Awesome new Cuusoo project

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: ikensall, fredde, Dr. X

Awesome new Cuusoo project

Postby Battlegrinder » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:44 pm

As a huge steampunk geek, I've spent a fair amount of time hunting for steampunk Lego creations. Recent, I stumbled upon a new theme being designed on Cuusoo, Hyperborea. It's being designed by the same guy who made the Space Troopers theme (which sadly didn't make it out of review). Hyperborea is a very interesting theme, and I'm hoping it passes review. At the very least, the hardsuit instructions that are going to be released soon are probably going to be worth checking out. I'm definitely going to build a few infantry based on the soldiers from there.

You also might want to check out the Space Troopers theme, as it has some very cool vehicle designs that are worth examining (I'm planning on building one of the jeeps if I get the parts, and am studying the drop pod as I design my own, larger version).

"There's suspension of disbelief and then there's insulting my fucking intelligence"
Noah Antwiler
Battlegrinder
Jaw-Jaw

Re: Awesome new Cuusoo project

Postby Lord Mercat » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:34 am

I was half expecting this to be yet another lame, pointless, or overly complicated project that would never pass review, but then you said "that guy who made space troopers", so- after checking it out- this is actually, in all likelihood the coolest cuusoo project I've ever seen! While I can see this eventually reaching full support, I don't think this will pass review. From what's stubby's said before, Lego seems to literally have pretty much every idea ever already mapped out, so in all likelihood this will be too similar to another project that's in the vault ready to go, and won't get through to becoming an actual set. In any case, I voted for it, and I wish it success.
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:My hot wife and I were about to get a divorce until we saw your army. You have saved our marriage and won our allegiance.

Marriages Saved: 1
Lord Mercat
Minifig

Postby stubby » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:08 pm

Lord Mercat wrote:Lego seems to literally have pretty much every idea ever already mapped out, so in all likelihood this will be too similar to another project that's in the vault ready to go

stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia

Postby Battlegrinder » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:41 pm

stubby wrote:
Lord Mercat wrote:Lego seems to literally have pretty much every idea ever already mapped out, so in all likelihood this will be too similar to another project that's in the vault ready to go

hey, its still steampunk. I'd be happier if it was a a whole theme rather than a Master Builder Academy set, but its nice to get something (plus the set designs and stuff from the Cuusoo project).

"There's suspension of disbelief and then there's insulting my fucking intelligence"
Noah Antwiler
Battlegrinder
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Timedude » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:45 pm

-TheSnackist
AKA Timedude
AKA Your New Benefecent Ruler (Lesser Games Division)
stubby wrote:What the hell! Timedude is here??

:? Well all I can say is,
8) it's about . . . time . . .
:csi:
Timedude
Cannon Fodder

Postby Silverdream » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:18 pm

Woah that's nice, when did it come out?

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Return to Bricks