Av4l4nChE's Creations

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

Av4l4nChE
Hero

Re: Av4l4nChE's Creations

Post by Av4l4nChE » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:17 pm

If only. Back then, I hadn't sorted my spare bricks, so I used to unbuild my sets to make MOCs (still do, sometimes ). I like to display my sets as well as build with them, so I don't keep creations up for more than a few months, at most.
"Think of yourselves as fingers on a hand. Alone, you're formidable. Together, you're invincible."
-Kal Skirata

Av4l4nChE
Hero

Post by Av4l4nChE » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:21 pm

I post this with sadness. I had built this whole thing in the hopes of hosting my first Forum Battle with you all, but then college happened, and I have very little time for much.

This whole thing was meant to have three factions: the Space Pirates, the Commandos, and the Tree-huggers.

The space pirates were assaulting the commando base in an attempt to rescue their captain, who is currently imprisoned in cryo-stasis in the heart of the commando fortress.

The commandos' objective was to survive the assault.

The Tree-huggers were there to cause chaos and be general buttholes.

Pics:

An Overwatch of the whole scene. In the bay is the Space Pirates' ship. The grove on the bottom left would have been the spawn for the Tree Huggers, and the base on the right is rather obvious.

More views of the Space Pirate Ship.

A front view of the base, with gate. I love making long walls with gates. This was one of my faves to make.

The main building in the compound, with mortar emplacements on the removable roof section.

The interior of the building. Computer banks on the left side. Cryo prison pod for the Space Pirate Captain on the top right. Bottom right was going to be an armory, complete with a dope helmet-holding table that was going to get like ten pictures' worth of airtime.

The Commandos' mech and surrounding scaffolding. Also, I made a tiny little transport skiff. Because I felt the need to make a tiny little transport skiff. I'm sure you all know the feeling. The Tiny Transport Skiff Feeling. It's hard to ignore.

A slightly better perspective of the mech. In case no one spotted this, the mech is actually a modified Power Miners Mine Mech. Looks a little bit better than the original, I'd say.

I decided to make this dope reactor thing later down the line. I've never tried anything like it before, but I think it turned out pretty well. I was having an awesome time imagining one of you guys' heroes Sparta-kicking another hero down the hatch into the burning flames, but alas, it's not to be. I was also going to connect the generator to different power systems throughout the base, and maybe have an underground mini area, where players could sabotage the reactor.

On the plus side, maybe someday, I'll be able to recreate this, so we can play it. Good thing I took pictures!
"Think of yourselves as fingers on a hand. Alone, you're formidable. Together, you're invincible."
-Kal Skirata

sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Post by sahasrahla » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:47 pm

shit dude, that would have been an awesome battle

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:03 pm

Looks amazing!

Av4l4nChE
Hero

Post by Av4l4nChE » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:42 pm

Many thanks!
-Kal Skirata

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:54 pm

The pirate ship looks awesome!

Venge
there are no brakes on the ban train

Post by Venge » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:39 pm

This stuff is fuckin' sick, I love that mech and that ship. Maybe if you don't have time for a battle we could still get an armory post?
Formerly known as TheVengefulOne. Times banned by Natalya: 10 (+ 1 alt).

My BrikWars Stuff: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16684

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/150398410@N07/

Av4l4nChE
Hero

Post by Av4l4nChE » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:38 am

TheVengefulOne wrote:This stuff is fuckin' sick, I love that mech and that ship. Maybe if you don't have time for a battle we could still get an armory post?
Hey, good idea! Unfortunately I have taken it all apart, but if I have time, I will rebuild it and do just that. Good idea for future creations, too. :D
-Kal Skirata

Av4l4nChE
Hero

Post by Av4l4nChE » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:12 pm

It has indeed been a long time, my guys! But finally I have escaped from the clutches of college for a brief week of spring break. Since I haven't had much time to spend, I've only managed to do one noteworthy build since term started. But what a build!
Basically it's a dungeon crawl. I was inspired by good ole Dark Souls and decided to do a Lego dungeon crawl combined with some D&D-esque rules for my sisters and two good friends. Each "room" is able to fir together to form one massive dungeon. The moral of this story: I have WAY more fantasy-themed minfigs pieces than I thought.
First, I might as well show off the classes they were able to choose.
The wizard. He can do magic stuff. Because he's a wizard. Or she.
The Silent Knight. Directly inspired by the Peacekeeper class in For Honor (my new jam). Stealthy things are belong to him/her.
The Scholar. Low attack, but the ability to lower enemy defenses and find hidden areas and chests in the world.
The Hunter. Ranged attacks plus the ability to lay down bear traps.
The Ninja Healer. Because that's a thing. Powers seem pretty self-explanatory.
The Pirate. Able to throw bombs or some other pirate-y stuff.
The Healzerker. Can heal teammates on every enemy brutally slaughtered.
The Assassin. Moar stealth, but now with grappling hook!

As you may have noticed, the classes were very haphazardly put together. The game was focused less on rules and more on having fun, so the entire thing ended up in one massive fudgefest, but we had a great time.

Anyway, on to the world...

The first plate. There were some skellies in graves (not pictured) but not much besides. Mainly there to set the mood.
Plate 2. A further continuation of Plate 1. More skellies, but now with the ability to branch off in different directions, if the players so chose.
A hut branching off of the main path. There are moar skellies, and a grubby basement...
The grubby basement, filled with goblins, and a mysterious key...
An abandoned mine greets the group if they branch off the road in the other direction. Orcs lie in wait, there, and a mysterious knight lying in sleep, waiting to be aroused by the travelers. Fun fact: the knight is a direct hybrid of the Conqueror class in For Honor in looks, and Siegfried of Catarina from DS2 in personality. Or is it Siegward? I honestly can't remember. They all blend, and they're all awesome.
Inside the mine. There are lots more orcs, and a terrifying creature with a crab hand and a chest strapped to its back. Inside is yet another mysterious key...
If the group follows the path like they're SUPPOSED TO, they will encounter the entrance of the dungeon. A group of bandits is camped in front of the entrance, needing a good killing.
The first room of the dungeon. First off is a small relic room filled with treasures and various artifacts. Next up is a long hallway filled with Indiana Jones-esque pokey spear floor stuff. Finally, in the last room, a long-forgotten king slumps on his throne, holding a THIRD KEY! Marvelous!
Next, a mysterious door greets them. A door with THREE KEYHOLES! Who would have guessed? (thankfully, they didn't get the keys in the order I showed. They actually had to run all the way back, discover the mine, and get the key, then run all the way back to the doorway) A mysterious assassin with a vendetta against the Scholar takes a whack at killing her.
After dealing with that slicey boi, the group finally discovers the purpose of the keys, and unlocks the door.
The door opens, revealing the throne room, filled with the undead, and the master of these halls, the Gravelord. Can the heroes defeat the undead menace? (Spoilers: they do. The actual battle was insane, but alas, no pics were taken. Sorry, brethren.)
There was also this huge spider in the throne room. He appeared at the same time as the group through a crack in the ceiling, but wasn't necessarily aligned against them, a massive three-way battle was joined. In fact, there ended up being a Cerberus and a giant rock monster in the picture as well, but again. No pics.
An Overall shot, barring Plate 2 and the hut.

Anyway, that's it for now, my guys! I'm working on something now, during spring break, but it's not coming along that great. It'll be a while before it's ready for posting.
-Kal Skirata

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:26 pm

Looks like a really fun game! That final battle sounds like it was some crazy stuff

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Post by ninja_bait » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:11 pm

Really cool dungeon crawl! It must be a lot of fun to reveal the sections as the party progresses.
Av4l4nChE wrote:...slicey boi...
He slice
He dice
But most importantly...
He slice
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.

Av4l4nChE
Hero

Post by Av4l4nChE » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:24 pm

Arkbrik wrote:Looks like a really fun game! That final battle sounds like it was some crazy stuff
For sure. Funnily enough, I had never experienced a battle in which there were more than two sides fighting. It was really awesome to see how they all interacted.
-Kal Skirata

Av4l4nChE
Hero

Post by Av4l4nChE » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:25 pm

ninja_bait wrote:Really cool dungeon crawl! It must be a lot of fun to reveal the sections as the party progresses.
Av4l4nChE wrote:...slicey boi...
He slice
He dice
But most importantly...
He slice
That was honestly the best part. I had no clue how much they would enjoy it, but each new room I unveiled unleashed a hype storm of titanic proportions.
-Kal Skirata

sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Post by sahasrahla » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:31 pm

that is awesome. I'm thinking next time i run a d&d game, I'll try building the dungeons out of lego

Av4l4nChE
Hero

Post by Av4l4nChE » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:51 pm

sahasrahla wrote:that is awesome. I'm thinking next time i run a d&d game, I'll try building the dungeons out of lego
Let me know how it turns out! I had thought about it several times, but when I run games, I try to make it as open to player choice as possible, and when my bros play, they take advantage of that as much as possible (though not it a bad way). I had never done it because of the sheer amount of spontaneous encounters or locations or items or what have you. Building for each and every possibility seems like a pretty strenuous task, so I had never attempted it. Best of luck!
-Kal Skirata