Alkerian Antimatter facility WIP BATTLEFIELD!!!

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

Re: Alkerian Antimatter facility WIP BATTLEFIELD!!!

Postby sahasrahla » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:43 am

the details here are fantastic
sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Postby Hiremas Alkerith » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:51 am

Thanks! I'm hoping to keep the same (if not more) level of detail throughout the battlefield.
AnnoyedZebra wrote: why is the dork knights groin shiny?

Stubby wrote:It's a dork in shining armor. Really, if you're going to be a dork knight, the dork has to be the shiniest part.

Have a look at my current forum battle!
Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Postby Hiremas Alkerith » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:11 pm

I ran out of bricks (of the correct colour) and went on a scrapping spree, but unless I got rid of my favourite and in-use builds it just wasn't enough. So, I decided to do what any sane person would do. Buy a massive box of cheap ass stuff, and use it to pad everything out. I'm know 1,000 bricks up, and the battlefield's starting to boom. I'm going to post up pictures ASAP...

Stubby wrote:It's a dork in shining armor. Really, if you're going to be a dork knight, the dork has to be the shiniest part.

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Postby Cakeman » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:33 pm

That is exactly what any sane person should do. Looking forward to the pictures!

(Then you run out of space, and have to think about what to store/sell/get rid of to make room for new lego..)
Cakeman
Cannon Fodder

Re: Alkerian Antimatter facility WIP BATTLEFIELD!!! 9/7 UPDA

Postby Hiremas Alkerith » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:02 am

Sorry that took a while, I finally have the pictures!!

Here's the new and improved updated Overwatch. It can't quite fit in everything, but everything worth actually photographing's been included.

The landing pad (Sorry for the bad quality) has been closed in, except for the top, obviously. Other than that, nothing much has changed.

Sorry for the lack of details throughout the updated parts, I'm just trying to get the bare bones in first, before I add details..

This is the current (Unfinished) version of the bomb proof, bullet proof, nuke proof storage bunker with an unlockable gate for a door. I may rebuild this.

This will eventually be the control tower, and it's going to be pretty high. I actually rebuilt this, as the last version looked too much like a church. I'm still not fully happy with this, but once I add some greebling it should look a little less like a castle.

A peep inside shows detail=fuck all. Obviously this will change. So far there are three floors (The "roof" is a floor)

This bridge doesn't currently lead to anywhere, but I have plans.....  :twisted:

One of the sides of the tower. This thing is incredibly boring to look at at the minute.

Here's a crappy little cargo speeder I built. I'm probably just going to build another, bigger and better one later.

So...yeah. That's what's been going on. Likey? No likey? Suggestions?
Sorry everything's a bit bland, as I said before, I'm just trying to get the bare bones made up first, and THEN I can start adding details. Areas like the landing pad won't have quite as much detail as the actual factory, simply because you wouldn't realistically get as many there. BUT, I'll try and get a refuelling station, and things like that incorporated into it. The control tower will obviously be filled with computers etc.

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Postby Darthnox129 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:17 pm

Are you kidding? The tower might be lacking a little detail, but as you said, it's unfinished, and the rest of the battlefield looks awesome  :overwatch:

Can't wait to see the battles that will take place here.
Studs for the stud god, bricks for the brick throne.

Yeah, I play Tau in 40k. What? Of course I have friends, why would you think I didn't?

Darthnox129
Hero

Postby Darkstorm » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:03 pm

:<3:
The darkness is coming... Darkstorm will rise! Death to all who oppose us!
My Faction:Darkstorm Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness
Darkstorm
oh god

Postby Omega Prime » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:19 pm

Make the control tower the bunker. Honestly, your control tower is even more bunker-y than your bunker, so why not make that the bunker? Then, build a control tower on top of the bunker, so many things die when the bunker inevitably blows.  :studgod:
Captain-Camper wrote:Brikwars: efficiency is our specialty

Omega Prime
Officer

Postby Hiremas Alkerith » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:19 pm

Omega Prime wrote:Make the control tower the bunker. Honestly, your control tower is even more bunker-y than your bunker, so why not make that the bunker? Then, build a control tower on top of the bunker, so many things die when the bunker inevitably blows.  :studgod:

That is a fantastic idea. As you correctly guessed the whole place will blow up one way or another  :sparta:
Top Alkerian ossumtists are working on it now.

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Postby Omega Prime » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:20 pm

Hiremas Alkerith wrote:
Omega Prime wrote:Make the control tower the bunker. Honestly, your control tower is even more bunker-y than your bunker, so why not make that the bunker? Then, build a control tower on top of the bunker, so many things die when the bunker inevitably blows.  :studgod:

That is a fantastic idea. As you correctly guessed the whole place will blow up one way or another  :sparta:
Top Alkerian ossumtists are working on it now.

I await the explosions.
Captain-Camper wrote:Brikwars: efficiency is our specialty

Omega Prime
Officer

Postby Hiremas Alkerith » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:10 am

Sadly, I've ran into two walls at the same time  :wtc:
For one, I'm running low on parts, at least useful ones, and two, my god damn PC's broken.  :fist:  :fu:  :yuno:  :no:  :trap:  :Shinji:  :lmgtfy: (That's one metric fuck ton of smilies)
So.... yeah. I won't be updating for a while  :evil:

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Previous

Return to Bricks