Allied Nations General Assembly Discussion Thread

You know, whatever

Moderators: Blitzen, Almighty Benny, Silent-sigfig

Re: Allied Nations General Assembly Discussion Thread

Postby Colette » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:55 am

Silverdream wrote:The Space Nazis are allying themselves with untermensch and a peach lead democracy against a German state?

Chancellor Angela: Auch diese Untermenschen und Pfirsiche sind besser als unser größter Feind von allen: die Juden! Sie behaupten, ein deutscher Staat sein, und doch, damit Sie die Gräueltaten der Bewahrung jüdischen Lebens, auch die Gewährung von ihnen Ehre und Macht! Sie sind der größte Feind des wahren Deutschen!
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
Colette
Catastrophe Magnet

Postby Silverdream » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:11 pm

Kaiser Klaus: Trattorians, Britannians, Americans, Scythians and now Space Nazis? Bavaria will crush all who dare oppose her. Though we are outnumbered we are never outmatched. Don't underestimate us! Whether it be time, space, or alternate realities, they mean nothing to us. We will fight to the last man, strapping landmines to our babies and strapping rockets to our elderly. There is no amount of empires that can hope to match the skill and fighting power of Bavaria and her friend, the TLA.  I am Klaus, the Kaiser of Bavaria and the last German emperor. I will show your people the meaning of despair and fear, your countrysides will be whitened with your skulls and your rivers will run red with your blood. The skies will be blackened with ash and your children will hide in sewers living off of rats. The Space Nazis will once again be humiliated, and I will accept nothing but unconditional surrender and fealty from each of you. Neu-AN, bring all you have.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k
Silverdream
Maximus, I'm Dying

Postby Kalvinator » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:49 am

Colette wrote:
Silverdream wrote:The Space Nazis are allying themselves with untermensch and a peach lead democracy against a German state?

Chancellor Angela: Auch diese Untermenschen und Pfirsiche sind besser als unser größter Feind von allen: die Juden! Sie behaupten, ein deutscher Staat sein, und doch, damit Sie die Gräueltaten der Bewahrung jüdischen Lebens, auch die Gewährung von ihnen Ehre und Macht! Sie sind der größte Feind des wahren Deutschen!

Cole I just translated that and...

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Postby Colette » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:56 am

Kalvinator wrote:
Colette wrote:

Cole I just translated that and...

Well they're Space Nazis, what did you expect? If Zipps were still around with the Al-Kind-Of...
Colette
Catastrophe Magnet

Postby Colette » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:42 pm

I am reactivating the Allied Nations General Assembly, with a few changes.

Secretariat:
Secretary-General: Mobfather Scratch, Police State of Venice
Under-Secretary-General: Comrade JAM, Army of JAM
Under-Secretary-General: Rand Paul, United Systems Alliance

There can be other USGs, but those two were explicitly appointed by Scratch.

Policy changes:
Every nation in the BrikVerse is still a member of the Allied Nations - this policy has not changed. However, several things surrounding this policy have changed.

I am removing the formal membership list - any nation in the BrikVerse can post in this thread, since every nation is a member. That being said, if it's not obvious that you're posting on an actual country's behalf, we will assume that you are ranting as a random drunk hobo who walked into the assembly. If you are posting on behalf of a bullshit country that kind of doesn't really exist except when you wanted it to five minutes ago, we'll assume you are ranting as a random drunk hobo who walked into the assembly who is also high on pot.

Although this means that every nation is still a member of the AN, it also makes it easier for people who just want to ignore the AN without contradicting this tenet, since there's nothing explicitly listing their involvement, only an implicit assumption. Also it holds more true to the principle of every nation being a member of the AN, since now AN membership is now no longer dependent on my updating the list and instead instantly comes into effect the moment the faction is created.

From a practical standpoint, I feel several meta purposes of the AN have been overriden by the wiki documentation project, which has removed the need for the LDD ANGA model, and the Big List of Countries, which can stand as its own recordkeeping document independent of the AN. This also means that I am no longer updating the LDD AN General Assembly, which means that the pictures will remain outdated (sorry Scratch). Of course, per the above, you're allowed to post and assumed to be a member even if you're not on the outdated assembly picture.

This also means that the Allied Nations Security Council will be deactivated as an active roleplaying thread (although it'll still exist in the background of the kanon, and the Veto Powers will be assumed to keep their positions). I am uncertain about the future of voting on resolutions, I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

The AN will become less active as a political entity and will better fit into its role as a completely neutral international forum. Furthermore, the AN is more returning to the previous role that it had before I started messing with it those fateful years ago, when it was more a background thing that kind of existed in the backstory.

tl;dr The AN General Assembly is now the default "general politics" discussion forum for any political or diplomatic or military affairs you want to post about.

To clarify inb4 haters: Although membership is a requirement, it entails options, not obligations. Being a member of the AN doesn't require you to do anything, it just means you have the option of doing stuff with the AN. Hypothetically, not being a member would mean that you don't have the right to participate in the AN, so it's actually more restrictive. So if you wanted to sit and do nothing with the AN, being a member just means that you have the right/option to do stuff with it later if you so choose. AN membership is just an automatic right/perk of being a BrikVerse country.
Colette
Catastrophe Magnet

Postby dilanski » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:05 pm

The Praetorian delegate would like to propose we hold an AN-TA war after party. We're willing to bring the Tequila, Chips and Dip, as long as everyone will start off with Tequila slammers, Trattorians exempt naturally.
ImageImageImage
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Subjugated Ireland

Allied Nations General Assembly: Food edition!

Postby Vami IV » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:35 pm

Emeria will supply the Tequila, and a ungodly amount of nachos. With beans and ground beef, of course
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Long range missiles and drone strikes? Son, I'm Semaj Nagirrac. 'Nuff said.

Overwatch died. Post this in your profile if you miss Overwatch.
Vami IV
the king of not respecting other people's stuff

Postby Duerer » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:38 pm

Tons of beer and other alcoholics, incoming!
Spoiler: show
Duerer
Lord Humungus

Postby dilanski » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:22 pm

OK, we've hired out Central Park on Moonhatten, and paid off all relevant enforcement agencies pre-emptively. Now, what bands do we book?
ImageImageImage
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Subjugated Ireland

Postby Duerer » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:30 pm

dilanski wrote:Now, what bands do we book?

Either some obscure Transsrbijan military bands or GWAR.
Duerer
Lord Humungus

Postby Scratch » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:32 pm

I vote we go for a three course act, first course being hard rock, second course being black metal, and the third course being a really cheesy 80's lounge act. Maybe some Baby Metal as a closer. Hell, the Mobfather could do an opening rap if needed.
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.

All you have to do is flatten his head.
Scratch
Reihawk

Postby Ham701 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:38 pm

I suggest the Knights in Samuels Service of the West Banking Coalition. When not fighting Peachistinians, they are a popular hard rock act.
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.

Ham701
Galidor
Galidor

Postby Vami IV » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:52 pm

Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Long range missiles and drone strikes? Son, I'm Semaj Nagirrac. 'Nuff said.

Vami IV

Postby Duerer » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:55 pm

Didn't we already mention, that our dear Prezydent is a very passionate guitar player and would like to join in?
Duerer
Lord Humungus

Postby Vami IV » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:06 pm

Idea: METAL DUEL

Terms and conditions:
The song will be Trogdor (Guitar Hero version, of course)
You have 24 hours to apply.

Vami IV

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion