Epic licensing fail

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, fredde

Re: Epic licensing fail

Postby Tzan » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:35 pm

Silent-sigfig wrote:Except the black guy. He killed someone and is wearing their skin.

Hahaha! :D
Tzan
Pooplord

Postby Zupponn » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:39 pm

I saw that too, but didn't know exactly how to sy it. :D
Zupponn
No Lego part truly dies
No Lego part truly dies

Postby motorhead fan » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:48 pm

hahaah that made my day :D
You want those Rebels dead? You are a penis compared to how much I want those Rebels dead!
motorhead fan
Dimmy

Postby loafofcheese » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:40 am

Ashens reviewed one of these,and a terminator one as well, also by best lock.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNtzWbCgG2E
DeltaV wrote:Caw caw motherfucker.
loafofcheese
Cannon Fodder

Postby DeltaV » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:04 am

How the hell do the wings of the grey planeship thing not fall off. I mean, it's just a 1x2 plate thingy connecting the wing to the rest of the plane, and I doubt best-lock can produce bricks that stick together enough to prevent the wing from falling.
Brickwars: the only tabletop wargame that allows the units to have sexual intercourse with each other, produce offspring, and then use said offspring as Size 1 Explosives.
DeltaV
Officer

Postby Gungnir » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:54 am

They're probably glued on like Bonn-o-Tron.
Give a minifig an inch, and he'll murder for a mile.
Gungnir
Dimmy

Postby Battlegrinder » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:52 am

loafofcheese wrote:Ashens reviewed one of these,and a terminator one as well, also by best lock.

I'm not sure if that guy was being sarcastic when he said these sets were decent, or if he was on something.

DeltaV wrote:How the hell do the wings of the grey planeship thing not fall off. I mean, it's just a 1x2 plate thingy connecting the wing to the rest of the plane, and I doubt best-lock can produce bricks that stick together enough to prevent the wing from falling.

As someone who's had the poor judgement to own a fair number of best-lock sets, I can say that its not entirely beyond best-lock's ability to to build a set that won't fail apart (it's just mostly beyond their ability). Their parts get much better at sticking together as the number of connections between them rises, and best-lock plates stick together much better than their bricks do. So the glider and F-302 should hold together a little bit, but I doubt those pyramids will. One the plus side, I've heard that the best-lock stargate piece is actually pretty good (likely because its hard to screw up a one piece POOP, no matter how hard you try), so at least this entire line isn't a worthless exploitation of my teenage years.

"There's suspension of disbelief and then there's insulting my fucking intelligence"
Noah Antwiler
Battlegrinder
Cannon Fodder

Postby loafofcheese » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:48 pm

Battlegrinder wrote:
loafofcheese wrote:Ashens reviewed one of these,and a terminator one as well, also by best lock.

I'm not sure if that guy was being sarcastic when he said these sets were decent, or if he was on something.

Ashens is about as sarcastic as you get.
DeltaV wrote:Caw caw motherfucker.
loafofcheese
Cannon Fodder

Postby Gorthaff » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:00 am

Just one simple question. Are those figs supposed to be nude or what? They are totally pink save for the armor vests.
I couldn't come up with anything smart, original or funny, so <=THIS=> is what you get.
ENJOY IT!!!
Gorthaff
Nice Dubs

Postby Battlegrinder » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:14 pm

Gorthaff wrote:Just one simple question. Are those figs supposed to be nude or what? They are totally pink save for the armor vests.

No, they're not supposed to be nude. Best-lock is just terrible (and so is whoever gave them this license, but that's another story).

"There's suspension of disbelief and then there's insulting my fucking intelligence"
Noah Antwiler
Battlegrinder
Cannon Fodder

Previous

Return to Bricks