Alkerian Antimatter facility WIP BATTLEFIELD!!!

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Re: Alkerian Antimatter facility WIP BATTLEFIELD!!!

Post by Hiremas Alkerith » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:47 am

OK, sorry it's taken a while. I've had camera problems, and this model was very nearly scrapped while I was away. Thing have changed a little since you last saw it....

For one thing, you now have a rough idea of the scale of this thing. I'm planning on going much bigger if possible, and of course I'm going to add details in.

This is the southern entrance, the largest of the facility. It's used by most of the vehicles, and is large enough to allow a HALO class tank to enter. It expands out into the larger hanger/landing area, which is used by ships and vehicles which are too large to use the smaller cargo landing pad near the production line.

This, is the science lab, where they are currently experimenting on growing crops on this planet, and also refining the Alkerian technique of mass producing antimatter. To aid security and to test out some fairly modern equipment, there's no door into the science lab. Instead, people enter and leave via a teleporter, which is usually controlled by whoever is in the lab, but high ranking officials such as Hiremas Alkerith can gain access remotely.

The wall panel slides open, to reveal a scaled down particle accelerator. It looks a bit unusual, but this thing wasn't designed to look good.

The teleporter in use

The Eastern entrance itself hasn't changed much at all, but inside however, it's a sorry sight.

A whole section. A WHOLE SECTION I was unable to salvage. Don't worry though folks, I will rebuild this, in this life or the next.

This is the quite weird looking control tower that I've got going on at the minute. I also raised the height of the bunker slightly.

The Northern entrance is used by infantry and so on. Look familiar? This is the standard Alkerian Base gateway design, they use 'em everywhere.

A fairly decentish shot of the HALO entering through the southern entrance.

It can then park up in the larger hanger area with ease.

This empty section is where I'm thinking of building some living quarters, and if I have some room left over I'll come up with something else..

Likey? No likey? Oh, and in case you were wondering, there's a reason that a huge section of the wall is red, and it isn't just because I didn't have enough parts...
AnnoyedZebra wrote: why is the dork knights groin shiny?
Stubby wrote:It's a dork in shining armor. Really, if you're going to be a dork knight, the dork has to be the shiniest part.

DayBoost_
Hero

Post by DayBoost_ » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:33 am

This is frickin amazing I can't wait to see the finished project, and if this is gonna be a forum battle I call dibs on a faction and I love how there is a rich history to every section and area :excellent:

Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Post by Omega Prime » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:10 pm

Once again, you gotta make sure to fill the bunker with explosives. Who needs logic when you can have :studgod: , amirite?
gotta love knitting needles. i can make you a scarf. i can make a hat. i can stab your eyes out. i can make mittens.

What was that middle part again?

i can make a hat

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Post by Hiremas Alkerith » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:56 am

Omega Prime wrote:Once again, you gotta make sure to fill the bunker with explosives. Who needs logic when you can have :studgod: , amirite?
The bunker is going to be filled with antimatter canisters, and if you take off the safety caps or just straight up blow them out of the sky they'll go off with about a trillion times more force than a nuclear bomb each, so the explosions will be pretty insane. That's going to be one of the objectives of the Alkerians: to stop their facility from exploding... :studgod:
AnnoyedZebra wrote: why is the dork knights groin shiny?
Stubby wrote:It's a dork in shining armor. Really, if you're going to be a dork knight, the dork has to be the shiniest part.