Page 51 of 202

Re: Lego doodles POST THEM

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:17 pm
by Zupponn
You see WhiteEagle, this is a thread where I won't get annoyed if you post your stuff in.

I'm looking forward to how the vehicle will turn out, but I can't help thinking that the fighter would be awesome as a gun for a giant mecha.

Re: Lego doodles POST THEM

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:32 pm
by Whiteagle
Falk wrote:Call it the Conjoined 'E'.  :lol:

No, the central orbital plane:
Image
I.E. This bit, will be called "The Conjoined E", while the two Venators on the side are "Whit" and "Agle".

aoffan23 wrote:EDIT: @Whiteagle: I almost thought you were using dark tan again. I assume that if you plan to make that IRL that the tan pieces will be the ones from the old AAT set?
Image

Yep!
...How would one stat printed-on weapons anyways?

Zupponn wrote:I'm looking forward to how the vehicle will turn out, but I can't help thinking that the fighter would be awesome as a gun for a giant mecha.

Uh... it's a Microspace SHIP... made out of two stock Republic Star Destroyers...

And yeah, it does take its inspiration from Mecha Anime space warships... but it'd make a lousy gun right now...

Re: Lego doodles POST THEM

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:13 am
by Ben-Jammin
Whiteagle wrote:Yep!
...How would one stat printed-on weapons anyways?


I always just said the missile tubes on the AAT's base were Mk. II. When measuring, I just measured the length of the base from front to back. There's also the fact that the AAT's base has different types of ammunition stored in it, such as high-explosive, bunker-buster, and armor-piercing shells.

Re: Lego doodles POST THEM

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:08 pm
by aoffan23
Missile tubes? Man, I always thought they were just intakes, but I pretended they were weapons whenever I used them in a MOC.

EDIT: On the topic of this set, I'm still waiting for them to make an updated version, since they already did the Clone Wars one.

Re: Lego doodles POST THEM

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:55 pm
by Whiteagle
aoffan23 wrote:Missile tubes? Man, I always thought they were just intakes, but I pretended they were weapons whenever I used them in a MOC.

Nope, they are some kind of energy sheathing mortar, see:
Image

aoffan23 wrote:EDIT: On the topic of this set, I'm still waiting for them to make an updated version, since they already did the Clone Wars one.

Doubtful, but we could hopefully get something like the Ground Armored Tank...

...I ironically build something similar to the Crab Droid that somehow replaced them for one of the train cars though.

Re: Lego doodles POST THEM

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:59 pm
by Ben-Jammin
Whiteagle wrote:Doubtful, but we could hopefully get something like the Ground Armored Tank...


Oh man, I've always wanted that as a set. That and an AT-XT.

I've seen some good GATs on Brickshelf but I've been low on parts to make them.

Re: Lego doodles POST THEM

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:01 pm
by Zupponn
The GAT reminds me of a Scorpion from Halo.
The Crab Droid reminds me of a Scarab too.

Re: Lego doodles POST THEM

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:08 pm
by Robot Monkey
Ground Armored Tank. So that's what those shitty hovertanks from the Clone Wars game for the Gamecube are called.

Re: Lego doodles POST THEM

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:39 am
by Whiteagle
Zupponn wrote:The GAT reminds me of a Scorpion from Halo.

Yeah, it isn't nearly as original as the TIE Crawler...
Zupponn wrote:The Crab Droid reminds me of a Scarab too.

Eh, really any four-legged attack platform with heavily armored legs is going to look like that.
Case in point, my Wall Droids:
Image

Re: Lego doodles POST THEM

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:45 pm
by Zupponn
Whiteagle wrote:
Zupponn wrote:The GAT reminds me of a Scorpion from Halo.

Yeah, it isn't nearly as original as the TIE Crawler...

It has studs on it!  Look!
Image

Re: Lego doodles POST THEM

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:49 am
by Ben-Jammin
I always wanted the lego version of that...

Re: Lego doodles POST THEM

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:49 am
by ikensall
They made a lego model of it, although it might well be limited edition, I think I remember seeing it in one of my lego catalogs.

Re: Lego doodles POST THEM

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:49 pm
by Craigallot
http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=74270 :rtfm:

It's not even that expensive, but seriously, it's a poor design imo.

...How would one stat printed-on weapons anyways?


'According to the rulebook', not.

Re: Lego doodles POST THEM

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:48 pm
by Ex_Bajir
Bragallot wrote:It's not even that expensive, but seriously, it's a poor design imo.

Poorly constructed or just a dumb fucking idea?

Seriously though,whoever designed the TIE crawler must have had no knowledge of armored vehicle design.

Re: Lego doodles POST THEM

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:41 pm
by Whiteagle
Bragallot wrote:
...How would one stat printed-on weapons anyways?


'According to the rulebook', not.

Wait, really?

Good thing I put those cannons on the side then...

Ex_Bajir wrote:
Bragallot wrote:It's not even that expensive, but seriously, it's a poor design imo.

Poorly constructed or just a dumb fucking idea?

Seriously though,whoever designed the TIE crawler must have had no knowledge of armored vehicle design.

You mean the same people who build the TIE Fighter?

It's not like the Empire ever had Armored Vehicles that made sense other then the AT-ST...