I have a proposal

You know, whatever

Moderators: Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny, Blitzen

Postby Ben-Jammin » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:22 am

I'd like to try, but I don't have any of the rulebooks on hand. I would like to play a bounty hunter, with a liking of big guns and collecting the heads of his quarry for proof of the kill.


I'll add you if you wish, but you'll need to choose a specific class first:

1. Jedi
2. Noble
3. Scoundrel
4. Scout
5. Soldier

Since you want to be a bounty hunter, I would reccomend either a soldier (if you are the charge-in-blasters-blazing type) or the scoundrel (if you are a precise assassin). I'll probably make your character a rodian, since I don't have any lego trandoshan heads.

@AlphaLurker: If you want, you can simply provide me with your character's backstory, race, name and abilities and I can make a character for you.

Abilities are the six core attributes that determine pretty much everything about your character.

-Strength (Str) is a measure of your raw physical power. Important for soldiers and jedi (to a degree). Really useful if you want to focus on melee combat.
-Dexterity (Dex) is like a measure of your agility and hand/eye coordination. Useful for scoundrels and anyone who wants to be good in ranged combat.
-Constitution (Con) is like a measure of your health and durability. A good constitution will allow your character to have higher endurance and gives a bonus to hit points.
-Intelligence (Int) measures how smart you are and is good for characters who want a high array of skills.
-Wisdom (Wis) is important for jedi and the like. Bonuses to wisdom affect force-related rolls and some other things, I can't remember for certain.
-Charisma (Cha) is a measure of your character's popularity, attractiveness, and how well they get along with others. This also adds some force-related bonuses but is more imnportant for skills like deception, diplomacy, intimidation, etc...

All scores start at 8 (I think) which gives a -1 penalty. You do however have 25 points to spend to increase these abilities in any way you wish. Or, if you would prefer a simpler approach, just use the standard score package:

15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8
User avatar
Ben-Jammin
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1828
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:59 pm
Location: Not quite the middle of Appalachia

Postby heavyfishcannon » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:25 pm

Ben-Jammin wrote:
I'd like to try, but I don't have any of the rulebooks on hand. I would like to play a bounty hunter, with a liking of big guns and collecting the heads of his quarry for proof of the kill.


I'll add you if you wish, but you'll need to choose a specific class first:

1. Jedi
2. Noble
3. Scoundrel
4. Scout
5. Soldier

Since you want to be a bounty hunter, I would reccomend either a soldier (if you are the charge-in-blasters-blazing type) or the scoundrel (if you are a precise assassin). I'll probably make your character a rodian, since I don't have any lego trandoshan heads.


Yeah, I think Rodian would be best.
So, I'd say a rodian soldier, with the following attributes:
STR:14 So he can win in a fist fight
DEX:15 So he can shoot really well.
CON:13 So he can take a flew blasts to the face.
INT:10 Not very smart...
WIS:8 And he never took an intreast in the teachings of the wise.
CHA:12 So he can fast talk his way out of when he can't just kill the guy.

Backstory: During the clone wars, his family made some ties with the separatists, and at the end of the war was run off by a lynch mob/ Clone army combo. Having to live a life of poverty on Nal Hutta, The character (no name yet :oops: ) Soon took an affinity to guns and destruction, years of gang warfare suiting him just fine. eventually, he stowed away on a cargo ship and made a name for himself as a bounty hunting soldier of fortune. So far, he has had big missions, but he is looking for a big break...
"there are no bystanders in the battle for survival. anyone who will not fight by your side is an enemy you must crush"
User avatar
heavyfishcannon
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:17 pm
Location: On my roof, watching the world burn

Postby Ben-Jammin » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:26 am

Nice character. Okay, I think I just need one more player. So far the list is:

6. Pwnerade
7. Semaj Nagirrac
8. enders_shadow
9. heavyfishcannon
10. open

BTW Pwnerade and Semaj, I would like to get characters for you guys, if you can. Otherwise I can make characters for you if you want.
User avatar
Ben-Jammin
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1828
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:59 pm
Location: Not quite the middle of Appalachia

Postby enders_shadow » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:07 am

Wasn't Ross going to step in?
TROLOLO
enders_shadow
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1723
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:18 pm
Location: The logical answer would be

Postby Ross_Varn » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:24 am

Yeah, I thought I was? I'm in.
User avatar
Ross_Varn
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5651
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

Postby Semaj Nagirrac » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:14 pm

I'll get back to you on my character. My brother in law has a rulebook that I need to get my hands on like Bonn-o-Tron. I'll see if I can recruit him.

For now, I think i'd like to be a Jedi. I'll get my rolls to you later.
User avatar
Semaj Nagirrac
Dimmy
 
Posts: 610
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:38 pm
Location: In the mountains

Postby Semaj Nagirrac » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:36 pm

Scrath my last post.

Could you make my character? Human jedi, male, 20 years old, light side.
User avatar
Semaj Nagirrac
Dimmy
 
Posts: 610
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:38 pm
Location: In the mountains

Postby Ben-Jammin » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:17 pm

Alright Ross, I got you.

@ Semaj, don't worry, I'll get a character for you.
User avatar
Ben-Jammin
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1828
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:59 pm
Location: Not quite the middle of Appalachia

Postby Ben-Jammin » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:45 pm

@ HeavyFishCannon, I got your character sheet right here. I forgot racial modifiers, sorry. If we all agree to it, we don't have to use them, or I can re-work them into the game.

HeavyFishCannon
Medium Male Rodian Soldier 1
Force 5; Dark Side 1
Init: +2; Senses: Perception +4
Languages: Basic, Rodese
Defenses: Ref 16 (Flat-Footed 13), Fort 14, Will 10
Hp 31; Threshold 14
Speed: 6 Squares/inches
Melee: Unarmed +3 (1d4+2)
Melee: Knife +3 (1d4+2)
Ranged: Blaster Rifle +3 (3d8)
Base Atk: +1; Grp: +3
Special Actions: Devastating Attack
Abilities: Str 14, Dex 15, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 12
Talents: Devastating Attack
Feats: Armor Proficiency (light, medium). Weapon Proficiency (pistols, rifles, simple weapons)
Skills: Endurance +6, Perception +4, Mechanics +5, Climb +2, Initiative +2, Jump +2, Knowledge (tactics) +0, Pilot +2, Swim +2, Treat Injury -1, Use Computer +0
Possessions: Knife, Blaster Rifle, Basic Clothing, Utility belt w/medpac


Next characters will be posted soon.
User avatar
Ben-Jammin
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1828
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:59 pm
Location: Not quite the middle of Appalachia

Postby enders_shadow » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:15 pm

great. are you going to convert movement into studs? because I expect we're basing this off of your pictures, that might be a bit easier. Also, I'm playing a Jedi, so Ross, more support would be my suggestion.
TROLOLO
enders_shadow
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1723
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:18 pm
Location: The logical answer would be

Postby Ben-Jammin » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:08 pm

Actually are characters move in inches. In the miniatures game, each square is one inch, so I figured I would make it a little brikwarsy and make movement in inches. Also, IIRC, each inch is about 5 feet (or 1.5 meters or something like that) in game scale. So if you hear me say "the distance to the target is around 20 feet..." or something don't get confused and think it is across my room when it's really about 4 inches.
User avatar
Ben-Jammin
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1828
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:59 pm
Location: Not quite the middle of Appalachia

Postby heavyfishcannon » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:28 pm

Ben-Jammin wrote:@ HeavyFishCannon, I got your character sheet right here. I forgot racial modifiers, sorry. If we all agree to it, we don't have to use them, or I can re-work them into the game.

HeavyFishCannon
Medium Male Rodian Soldier 1
Force 5; Dark Side 1
Init: +2; Senses: Perception +4
Languages: Basic, Rodese
Defenses: Ref 16 (Flat-Footed 13), Fort 14, Will 10
Hp 31; Threshold 14
Speed: 6 Squares/inches
Melee: Unarmed +3 (1d4+2)
Melee: Knife +3 (1d4+2)
Ranged: Blaster Rifle +3 (3d8)
Base Atk: +1; Grp: +3
Special Actions: Devastating Attack
Abilities: Str 14, Dex 15, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 12
Talents: Devastating Attack
Feats: Armor Proficiency (light, medium). Weapon Proficiency (pistols, rifles, simple weapons)
Skills: Endurance +6, Perception +4, Mechanics +5, Climb +2, Initiative +2, Jump +2, Knowledge (tactics) +0, Pilot +2, Swim +2, Treat Injury -1, Use Computer +0
Possessions: Knife, Blaster Rifle, Basic Clothing, Utility belt w/medpac


Next characters will be posted soon.


Looks very good. 2 things:
1. I can take or leave the racial modifiers, as they tend to mean +1 on one thing, -2 on anothher thing, and just all around unimportant/
2. What is devastating attack? IT looks... intriguing :twisted:

Also, Do you think I may be too anti-heroish to be in a party of Jedi? I figured that bounty hunters would be more prevalent in an empire-era campaign. Maybe I'm doing bodyguard work?
"there are no bystanders in the battle for survival. anyone who will not fight by your side is an enemy you must crush"
User avatar
heavyfishcannon
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 330
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:17 pm
Location: On my roof, watching the world burn

Postby enders_shadow » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:32 pm

Ben-Jammin wrote:Actually are characters move in inches. In the miniatures game, each square is one inch, so I figured I would make it a little brikwarsy and make movement in inches. Also, IIRC, each inch is about 5 feet (or 1.5 meters or something like that) in game scale. So if you hear me say "the distance to the target is around 20 feet..." or something don't get confused and think it is across my room when it's really about 4 inches.


I know how tabletop rpgs work, I just think it would be easier to tell distance measuring by studs if we aren't there.
TROLOLO
enders_shadow
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1723
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:18 pm
Location: The logical answer would be

Postby Ross_Varn » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:59 pm

Sabe Finna, Female Human Noble, Level 1

Str: 8 -1
Dex: 12 +1
Con: 11 +0
Int: 14 +2
Wis: 12 +1
Cha: 16 +3

Force Points: 5

Melee: Unarmed -1(1d4-1)
Ranged: Blaster Pistol +1(3d6+1/2d6+1 Stun)

HP: 18, Threshold 11
Ref 14/13, Fort 11, Will 14
Base Attack: +0
Melee Attack: -1
Ranged Attack: +1
Speed: 6
Skills: Deception +8, Pilot +6, Perception +6, Treat Injury +6, Persuasion +8, Gather Information +8, Use the Force +8
Feats: Linguist, WP Pistols/Simple Weapons, Force Sensitivity
Languages: Basic, Bocce, Huttese, Rodese
Talents: Inspire Confidence
Gear: 200 Credits, Blaster Pistol, Concealed Holster, Combat Gloves, 2 Medpacs, Credit Chip, Basic Datapad

Sabe, a brash young human female who's attempting to be non-descript, skipped out on her father's perception of her place in his burgeoning sector of space when she came of age, two months ago, running with a hacked account of credits and a sense that she didn't... belong there. She's looking for adventure. There's a good bet that it will find her, instead.

Look good?
User avatar
Ross_Varn
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5651
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

Postby Ben-Jammin » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:19 am

Looking good to me Ross.

@heavyfishcannon: Racial mods for Rodians are +2 Dex, -2 Wis, and -2 Cha, so I figured you wouldn't want an abysmal wisdom and an even lower charisma, so I didn't add them. I also gave your character a dark side score of 1 so he could be more evil-ish like you wanted.

Devastating attack is the talent that I chose for your character. It allows you to dish out some extra damage with a weapon group that you are proficient with.

And BTW, we are playing in clone wars era, not Galactic Civil War.
User avatar
Ben-Jammin
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1828
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:59 pm
Location: Not quite the middle of Appalachia

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron