Meta BrikWars Topic

You know, whatever

Moderators: Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny, Blitzen

Re: Meta BrikWars Topic

Postby Tzan » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:24 am

IVhorseman wrote:
Natalya wrote:He is probably staying out of this intentionally to see where we end up on our own first.

He is probably drunk.

Because he is getting married to one of his girl fiends in Vegas.
Tzan
Blockguy

Postby samuelzz10 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:28 am

ForlornCreature wrote:I still do my animation thing, I'm on a big project at the moment that is slowing down my youtube channel, but when this project is done (hopefully in a couple months) I will be continuing with my (so far very successful) lego minecraft animations, hopefully raking in a decent following, but I would also like to use the brikwars universe as a setting to produce a regular series of comedic and/or violent shorts around a minute long each to both advertise brikwars and possibly serve as easy little in-between videos while I produce bigger projects.
They would be relatively small-scale, simple and focus on a particular scenario or character/creature of brikwars.

Possible topics might include:

-Terrorkahn
-Warhead
-Blokbots (Sloopofwar's forum battle a couple years ago was one of the factors that got me onto this website)
-Stubby and his banhammer
-A lego star wars battle scene that doesn't suck balls (something more Saving Private Ryan style needs to be made)
-Various factions including the VOL, Assyrians, Immortals etc. (possibly propaganda)
-Explanations of the brikwars universe (ABS, OT etc.)

I make stop motion too, and I would do all of this stuff but I don't feel like doing everything on my own. perhaps a collab is in order? BTW, my animations are here: (Some have really crappy voicing)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-j2gYXXIuU http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJZefUBKm4U&feature=youtu.be
Spoiler: show
my old sig

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby Silverdream » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:09 pm

Kalvinator wrote:Have we tried going on Reddit? There are a few Lego boards on there. If we could find the best of the best for Armies and forum battles, we could attract a decent crowd.

Reddit has been very apathetic about brikwars. There is an r/brikwars but there are only three subscribers. What we need is to either get new moderators or a new Subreddit that is not just based on brikwars but Lego violence.

mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
kaka pants

Postby Whiteagle » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:17 pm

ForlornCreature wrote:I still do my animation thing, I'm on a big project at the moment that is slowing down my youtube channel, but when this project is done (hopefully in a couple months) I will be continuing with my (so far very successful) lego minecraft animations, hopefully raking in a decent following, but I would also like to use the brikwars universe as a setting to produce a regular series of comedic and/or violent shorts around a minute long each to both advertise brikwars and possibly serve as easy little in-between videos while I produce bigger projects.
They would be relatively small-scale, simple and focus on a particular scenario or character/creature of brikwars.

Possible topics might include:

-Terrorkahn
-Warhead
-Blokbots (Sloopofwar's forum battle a couple years ago was one of the factors that got me onto this website)
-Stubby and his banhammer
-A lego star wars battle scene that doesn't suck balls (something more Saving Private Ryan style needs to be made)
-Various factions including the VOL, Assyrians, Immortals etc. (possibly propaganda)
-Explanations of the brikwars universe (ABS, OT etc.)

Well IVhorseman suggest starting with "the humble minifig"...

Thing is though, we are going to need some excellent narration to go along with the cinematography, I'm thinking something like the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy...
Whiteagle
Playmobil

Postby ForlornCreature » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:28 am

I was thinking less narration, more senseless, dialogue-free violence.
ForlornCreature
Jaw-Jaw

Location: Animating lego in a dark room someplace in the savage land of Australia

Postby samuelzz10 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:09 pm

ForlornCreature wrote:I was thinking less narration, more senseless, dialogue-free violence.
I though a long time ago, it would be really cool if all the rules (except for the most advanced ones) could be explained in videos over chapters, and I think a really funny video would be explaining the 2010 dice, such as the retarded d4.
my old sig

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby alphafalcon541 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:51 pm

I have about ten friends who I introduced to Brikwars and they are working on introducing brikwars to the bigger society. We are we working on a large project which includes videos explaining the rules more battle reports, more creations and all our youtube channels will now be used for brikwars stuff. About the all the swearing its Brikwars and it's been like this for years and even though I'm 13 its kind of normal. Its Brikwars for crying out loud. My friends don't want to join the forums though because they think that we'll just curse at their work and call it stupid which is not helping us, but they are willing to help. I also do animation for anyone who's interested.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
alphafalcon541
Dimmy

Postby Whiteagle » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:00 pm

ForlornCreature wrote:I was thinking less narration, more senseless, dialogue-free violence.

Ah but that wouldn't be Brikwars, that would just be another Lego Stop-motion Action fest.
Which is exactly why I think a sardonic narrator like the one for the Guide would be a perfect fit!
Whiteagle
Playmobil

Postby Silverdream » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:59 pm

alphafalcon541 wrote:I have about ten friends who I introduced to Brikwars and they are working on introducing brikwars to the bigger society. We are we working on a large project which includes videos explaining the rules more battle reports, more creations and all our youtube channels will now be used for brikwars stuff. About the all the swearing its Brikwars and it's been like this for years and even though I'm 13 its kind of normal. Its Brikwars for crying out loud. My friends don't want to join the forums though because they think that we'll just curse at their work and call it stupid which is not helping us, but they are willing to help. I also do animation for anyone who's interested.

:iconcur:

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Silverdream
kaka pants

Postby ForlornCreature » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:21 pm

Get us a good voice actor and pitch me a more detailed idea and I could do a pilot.

Also, my production values have gone up quite a bit recently, I have professional software and a good camera, started animating on an articulated tripod and have been animating for around four years. My next video will be the first to use the new camera for about 2/3 of the animation. I've set up a production process that involves writing, story boarding, animation that I edit together as I go and then additional editing for post-production effects. I think I can bring a pretty high level of quality in a video.
Last edited by ForlornCreature on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ForlornCreature
Jaw-Jaw

Location: Animating lego in a dark room someplace in the savage land of Australia

Postby Whiteagle » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:12 pm

ForlornCreature wrote:Get us a good voice actor and pitch me a more detailed idea and I could do a pilot.

That's the thing, I could MAYBE find a VA, but I've got no idea what I'm going to have him say...
Whiteagle
Playmobil

Postby Silverdream » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:06 am

ForlornCreature wrote:Get us a good voice actor.

I live in Vancouver, I can find you a good voice actor. It'd cost money though.

Silverdream
kaka pants

Postby sjosten » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:31 am

So, are we saying the future of BrikWars is animation or did we move off the main topic? I'm more than a bit confused.
Han Solo wrote: Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid.
sjosten
Minifig

Postby alphafalcon541 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:06 am

I am confused as well :?:
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
alphafalcon541
Dimmy

Postby Stormblessed » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:14 am

So, my experience of brikwars is that I discovered it many many years before I joined the forums (about 3-5) and then it moved in and out of my consciousness over the years. Eventually, this year I revisited it and now join this forum. However, I have only played one IRL forum battle, even though when I first heard about this game I wanted to play it. What I think about the future of brikwars (purposely not doing the 6,7,8 thing):

1. I feel that this forum isn't the most friendly forum ever. It's a blur between rules and anarchy which might drive some people away. That isn't a bad thing, just something to keep in mind. And it being pretty assholey at times might drive some people off.

2. This forum also isn't friendly to newbies. There should be some sort of post explaining the most basic of injokes, but maybe not all of them. Just so new people can enjoy them too. And, if possible, a page that details the AN-TA war and the Immortal Alliance whatever nonsense. It still confuses me at times and maybe a timeline of events and links to the forum battles or something. Its kind of a hard thing to jump into and you feel like you need to have been here for years just to understand the events of ago or see your own faction in someone else's forum battle. Not complaining about that because I haven't been a part of this forum long enough, but its that type of atmosphere that one must have been here for years to understand and really participate.

Note: This is late enough where I live that it might not be cohesive in places. Also, I only read the first page, because as I said, I am tired.

Edit One: I would like to state I feel my point number two is most important in that this forum has a very in-group-long term club-cultist-feel to it that new members won't get the plot lines (basic as they are) or there events or that kind of thing.

Edit Two: I removed point three after reading more pages. Now I am going to stop posting or editing and get to sleep.
|
Stormblessed
Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion