Av4l4nChE's Creations

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

Re: Av4l4nChE's Creations

Postby Av4l4nChE » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:17 pm

If only. Back then, I hadn't sorted my spare bricks, so I used to unbuild my sets to make MOCs (still do, sometimes ). I like to display my sets as well as build with them, so I don't keep creations up for more than a few months, at most.
"Think of yourselves as fingers on a hand. Alone, you're formidable. Together, you're invincible."
-Kal Skirata

Av4l4nChE
Hero

Postby Av4l4nChE » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:21 pm

I post this with sadness. I had built this whole thing in the hopes of hosting my first Forum Battle with you all, but then college happened, and I have very little time for much.

This whole thing was meant to have three factions: the Space Pirates, the Commandos, and the Tree-huggers.

The space pirates were assaulting the commando base in an attempt to rescue their captain, who is currently imprisoned in cryo-stasis in the heart of the commando fortress.

The commandos' objective was to survive the assault.

The Tree-huggers were there to cause chaos and be general buttholes.

Pics:

An Overwatch of the whole scene. In the bay is the Space Pirates' ship. The grove on the bottom left would have been the spawn for the Tree Huggers, and the base on the right is rather obvious.

More views of the Space Pirate Ship.

A front view of the base, with gate. I love making long walls with gates. This was one of my faves to make.

The main building in the compound, with mortar emplacements on the removable roof section.

The interior of the building. Computer banks on the left side. Cryo prison pod for the Space Pirate Captain on the top right. Bottom right was going to be an armory, complete with a dope helmet-holding table that was going to get like ten pictures' worth of airtime.

The Commandos' mech and surrounding scaffolding. Also, I made a tiny little transport skiff. Because I felt the need to make a tiny little transport skiff. I'm sure you all know the feeling. The Tiny Transport Skiff Feeling. It's hard to ignore.

A slightly better perspective of the mech. In case no one spotted this, the mech is actually a modified Power Miners Mine Mech. Looks a little bit better than the original, I'd say.

I decided to make this dope reactor thing later down the line. I've never tried anything like it before, but I think it turned out pretty well. I was having an awesome time imagining one of you guys' heroes Sparta-kicking another hero down the hatch into the burning flames, but alas, it's not to be. I was also going to connect the generator to different power systems throughout the base, and maybe have an underground mini area, where players could sabotage the reactor.

On the plus side, maybe someday, I'll be able to recreate this, so we can play it. Good thing I took pictures!
"Think of yourselves as fingers on a hand. Alone, you're formidable. Together, you're invincible."
-Kal Skirata

Av4l4nChE
Hero

Postby sahasrahla » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:47 pm

shit dude, that would have been an awesome battle
sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Postby Tzan » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:03 pm

Looks amazing!
Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Postby Av4l4nChE » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:42 pm

Many thanks!
-Kal Skirata

Av4l4nChE
Hero

Postby Zupponn » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:54 pm

The pirate ship looks awesome!
Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Postby TheVengefulOne » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:39 pm

This stuff is fuckin' sick, I love that mech and that ship. Maybe if you don't have time for a battle we could still get an armory post?
Blunt the swords and bend the figs!
Shred the paper and burn the briks!
Chip the molds and crack the plates!
That's what Bilbo Baggins hates!
- Tzan

A Directory of All My Crap: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16684

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/150398410@N07/
TheVengefulOne
there are no brakes on the ban train

Postby Av4l4nChE » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:38 am

TheVengefulOne wrote:This stuff is fuckin' sick, I love that mech and that ship. Maybe if you don't have time for a battle we could still get an armory post?

Hey, good idea! Unfortunately I have taken it all apart, but if I have time, I will rebuild it and do just that. Good idea for future creations, too. :D
-Kal Skirata

Av4l4nChE
Hero

Previous

Return to Bricks