Page 3 of 7

Re: Set/Theme Wishlist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:18 am
by Silverdream

Re: Set/Theme Wishlist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:50 am
by stubby
Silverdream wrote:The Assyrian Star Empire is one of the best built armies, and one of the most badass, but not THE most badass army on the forums.

Ice worlders have badass units but I haven't seen anybody build a badass overall army out of them.  Same is true for most of the examples you assed.  If you want to talk about armies rather than units, the Immortals are a better example - good mix of iconic characters, soldiers, and war machinery.

I doubt Lego would go for it though, I don't think sets like 10192 Space Skulls did very well.

Re: Set/Theme Wishlist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:22 am
by Tzan
I don't think they want 7+ factions.
Two maybe three would work.
They can't be fighting over anything thats vague like control of the universe.
It needs to be an object(s) that can be sold in plastic form.

Ninjago fighting over the magic weapons.
Those sea guys fighting over those rounded triangle things.
Rock miners fighting over those crystals.

Then when you pitch the idea, even if they never use it, they own it, ... forever ... ,,,

Re: Set/Theme Wishlist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:41 pm
by RoC77
I would like to see a post apoc theme. Where elitist living in a space station they escape to after a global catastrophe come back and try to reclaim earth but face hardened survivors instead. But that theme might be too dark...

Hmm... Ninja's vs Pirat... nm....

Ohh... Roman vs Egyptian sets would be pretty cool... You could switch the Egyptians for Gaul's or have all three groups.

Re: Set/Theme Wishlist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:35 pm
by Silverdream
RoC77 wrote:Ohh... Roman vs Egyptian sets would be pretty cool... You could switch the Egyptians for Gaul's or have all three groups.


Druids vs. Romans. You could have living trees and animals join the fight on the Druids' side.

Re: Set/Theme Wishlist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:16 pm
by Colette
Tzan wrote:I don't think they want 7+ factions.
Two maybe three would work.
They can't be fighting over anything thats vague like control of the universe.
It needs to be an object(s) that can be sold in plastic form.

Ninjago fighting over the magic weapons.
Those sea guys fighting over those rounded triangle things.
Rock miners fighting over those crystals.

Then when you pitch the idea, even if they never use it, they own it, ... forever ... ,,,


I was thinking Alien Conquest. There were no main characters and the humans were fighting to defend Earth.

Re: Set/Theme Wishlist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:42 pm
by IVhorseman
Actually I'm pretty surprised there's no school sets. I think a schoolbus set would actually be pretty awesome (make a little bus-stop with it), but I almost guarantee you they'd make it a short bus. This is hilarious.

Space Police was back. I'd love to see Blacktron 3 as a secret space-illuminati bad guy group. I've heard plenty of rumors about new space lines, and because of that I think blacktron should be the bad guys behind the bad guys, who pull the secret puppet-master's strings from the shadows.

I've always imagined that the glory days of Blacktron should be over, but very small and very powerful enclaves of Blacktron exist throughout the brikiverse, manipulating the weak and the corrupt.

Re: Set/Theme Wishlist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:34 pm
by Craigallot
Silverdream wrote:
RoC77 wrote:Ohh... Roman vs Egyptian sets would be pretty cool... You could switch the Egyptians for Gaul's or have all three groups.


Druids vs. Romans. You could have living trees and animals join the fight on the Druids' side.


Druids vs. Teutonic Knights.

Re: Set/Theme Wishlist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:46 pm
by Ben-Jammin
Bragallot wrote:Druids vs. Teutonic Knights.


PLEASE.

Re: Set/Theme Wishlist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:17 pm
by Zupponn
stubby wrote:I doubt Lego would go for it though, I don't think sets like 10192 Space Skulls did very well.

*Looks up 10192 Space Skulls*
Holy Fuck!
Image
Must get...

Re: Set/Theme Wishlist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:34 pm
by Strider
Zupponn wrote:
stubby wrote:I doubt Lego would go for it though, I don't think sets like 10192 Space Skulls did very well.

*Looks up 10192 Space Skulls*
Holy Fuck!
Image
Must get...


How did that not do well? I didn't even know it existed, but still

Re: Set/Theme Wishlist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:11 pm
by Predator
School sets as in American school or Clannad-I-would-totally-buy-every-frickin-set style?

Re: Set/Theme Wishlist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:00 pm
by Zahru II
Make a Columbine set in the spirit of Brikwars.

Re: Set/Theme Wishlist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:21 pm
by Nitewatchman
Zahru II wrote:Make a Columbine set in the spirit of Brikwars.

Oh, it could be a whole line! Virginia Tech could be an impulse buy, since, y'know, there was only one shooter.

Re: Set/Theme Wishlist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:45 pm
by Pwnerade
Zupponn wrote:
stubby wrote:I doubt Lego would go for it though, I don't think sets like 10192 Space Skulls did very well.

*Looks up 10192 Space Skulls*
Holy Fuck!
Image
Must get...

How did this not sell? Was it poorly promoted? If they bring this back and advertise it properly, they will surely make millions.