well whats your thoughts

Post by Pvt Expendable » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:22 pm

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp ... eme/Castle

looks good but a bit pricey,.. was wondering on your collective thoughts

Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Post by Blitzen » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:07 pm

It looks like there are a lot of slopes. If you can get a better quality picture or look at the box in real life, see if the towers are brickbuilt.

EDIT: Here's the set on lego.com. There are only 833 pieces, which is not quite as many as I'd hoped for, but in the 360 view you can see that the side and back walls are made of BURPs. It looks like there are some really interesting pieces in both browns, like the upside-down curved half arch, and a lot of slopes. You should check out some other angles to decide.

EDIT 2: As a side note, if I don't buy Medieval Market Village, I'm going to have to kill myself. There's so much awesome in New Castle. I only wish I had money. Fucking Space, Pirates and Castle: I hate that these are all so awesome.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.

Almighty Benny
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Almighty Benny » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:37 pm

Blitzen wrote:Fucking Space, Pirates and Castle: I hate that these are all so awesome.
I know, right?

I wouldn't buy this set simply because the piece to price ratio is very low, meaning there are probably a lot of POOPs.

But this would still be an extremely fun set to build, so it might be worth asking as a birthday present or something.
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:01 am

I like the Ork/Troll figures and the direction they have taken Lego Castle but from my experience of Lego sets I think you'll discover there isn't as much Lego as the pictures imply. At the price they are asking for it's a bit off putting. However, as a picture it does look cool even if the parts are likely to fall off at the slightest touch.

lrdofbricks
Jaw-Jaw

Post by lrdofbricks » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:53 am

wow toys'r us sucks. how the fuck do you put a 100 dollar set on sale for 104 dollars. that store makes me want to puke.
LEGION- fear it
the 100000 post- by me
"manliness= X(warhead+piltog)^2/James+burgandy"

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:39 am

Medieval Market Village is much more worth that price.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"

Almighty Benny
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Almighty Benny » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:32 am

Like you said, Warhead, LEGO has been steadily getting worse and worse at giving you what you pay for. I try not to buy a set with less than a 10 cent per piece ratio
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...

Shaeph
Cannon Fodder

Post by Shaeph » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:52 am

is that giant flames in the front of the castle, in front of the doors? they're pretty cool.
And I wish I had a million dollars.... just for lego sets
Spend each day as if it were your last.
------------------------------------------------------
"Weekends don't count unless you do something completely pointless." - Calvin

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:21 am

lrdofbricks wrote:wow toys'r us sucks. how the fuck do you put a 100 dollar set on sale for 104 dollars. that store makes me want to puke.
They also get sets way earlier than wal-mart/target and the like do, and have amazingly good selection. The downside of that is that they usually charge an extra 2-3 bucks per set.

They also have space police right now while nobody else does. I couldn't help myself.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:38 pm

Very true. I've also seen that WalMart gets rid of their old sets even if no one buys them (I think so anyway). I only have a WalMart close enough to buy Legos, anywhere else that carries them is too far away to bother. They will have some older sets on clearance for a day or two, then ALL of them are gone. I don't think people are buying them, I think they just get rid of them.

Pvt Expendable
Dimmy

Post by Pvt Expendable » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:45 pm

Wow thanks everybody for you feedback

@ Blitzen the market looks really nice, don't worry youll get it
@ warhead, I agree with the orck troll i like it to havent bought an orc yet thought ( i think lego mixed it up orks should be small and trolls big)
@shaep, we do man we all do
@ almight Benny so you a volume of quality type?
@lrd of bricks its can $ so if its 100.00 us, its not bad

gaa noe im gonna go check out

the new space and a better look at med market

Im going to toys are us in a few weeks (i live almost in the middle of knowhere) no toys are us, no future shop, not even a fing costco,... closet lego store is california,.. only 5 days of driving,....

thank god for Bricklink, lego.com and ebay

Blitzen

Post by Blitzen » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:00 pm

lrdofbricks wrote:wow toys'r us sucks. how the fuck do you put a 100 dollar set on sale for 104 dollars. that store makes me want to puke.
Are you shitting me? In Canada, the regular price on LEGO.com is $129.99. This is an awesome deal.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.

tahthing
rather undermines the point of ranks.

Post by tahthing » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:14 pm

the local toy shops in my area keep all there old stuff in storage in the back of the shop, they put them on the sheves when there waiting for a new load to come in and they have empty spaces.
once i saw a classic space set there for less than its original price!sadly i didnt have enough money with me :cry: .
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
How's that compression ratio?

james+burgundy
I tend to just pile the shit on myself

Post by james+burgundy » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:37 am

Blitzen wrote:Are you shitting me? In Canada, the regular price on LEGO.com is $129.99. This is an awesome deal.
maybe in canda but in the us Toys R us adds like a buck or two more to every set so i never go there i buy all my lego either on brick link or target (target has the best section around my area)
Been here longer then pretty much all of you or some shit.

tahthing
rather undermines the point of ranks.

Post by tahthing » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:20 am

the piece ratio has very little to do with the price, a bag of 100 1x1 rounds plates would cost less than a packet of 50 2x4 bricks.
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
How's that compression ratio?