BECUZ IT HURT AND SHIT AND IT GETS SHIT DIRTY AND SHIT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO- Look, Paintball guns, even the ones that are modeled to be like M4s have quite a few inconsistancies, are relatively expensive, relatively rare, and the market for such guns are very small. And trust me, a FUCKTON of people like to be realistic. How do I know? Because a fuckton of people play airsoft, buy real military gear for it, treat it like real combat, etc. This rarely happens in paintball, with the closet you can get are scenaro games, with the only fields I know that do them charge a shitton for ammo, and are not very immersive. And how could airsoft NOT get adrenaline pumping in the same way? At the same base its just combat, so in short both get adrenaline pumping. Oh, and by the way, that "tiny little plastic pellet" is going at 400 FPS and can actually embed itself in skin if not enough precautions are taken, such as a full face brassguard. BBs hurt like FUCK, and unlike paintballs where they break upon contact which break the velocity, these are solid pellets, which hit full force, and HURT MORE THAN PAINTBALLS. You can't put your false opinions and label them as "tottally tru factz"

How can opinions be false? :?
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.

Ham701
Galidor
Galidor

Postby Ross_Varn » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:16 pm

Ross_Varn
Blockguy

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion