Have the knights met their match??

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

Have the knights met their match??

Postby RedRover » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:27 am

It seems their biggest foe may not be Jestro and his minions, but supply and demand.
RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Re: Have the knights met their match??

Postby Duerer » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:01 am

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016
Forum Champion 2016

Postby sahasrahla » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:26 am

meh. I'm ready for a new castle theme
sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Postby Captain-Camper » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:49 pm

I would like a more traditional castle theme
"Tallyho lads, snuggle the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers"
Captain-Camper
seriously?

Postby RedRover » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:12 pm

The last castle theme didn't sell well from what I heard. Then again, I just posted misinformation, so don't take my word for it
RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Postby sahasrahla » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:35 pm

what they really need is some castle with the draw of the old school stuff that matches with the castle collections people already have, but the excellent creative set design of some of these new nexo knights sets
sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Postby Zahru II » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:45 pm

Wow that whole thread was a mess. I'm not even sure why OP even bothered with a "my uncle works at lego" tier post (on a site that otherwise prohibits leaks and speculation).
I guess he's friends with blockmag (uk paper) and tried to plug it? Slow news week? AFOLs are still so mad about not being able to spend 80$ on "grey fence with gate #18392" that they try to bend reality with their anger?
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE
Zahru II
bog standard
bog standard

Postby RedRover » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:40 pm

Nexo has brought such amazing pieces and some pieces in awesome colors. I love the theme.
RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Postby sahasrahla » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:44 pm

this, though

i hate this
sahasrahla

Postby RedRover » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:53 pm

sahasrahla wrote:this, though

i hate this

Ehh, good army builder imo.
RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Postby Duerer » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:03 pm

Nexos are the shit! So many great weapon and armour pieces in that line. Plus, they have the best headquarters set in a good while.
Wish TLG would do some more of these twists to some classic themes while they're at it, something like cowboys or pirates in space, for example.
Duerer
Forum Champion 2016
Forum Champion 2016

Postby Quantumsurfer » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:05 pm

Castle is best when it moves away from generic medieval.  Nexo's aight but the fantasy castle stuff from a few years back has been the best.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby RedRover » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:13 pm

Quantumsurfer wrote:the fantasy castle stuff from a few years back has been the best.

Can lego just make some freaking yellow elves aside from the collectible minifigure series?!?!?
RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Postby Captain-Camper » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:12 pm

Oh the one's with the Warhammer rip off orcs! That series was indeed the best!
"Tallyho lads, snuggle the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers"
Captain-Camper
seriously?

Postby Quantumsurfer » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:13 am

RedRover wrote:Can lego just make some freaking yellow elves aside from the collectible minifigure series?!?!?

Word.  I mean, the LotR elves are nice but expensive.  And the whole Friends Elves line is bust ass.  But you know, not regfig.  I'd love to see another crack at Fantasy Castle with some more races.  I loved the Dwarves...be cool if they had legs that moved.

Captain-Camper wrote:Oh the one's with the Warhammer rip off orcs!

Yep.  Games Workshop, founded just before the turn of the century fifteen hundred, was originally a subsidiary of da Vinci Studios.  Moving up from Italy to Great Britain, GW was a game changer in the industry and really brought a lot of that original da Vinci innovation to the global market.  Perhaps their most valuable early contribution came in the form of "fantasy races," a wild imagining at the time that transformed humans into different kinds of vaguely humanoid monstrous crossbreeds.  It is, of course, from the fevered imaginings of these early works that "orks" and their ilk sprang and have endured to inspire the many thousands of incarnations we know today.  Several years after GW formed, two wargaming neckbeards had the funny thought of playing just one man in an army and roleplaying was born.  Their sad little derivation would later go on to inspire an army of neckbeards who would help spread the idea of "fantasy races" far and wide.  Many hundreds of years after all that, a small, virtually unknown Danish studio borrowed the concept and mold injected into into one of their cheap plastic toy lines.  As we can see, the concept surely has had its ups and downs.  Luckily, GW learned from their early enthusiasm and the mistakes it led them into.  Having been one of the first ever gaming studios, they had nearly five hundred years to dream up the idea of "Space."  This time, though, they were very careful to copyright their very specific and very original creation, the Space [Name Redacted].
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Next

Return to Bricks