Have the knights met their match??

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

AnnoyedZebra
Somebody make this Zebra's rank.

Re: Have the knights met their match??

Post by AnnoyedZebra » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:41 am

Captain-Camper wrote: Warhammer rip off orcs!
srsly? Yes because of course GW invented orcs and they function exactly the same in warhammer as they do in lego
Image Image

Captain-Camper
seriously?

Post by Captain-Camper » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:49 am

Im just saying the orcs from that series shared a lot of similarities with the Orcs from WHF.
"Tallyho lads, snuggle the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers"

sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Post by sahasrahla » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:15 am

but cuter

Venge
there are no brakes on the ban train

Post by Venge » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:58 am

RedRover wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:the fantasy castle stuff from a few years back has been the best.
Can lego just make some freaking yellow elves aside from the collectible minifigure series?!?!?
The next wave of the 2007 castle sets was supposed to have them before it got cancelled. :(
Formerly known as TheVengefulOne. Times banned by Natalya: 10 (+ 1 alt).

My BrikWars Stuff: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16684

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/150398410@N07/

Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science, History, and Literature Expert

Post by Brikguy0410 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:00 pm

sahasrahla wrote:what they really need is some castle with the draw of the old school stuff that matches with the castle collections people already have, but the excellent creative set design of some of these new nexo knights sets
yet more reason zarhu should become a set designer

TastySkippy123
is a spineless dice

Post by TastySkippy123 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:38 am

They need to bring back the Lotr line.

They never made Gondor soldiers, which tbh was so sucky. There are so many more sets they could have made. It seems they didn't make any sets from the battle of Pellenor fields for some reason. Must have something to do with TLG's anti war stance, that battle must be too "violent". Probably because of all the horses dying.

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:24 am

Based on my understanding, LotR - like with Indy and PotC . happened and will only ever happen again whenever there's a new movie for a product line to ride on its coattails. Sets of previous material are usually fodder before the next/latest movie's out - in that case those were the Hobbit films.

Furthermore, it would entice the same moaning as it did during its original debut - AFOLs also saw the death and doom of castle with LotR's advent just as much as they are with Nexos present: drawing parallels with Space and how it is quasi-nonexistent in the shadow of SW plus whining how they'll now also have to pay the license tax now, etc, etc.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Post by sahasrahla » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:32 am

basically AFOLs will complain no matter what lego does

Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science, History, and Literature Expert

Post by Brikguy0410 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:28 am

TheVengefulOne wrote:
RedRover wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:the fantasy castle stuff from a few years back has been the best.
Can lego just make some freaking yellow elves aside from the collectible minifigure series?!?!?
The next wave of the 2007 castle sets was supposed to have them before it got cancelled. :(
yea mike talked about it on his blog. (apparently he was involved with lego castle- no surprise really.)

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:12 am

Captain-Camper wrote:Im just saying the orcs from that series shared a lot of similarities with the Orcs from WHF.
Nah. They weren't even called orcs, they were trolls or something (because Lego is Danish and Danes love trolls). If anything, they had a lot more in common with D&D or Tolkien orcs than with GW orcs.

Now the Mega Bloks orcs, those guys were straight-up GW orcs.

I worked on the 2007 Castle line with the skeletons, not the 2008 line with the orcs, so I can't take credit for those. I did include some orc examples when I was putting together the pitch for the collectible Minifigures line that looked a lot like the orcs eventually used in 2008 Castle, but the fantasy lineup I was presenting was based on D&D/Tolkien stuff rather than anything GW. On the other hand, we did reference the poplarity of WoW in the pitch (which at the time was way more popular than either D&D or Tolkien), so that may have factored in to whatever happened to the idea as it got developed further down the line.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Zahru II

Post by Zahru II » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:18 am

because Lego is Danish and Danes love trolls
Being part of Nordic folklore also offers a relatively IP-free pass. Agreed on the influences, part of the draw for getting into FE for me when it was new was basically "I can have warcraft lego now".

I don't think it was axed, the line ran its usual 3-year course. The only hint towards elves was on one map as decoration AFAIK, which of course got people fired up (and was taken for granted) .
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:52 am

Unfortunately I think yellow elves in a line are not coming anytime soon.

Captain-Camper
seriously?

Post by Captain-Camper » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:28 pm

stubby wrote:
Captain-Camper wrote:Im just saying the orcs from that series shared a lot of similarities with the Orcs from WHF.
Nah. They weren't even called orcs, they were trolls or something (because Lego is Danish and Danes love trolls). If anything, they had a lot more in common with D&D or Tolkien orcs than with GW orcs.

Now the Mega Bloks orcs, those guys were straight-up GW orcs.

I worked on the 2007 Castle line with the skeletons, not the 2008 line with the orcs, so I can't take credit for those. I did include some orc examples when I was putting together the pitch for the collectible Minifigures line that looked a lot like the orcs eventually used in 2008 Castle, but the fantasy lineup I was presenting was based on D&D/Tolkien stuff rather than anything GW. On the other hand, we did reference the poplarity of WoW in the pitch (which at the time was way more popular than either D&D or Tolkien), so that may have factored in to whatever happened to the idea as it got developed further down the line.
Really interesting! I find the creative design process the you talk about on your blog to be really fascinating! Man if I could go back in time I would try to get more of the 2008 line. Yeah the Warcraft universe draws heavily from Warhammer inparticular the comedic aspect of the orcs!
"Tallyho lads, snuggle the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers"

sahasrahla

Post by sahasrahla » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:36 pm

also super bummed that i missed out on that generation of castle

Maraxous
Juggaloaf
Juggaloaf

Post by Maraxous » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:53 pm

I missed the troll line and the knights set with Santos and Jayco. The nexus are really cool though. The large amounts of blue kind of sucks, but the sets are great IMO. The mixing of tech and magic is something I love.