Changing over the Lego table...

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

morganm
Dimmy

Changing over the Lego table...

Post by morganm » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:55 pm

Spent the last few weeks cleaning off and organizing everything back into their respective drawers. Don't even want to count how many hours that took. Since I couldn't just do it all in a few days the kids would play in between my cleaning. Classic 2 steps forward 1 step back. They were onboard with the idea because every few months we change the Lego table over to a different theme. Girls were getting bored with the 'space age giant fighty tiny robot' theme and were excited to switch back to 'swords, sorcery, and awesome' theme. Their willingness to change didn't necessarily translate into any meaningful help in achieving this. =P

Last time we changed over I packed up the larger buildings like the village market, big pyramid, helms deep, etc. etc. The thought was "We can just pull them out and play!" Yeah... right... The boxes have been shuffled around so much that shit is all broke up. It's not a total loss but they all require extensive repair.

Its equal parts frustrating and interesting. You dump out a box of half assembled buildings, chunks of buildings, and loose pieces. Then figure out which goes to what, how things actually go together, and try to remember them.

Alright, break's over, back on your heads!

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Re: Changing over the Lego table...

Post by Zupponn » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:46 pm

Having half built buildings doesn't actually sound too bad. Of course, you're gonna have to do more work, but you get to rebuild a whole village. Maybe you'll come up with some sweet new ideas and shit.