You know, whatever

Moderators: Blitzen, Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny

Re: 420

Postby IVhorseman » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:39 pm

Oh man, what did I miss?

I managed to play two games of brikwars and a whole bunch of dwarf fortress last night!

We had a short battle of 5v5v5 over a bunch of boxes and stacked up things on my table. In the first battle my Holy Space Crusaders (Mandalorian armor mix-and-matched with space police and a few castle guys) secured the prized location of the Keif Shovel, which was a heroic weapon, embedded into a nug like excalibur. The Inquisition dropped off some reinforcements and a big size 2 machinegun with a gunner.

Rushing to meet them in glorious keify kombat, the White Knights of Dankness (a bunch of storm troopers, a ninja, a butcher I think) came in with a mercenary squad of two soldiers and a hero. They were there to take the keif shovel, and pack a fat bowl to smoke it, and there would be no stopping their bloodshed.

Right away they rushed in, but my machinegun was able to tear the hero to shreds with it's fire. Unfortunately, I did not target the bike, and when it crashed into the tower of giant skulls (an incense burner/ashtray), the tower collapsed and killed two of my defenders - a third of my team! Soon the mercenaries overwhelmed me, and though my hero (who'd survived the first game by using a scoped pistol/jetpack combination) and the other survivor (a space police 3 torso, grey ork armor, blue Mandalorian helmet with a scoped LMG w/ under-barrel grenade launcher) were incredibly well armed, they fell, and my gunner was heroicly beaten to death by the mercenary hero, as we all expected to happen. Things I learned:

*For maximum fun, start moving an out-of-control vehicle as soon as the pilot dies or the steering wheel is destroyed. Even if it's not that vehicle's turn, having it crash into something already in the way can have hilarious consequences. Even though both of the guys that got crushed hadn't moved or acted yet and it was still their turn, they were righteously struck down in the name of awesome.

*Just for clarity, a scoped (+1d6" range while aiming) autogun CAN use it's scope while firing at a single target, but we decided that using the scope while trying to make an arcing attack was a little silly. If you're using fingercones, you can't use a scope. Well, I guess you can put one on a shotgun, but only because it wouldn't actually help.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Zupponn » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:11 pm

Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby IVhorseman » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:16 pm

Bastard Shotguns do 1d8+1 damage, with a dropoff of one for every inch away the target is. Honestly, I don't even bother to check for range on a shotgun, since anything past about 5 inches away is totally pointless.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Bonn-o-Tron » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:22 pm

Unfortunately I moved home four days too soon, and missed 4/20 at Ottawa's Parliament Hill. According to my friends, there were 4000+ people gathered, openly smoking and not giving any fucks. Vancouver's 4/20 is supposed to be quite a spectacle.
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:
Bonn-o-Tron
Playmobil

Previous

Return to General Discussion