GENERIC themes you want to see!

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: fredde, Dr. X, ikensall

Re: GENERIC themes you want to see!

Postby stubby » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:00 am

TheVengefulOne wrote:But they're always portrayed in an urban or nonviolent role, never as gunships or anything, kinda like how 90% of action heroes are male. I wanna see an attack helicopter set. Also, does anyone know if we've gotten a fabulous minifig yet?

Back when I was in concept lab a million years ago we pitched an all-helicopters theme, but it got rejected.

The first fabulous figure I can remember was in 1998. Note the double male symbol on his chest:

But there have been others:

Image Image Image
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?
stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Postby dilanski » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:26 pm

stubby wrote:Back when I was in concept lab a million years ago we pitched an all-helicopters theme, but it got rejected.

The first fabulous figure I can remember was in 1998. Note the double male symbol on his chest:

But there have been others:

Do you know if the 2012 olympic figures series was based upon actual athletes? I have a theory that the swimmer is Tom Daley, in which case that figure can be added to the ass.

I'd actually buy a boxset of fabulous historical figures. An Alan Turing figure alone would be worth the cost and inevitable diatribes from the right.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Postby Tzan » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:14 pm

stubby wrote:Image

That guy is

Maximus Renegade Star Soldier
" I never forget a kid ! "
Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Postby Brikguy0410 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:06 pm

stubby wrote: Ninjago is EXO-FORCE II

the theme that gave us anime hair and mechas? hell yea! (and also ended on a cliffhanger god fucking dammit lego  :fist:)
also to go back to the original post, I agree a new fantasy theme would be cool, I remember reading on mike's blog that they had plans for elves in the old castle from the mid 2000s  but it got canceled before they could get that idea off the ground.
Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science, History, and Literature Expert

Postby Bolicob12 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:36 pm

Brikguy0410 wrote:I agree a new fantasy theme would be cool, I remember reading on mike's blog that they had plans for elves in the old castle from the mid 2000s  but it got canceled before they could get that idea off the ground.

I remember as a kid seeing the Elves teased in the Lego Club Magazine and being so excited for them to come out. Needless to say i was pretty sad when it didn't happen. Fantasy Era is my favorite theme of all time so far, so I would defiantly want another theme like it. Though I personally don't mind to much if it has characters or not, I just want that Fantasy Aesthetic, especially if it was more Video Game inspired (World of Warcraft. etc.). LOtR sets weren't that bad, but I like the more stylized style of the Fantasy Era theme.

Power Miners and Exo-Force are tied for second favorite theme(s), so something like those would be pretty cool too.
Image Bolicob Image
Bolicob12
Battlefield General

Previous

Return to Bricks