Av4l4nChE's Creations

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

Av4l4nChE
Hero

Av4l4nChE's Creations

Post by Av4l4nChE » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:28 am

Hey guys!

I thought I'd make this thread to give honor to the creations I've made over the years. I'm not fully sure if there is a dedicated thread for this kind of thing, but I didn't want to get in trouble for spamming a bunch of pics on someone else's thread, so I just made one of my own!

Here goes...

A robot I made recently. I guess I was inspired by Titanfall. It kind of look like a Titan. At least that's what my dad said. I was just building, and this happened.

Pic of the bot with his gun. It makes him way less articulate, I can tell you.
"Think of yourselves as fingers on a hand. Alone, you're formidable. Together, you're invincible."
-Kal Skirata

Av4l4nChE
Hero

Re: Av4l4nChE's Creations

Post by Av4l4nChE » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:43 am

Ok, this creation was inspired by Total Annihilation, a RTS game I played as a small child. ( also, you'll find A LOT of my creations are video-game inspired. I guess you are what you do, or something. If I had enough specialized pieces, I guess I'd be building all the famous metal bands in concert, but I don't, so...)

An Overwatch of the map. Red is on the left, Blue on the right, and the killing field in the middle. Early warning, the pic of no man's land is straight awful, which sucks because it's the best part.

A half-decent shot of Red base. From left to right: the vehicle and K-bot labs are in motion, building new engines of war. An Engineer is assisting the K-bot lab with its repair beam. A pair of newly formed units, one of which is a mobile missile launcher, roll to the front, as a radar installation does its radar-y thing, and an artillery piece lets it loose. In the back, a generator keeps the whole base powered with Energy, while a line of metal extractors churn to keep the base's Metal production going. Another Engineer is finishing up a metal extractor.
There's also a sweet SAM turret I made, but, of course, my past self was a moron and didn't picture it.

Oh, never mind. I did! Hey, one less retard-point in your favor, past self!

This pic hurts my very soul. If anyone has the balls to look at the blurry horror for more than 2.64 seconds, It's a pic of the different war machines trading fire across no-man's land. You know, the machines I spent hours making. That my past self had to go and crap on because he couldn't take a decent picture. :fist: Anyway...

Last pic. The is the Blue base, obviously. From front(ish) to back: two construction K-bots work on some new structure (barely pictured). An Experimental Gantry build a huge new death machine. One to rule them all, and in the Darkness bind them. Blue's own artillery responds to Red's in kind, while Blue's vehicle lab makes another unit. In the back a pair of metal extractors is protected by an AA turret, next to a long line of Energy generators.
"Think of yourselves as fingers on a hand. Alone, you're formidable. Together, you're invincible."
-Kal Skirata

Av4l4nChE
Hero

Post by Av4l4nChE » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:09 am

BAD PICTURE ALERT: If you or anyone watching has a sensitive stomach, please turn away now. Av4l4nChE, Inc is not responsible for any diarrhea or vomit-related accidents that may occur upon viewing this post.

Anyway, this is a Dark Souls II-inspired creation. I made it from one of the first spots I had real trouble, No-Man's Warf.

An Overwatch of the creation. From left to right, the player has just stepped from a bonfire. Underneath a Dark Stalker lurks, waiting to be a royal butthole to the player as he steps down from the ruined building. Past the ruin, the docks sprawl out over the water.

A close-up of the bonfire area. Note the player has not used a Human Effigy in some time, due to his zombie-like appearance.

The docks, where a Varangian Sailor, and a Hollow Infantry wait.

The end of the docks, where Carhillion of the Fold meditates, waiting to teach the player the intricacies of magic.
Last edited by Av4l4nChE on Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Kal Skirata

Av4l4nChE
Hero

Post by Av4l4nChE » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:12 am

Just a thing I made. I was inspired by fighting games.

Note the player health bars, and super energy levels, etc.
-Kal Skirata

Av4l4nChE
Hero

Post by Av4l4nChE » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:19 am

One of my more intricate and well-built creations, I think.

I wanted to make a pirate island type of thing, and did pretty ok.

An Overwatch.

This handful of mateys caught something a bit bigger than they were expecting!

On the beach, various piratey-thing occur.

A bad picture of the inside of the fort.

On the side of the island, a lone pirate relaxes with his hard-earned rum. However, sharks are drawn to the smell of booze, and love it waay more than blood. Scientific fact!
-Kal Skirata

Av4l4nChE
Hero

Post by Av4l4nChE » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:22 am

A pic of a dope crawler tank I made.

I called it the Mastodon. Good old past self took no more pics than that, despite it being the only tank I've made.
-Kal Skirata

Av4l4nChE
Hero

Post by Av4l4nChE » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:23 am

And last, and probably least, I made this weird steampunk-y hot air balloon jet thing. Because reasons.

That's all for now, folks!
-Kal Skirata

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:50 am

Thats some really nice work!
You do a good job with the extra decorations on the scenes.

Av4l4nChE
Hero

Post by Av4l4nChE » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:17 am

Tzan wrote:Thats some really nice work!
You do a good job with the extra decorations on the scenes.
Many thanks! I try to make my scenes as detailed and busy as my collection will allow.
-Kal Skirata

motorhead fan
I want to climb on to thevengefulone, stick my tongue into his ear and ride him all the way to satan.

Post by motorhead fan » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:01 pm

Wow! There's lots of really good stuff here, I love the tank.

Venge
there are no brakes on the ban train

Post by Venge » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:21 pm

Lots of cool stuff here, that island would be perfect for a Brikwar.

Where did you get a white lego pirate captain's hat though?
Formerly known as TheVengefulOne. Times banned by Natalya: 10 (+ 1 alt).

My BrikWars Stuff: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16684

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/150398410@N07/

Av4l4nChE
Hero

Post by Av4l4nChE » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:45 pm

TheVengefulOne wrote:Lots of cool stuff here, that island would be perfect for a Brikwar.

Where did you get a white lego pirate captain's hat though?
OK...embarassing story time...

My parents got me a lot of "real LEGO minifigs" off of Amazon, bless 'em. They are all Chinese-made crap piles, with legs and arms that can barely move, and faces and torsos with the decals either way too large or too small.

I normally have a very simple policy for non-Lego pieces: "GET OUT OF MY HOUSE YOU PATHETIC IMPOSTER TRASH!" , however, I have very few pirate-themed minifig pieces that weren't in the abominable peach color, so I needed to improvise. The knockoff hat was a last resort.

As you might be able to tell, I was substituting a lot of pieces in there. You may have noticed a guy with a prisoner's outfit, a guy in Dr. Inferno garb, and a couple ninjas hidden amongst the pictures, but I don't think they look too bad, just add to the general pirate-y chaos of the place.
-Kal Skirata

Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Post by Omega Prime » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:09 pm

Hey, these are really good! I like 'em, especially the rts one.
gotta love knitting needles. i can make you a scarf. i can make a hat. i can stab your eyes out. i can make mittens.

What was that middle part again?

i can make a hat

Av4l4nChE
Hero

Post by Av4l4nChE » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:06 am

Omega Prime wrote:Hey, these are really good! I like 'em, especially the rts one.
Thanks! That is also one of my favorites!
-Kal Skirata

Av4l4nChE
Hero

Post by Av4l4nChE » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:50 pm

Found this in the tomes of ancient lore. It's quite old, so don't judge too hard. For young me, this was pretty good. I even sent a pic of this to the "Cool Creations!" section of the Lego Magazine. It predictably didn't make the cut, but I still like it.

-Kal Skirata