I have a proposal

You know, whatever

Moderators: Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny, Blitzen

I have a proposal

Postby Ben-Jammin » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:06 pm

This may be more eligible for the lesser games thread, but Ross_Varn sparked my interest in this. I am wanting to host a Star Wars RPG on the forums of my own, but with a twist: using lego minifigures and dioramas to show the action in the game. I've already worked out some of the conversions, and if anyone is interested I would love to know.

If you wouldn't like to use Lego figs, I still have all of my Star Wars miniatures and would be willing to play using those and my Star Wars and D&D miniatures maps. If Lego, the campaign will probably be set during the Clone Wars, but if miniatures, it would probably be Dark Times/Rebellion era. If anyone is interested, let me know. I plan on running it a bit like a forum battle. There are only five spots, however, so if you're interested, post fast!

Thanks and look forward to hearing ya'lls opinions.
Ben-Jammin
My Little Pony

Postby enders_shadow » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:46 pm

wonderful. I'd love to do this, especially if there are lego figs involved. It would be an ongoing forum battle/campaign type thing. I think stats might have to be dumbed down a bit for ease, and so you don't have to do a bunch of stuff when doing the dio's and stuff. But yes, this is a great idea and I'd love a spot.

Ross, you should also consider adding pictures :D
TROLOLO
enders_shadow
Playmobil

Postby Ross_Varn » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:09 pm

I have considered it. There's this ASCII Draw program tha I've been wanting to try out- my recent turns have been a bit rushed, though. *shrugs* I'll incorporate it tomorrow night.

And, Ben? I am totally in on this. Shoot me a PM if you want me to help convert tables or something, I'm game.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby enders_shadow » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:24 pm

yay! mayhap you guys could just combine? we play the game in Ross' thread, then Ben takes it and makes it look good? that way the stream of cool pictures will be uninterrupted.
TROLOLO
enders_shadow
Playmobil

Postby Ben-Jammin » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:46 am

Alright, so I guess its lego. However, I won't be able to do Ross' roleplaying game because it is Old Republic, and I have practically nothing from that era. However I will be happy to start building dioramas and converting rules over, although I think we will still be using Saga Edition rules for characters etc.
Ben-Jammin
My Little Pony

Postby heavyfishcannon » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:26 pm

I think the plan could work. Any details?
"there are no bystanders in the battle for survival. anyone who will not fight by your side is an enemy you must crush"
heavyfishcannon
Cannon Fodder

Postby Ross_Varn » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:02 pm

Hm? Oh, no, Ben should do his own thing. I'll knock together some info and send it to you mate.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby Semaj Nagirrac » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:15 pm

I'd be interested.
Semaj Nagirrac
Dimmy

Postby Pwnerade » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:39 pm

Sign me up!
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.
Pwnerade
Playmobil

Postby Ben-Jammin » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:11 am

Alright. Thanks Ross, and I hope to have a playtest up soon. Probably will be posted in Forum Battles thread.

Player-Wise, so far I have:

6. Pwnerade
7. Semaj Nagirrac
8. enders_shadow (maybe-not sure whether you want in or not)
9. open
10. open

Will be using saga edition rules. If you can, I would love it if you guys made your own character sheets for me. If you can't don't sweat it, just give me abilities, backstory, and your preferred class like in Ross' thread and I'll fix up a character for you.
Ben-Jammin
My Little Pony

Postby enders_shadow » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:36 pm

Of course I want in :D .

I'll pm you everything, I'd have to look most of it up on the forums, don't feel like it now. I can, however, send you all the stuff Ross wanted, that's all I have and I can just use his pm.
TROLOLO
enders_shadow
Playmobil

Postby AlphaLurker » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:47 pm

sounds fun.
EXTERMINATE!
On a quest to destroy all organic life, since 1875.

My MocPages account:
http://mocpages.com/home.php/57591
AlphaLurker
Officer

Postby Ben-Jammin » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:18 pm

alright, so that's three confirmed players. Still need two more, although I could play them myself if you guys would prefer. I'll probably have it all ready by either monday or tuesday, and I'll try to get this thing rolling ASAP. I've had a ton of other crap roll up recently to waste my time but I'll do my best to get around it.

In the meantime, go ahead and post your character info here.
Ben-Jammin
My Little Pony

Postby AlphaLurker » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:24 pm

Where can I find the CS/rules for this?
EXTERMINATE!
On a quest to destroy all organic life, since 1875.

My MocPages account:
http://mocpages.com/home.php/57591
AlphaLurker
Officer

Postby heavyfishcannon » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:26 am

Ben-Jammin wrote:alright, so that's three confirmed players. Still need two more, although I could play them myself if you guys would prefer. I'll probably have it all ready by either monday or tuesday, and I'll try to get this thing rolling ASAP. I've had a ton of other crap roll up recently to waste my time but I'll do my best to get around it.

In the meantime, go ahead and post your character info here.

I'd like to try, but I don't have any of the rulebooks on hand. :? I would like to play a bounty hunter, with a liking of big guns and collecting the heads of his quarry for proof of the kill. I think he'd be best as a http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Trandoshan Trandoshan or a rodian
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rodian
"there are no bystanders in the battle for survival. anyone who will not fight by your side is an enemy you must crush"
heavyfishcannon
Cannon Fodder

Next

Return to General Discussion