Page 267 of 380

Re: The official LOOT topic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:10 pm
by dilanski
Kastrenzo wrote:I always thought it was the Welsh that were known for sheep shagging, but someone else told me it was the Scottish


The UK is basically composed the completely normal English in the centre, then as you move outwards it gets progressively worse. Scotland is a bit further out than Wales is from central England, so they have it worse off, while sheep shagging in Ireland and the channel islands is worse still. The Overseas Territories seem to be immune on the basis that even though they are barely more hospitable than Russia, they pass the time with the imminent threat of Invasion from Argentina, Spain and other countries who haven't discovered how to work a proper expeditionary force.

But really Welsh, Scottish, Irish. They all like their raw mutton. (This post is completely unbiased)

Re: The official LOOT topic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:13 am
by The Shadowscythe
dilanski wrote:
Kastrenzo wrote:I always thought it was the Welsh that were known for sheep shagging, but someone else told me it was the Scottish


The UK is basically composed the completely normal English in the centre, then as you move outwards it gets progressively worse. Scotland is a bit further out than Wales is from central England, so they have it worse off, while sheep shagging in Ireland and the channel islands is worse still. The Overseas Territories seem to be immune on the basis that even though they are barely more hospitable than Russia, they pass the time with the imminent threat of Invasion from Argentina, Spain and other countries who haven't discovered how to work a proper expeditionary force.

But really Welsh, Scottish, Irish. They all like their raw mutton. (This post is completely unbiased)


Well its a good job that I am from England and I only moved to wales for my university degree then, isn't it?

Re: The official LOOT topic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:40 am
by stubby
The Shadowscythe wrote:Well its a good job that I am from England and I only moved to wales for my university degree then, isn't it?

Right. It means you came to sheepfucking by choice, not just because it was the culture you were raised in.

Re: The official LOOT topic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:39 am
by The Shadowscythe
stubby wrote:
The Shadowscythe wrote:Well its a good job that I am from England and I only moved to wales for my university degree then, isn't it?

Right. It means you came to sheepfucking by choice, not just because it was the culture you were raised in.


I uuuuh -

- uuuuh -

. . .  

. . . fuck.

Re: The official LOOT topic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:44 pm
by Apollyon
Image

Got this for a project i have in mind involving some of my friends and their birthday present for me from earlier this year.
So mainly for the minifigs and parts. A bit expensive but... well whatever. Only i am a bit bummed that the parts that
looked so yellow on the box turned out to be golden/orange, duh.

Re: The official LOOT topic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:19 pm
by stubby
What the hell? You bought this set for the bricks? Those are just ornamentation to help sell what's important: the exquisite ten-piece collection of eight original paintings on genuine LEGO-brand flimsy cardstock!

Image

Re: The official LOOT topic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:42 pm
by Silverdream
Looks like Phil Foglio artwork.

Re: The official LOOT topic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:53 pm
by Insert_blank
Aren't a lot of these sets made with the crappy Chinese plastic?

Re: The official LOOT topic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:26 am
by Apollyon
stubby wrote:What the hell? You bought this set for the bricks? Those are just ornamentation to help sell what's important: the exquisite ten-piece collection of eight original paintings on genuine LEGO-brand flimsy cardstock!

Image


I am tempted to open the polybags to take a look at the other 6 original paintings you mentioned but that will dramatically diminish their value in coming years, right?
Somewhere i have got a pack of Ninjago cards as well.

Actually, if i ever come around to creating my own statcards for Brikwars i already have some perfectly sized cardboard pieces to glue them on. :-)

Re: The official LOOT topic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:40 am
by Zupponn
Picked this up the other day:
Image

I mainly got it for the some of the parts in it, but I decided to build it just to try it out and came away with mixed feelings.  First, I hate how the treads move around and get stuck on the rest of the vehicle, making driving it difficult.  I guess the intention was to have the spikes on the treads attack enemies, but it totally doesn't work as intended.  The vehicle was fun to put together though, so it's not completely bad.

Re: The official LOOT topic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:15 pm
by Insert_blank
If you bought it for parts why did you apply the stickers? :???:

Re: The official LOOT topic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:04 pm
by Gungnir
Just got this.
Image
Overall, it's a nice set. It's got a pretty cool sliding door on it. Though, there were a lot of stickers. I wouldn't have minded if they were printed, because the patterns actually look pretty cool.

Re: The official LOOT topic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:23 am
by Captain Rook
Zupponn wrote:Picked this up the other day:
Image

I mainly got it for the some of the parts in it, but I decided to build it just to try it out and came away with mixed feelings.  First, I hate how the treads move around and get stuck on the rest of the vehicle, making driving it difficult.  I guess the intention was to have the spikes on the treads attack enemies, but it totally doesn't work as intended.  The vehicle was fun to put together though, so it's not completely bad.


I love the crocodiles so I bought that. Then a friend got me one as a b-day present. Like you said, parts only.

Re: The official LOOT topic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:36 am
by Zupponn
Insert_blank wrote:If you bought it for parts why did you apply the stickers? :???:

It's not my pic, just grabbed the first one I found off of google.

Also, I've seen a display of the big Crocodile boat, and it's completely awesome looking.

Re: The official LOOT topic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:54 pm
by IVhorseman
Insert_blank wrote:If you bought it for parts why did you apply the stickers? :???:


I pretty much always put the stickers on out of habit.