News from Wisconsin

You know, whatever

Moderators: Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny, Blitzen

Re: News from Wisconsin

Postby Tzan » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:29 pm

Zupponn wrote: The rest has been just a mix of ideas and trolling. :)

Tzan
Blockguy

Postby Blitzen » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:33 pm

Zupponn wrote:
Natalya wrote: Not what I meant. I mean that he doesn't appear to stand for anything. The stuff he thinks he stands for is all just ideas that he heard somewhere and decided to regurgitate onto the internet. He appears to lack empathy, compassion, and presence. No apparent self-reflection or critical thinking. Some people are just alive, not living.

Near the end of the first page I wrote a decently sized paragraph while replying to Blitzen where I tried to be as honest as possible about my thoughts. The rest has been just a mix of ideas and trolling. :)

Way to go. In addition to proving everyone's points, you have also misrepresented your own opinions. The fact that you list "ideas and trolling" with equal weight demonstrates how little you do think. And the worst part is, you think you've won. Here's a secret: you didn't win. Nobody did.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.
Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Postby Zupponn » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:50 pm

Blitzen wrote:
Zupponn wrote:
Natalya wrote: Not what I meant. I mean that he doesn't appear to stand for anything. The stuff he thinks he stands for is all just ideas that he heard somewhere and decided to regurgitate onto the internet. He appears to lack empathy, compassion, and presence. No apparent self-reflection or critical thinking. Some people are just alive, not living.

Near the end of the first page I wrote a decently sized paragraph while replying to Blitzen where I tried to be as honest as possible about my thoughts. The rest has been just a mix of ideas and trolling. :)

Way to go. In addition to proving everyone's points, you have also misrepresented your own opinions. The fact that you list "ideas and trolling" with equal weight demonstrates how little you do think. And the worst part is, you think you've won. Here's a secret: you didn't win. Nobody did.

The point of this thread was originally to get people mad, so I think I've been pretty successful in that. :P
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby Natalya » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:15 pm

No, we're not mad. Just disappointed.

▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.

Postby Arkbrik » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:31 am

Remus: Harry... I'm a werewolf.
Harry: Are you fucking serious?
Remus: Well yes, but I don't see how that applies here.
Arkbrik
Pooplord

Postby Silverdream » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:21 pm

Zupponn wrote:The point of this thread was originally to get people mad, so I think I've been pretty successful in that. :P

You're a terrible troll. Welcome to the Family.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
kaka pants

Postby Keldoclock » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:46 pm

Natalya wrote:This place is so fucked. I'm going to for real move to Canada later this year. I just haven't decided exactly when yet, but probably August or September.

May I interest you in my finest new product, the Silver-Proof RapeWhistle 9000?

On the topic of news: Yes, the BBC is the least biased of all the news networks that report about America. Why would you ever want to hear American news from a American source? Thats just opening yourself up to being subjected to the worst kind of political manipulation! (also obviously, don't trust the BBC when it comes to British news and to a lesser extent the Eurozone)

Politics: CPUSA is the only Party I trust!
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
Keldoclock
Pooplord

Postby Silverdream » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:07 pm

Keldoclock wrote:May I interest you in my finest new product, the Silver-Proof RapeWhistle 9000?

6. I'm a shut-in.
7. I don't actually snuggle people.
8. Natalya's at best a lesbian pure anglo-saxon, it's more likely that she has slavic or possibly turkic blood mixed in based on her facial structure. To risk making a homeschooled possibly racially inferior girl would be irresponsible of me, as my Nordic-Aboriginal bloodline must stay pure if my children are to be heirs of the world.
9. I'm a westerner, I live in the west. Natalya is known to routinely visit the east. Therefore she is more likely to live in the East where there aren't any lego stores(currently we have one near where I live) but more friends, people, people and possibly family. As much as I want to brikwar with Natalya, she most likely thinks I'm a (somewhat redeemable) creep. Therefore:
10. I don't honestly feel the need to burden others with my presence.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Silverdream
kaka pants

Postby Zupponn » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:34 am

That could be the most honest thing that I've ever seen Silverdream post.

Either that or he's trolling.
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby Natalya » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:47 am

I'm impressed that you guessed Slavic; you aren't far off. I'm actually half Latvian, which means I have a Baltic ethnicity. Your conception of a Nordic bloodline however is not an accepted identifiable ethnicity, at least not in this time period. Germany, Denmark, and the Scandinavian countries have Germanic languages, Russia and much of Eastern Europe have Slavic languages, and then Latvia and Lithuania are the lone Baltic survivors. Old Prussian was also a Baltic language and culture, but it died out in the 1500's from assimilation by Germanic people. The conflation of language and culture would also suggest a co-conflation of ethnicity and race, because linguistic and cultural assimilation leads to intermarriage and the erasing of older racial and ethnic differences.

Look at the marking on the AC's right shoulder:

Does that make sense now?
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya

Postby Ben-Jammin » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:19 am

I wonder what Anders Breivik would say about us discussing intermarriage, cultural assimilation, and various bloodlines...

Edit: 1000th post!
Ben-Jammin
My Little Pony

Postby Silverdream » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:07 pm

Natalya wrote:Your conception of a Nordic bloodline however is not an accepted identifiable ethnicity, at least not in this time period. Germany, Denmark, and the Scandinavian countries have Germanic languages,

But wait, it gets stupider.

My nordic blood is not from a Scandinavian Country, but a Nordic-Germanic-Celtic-Gaelic one. Scotland! The vast majority of my ancestors are Scottish, with the rest being English, Irish and Aboriginal.

Silverdream
kaka pants

Postby Robot Monkey » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:44 pm

My family comes from Germany and Norway, but I'm also half Irish. Which justifies my owning of a shillelagh.
Robot Monkey
Pooplord

Postby RunsWithLegos » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:08 pm

i'm dutch, scot, irish and english.
RunsWithLegos
Pooplord

Postby stubby » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:11 pm

Zupponn wrote:Near the end of the first page I wrote a decently sized paragraph while replying to Blitzen where I tried to be as honest as possible about my thoughts. The rest has been just a mix of ideas and trolling. :)

:dog: While some people may be disappointed, I feel that this is the correct sequence of events for any thread in danger of becoming serious business.
stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion