2011 new stuff general discussion

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

Jbgarrison
Minifig

Post by Jbgarrison » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:32 pm

Dissappointing. Dynamite sticks would make better emergency brakes than revolvers IMO. :rtfm:

aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by aoffan23 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:11 pm

OneEye589 wrote:Yea, they wouldn't do the same thing they've always done. Never. They would totally make an entirely new color that's only like 5% less saturated just so it wouldn't be the same as the vehicles. Just like Atlantis, Agents, Mars Mission, and pretty much every other sci-fi theme.
Mars Mission is pretty much the only valid one you mentioned. Agents are pretty close, but they at least have the lime green on them.

Atlantis? :wtc: They're dark grey with lime green, the vehicles are red with some dark grey.

Moar:

Power Miners were blue and light grey (followed by silver), while the vehicles were lime green and orange.

Alpha Team: Mission Deep Sea minfigs were dark blue, vehicles were yellow.

Alpha Team: Missions Deep Freeze minifigs were black, vehicles were sand and dark blue.

Aquanauts were black, white and blue. Their vehicles were yellow.

Aquaraiders II, Hydronauts, Dino Attack/Dino 2010, Rock Raiders, Futuron, Classic Space, Life on Mars aliens, M:Tron, and all three Space Police themes all have different-coloured minifigs than vehicles.

Besides, the Alien Conquest aliens have magenta arms, but the ships have dark purple.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:32 pm

OneEye589 wrote:Yea, they wouldn't do the same thing they've always done. Never. They would totally make an entirely new color that's only like 5% less saturated just so it wouldn't be the same as the vehicles. Just like Atlantis, Agents, Mars Mission, and pretty much every other sci-fi theme.
You suck at reading.

They didn't make a new dark blue for Agents to make the figs and vehicles different colors. No new colors for the Atlantis sets. No new orange for the Mars Mission sets. No toning down the green and orange for Power Miners.

Dr StrangeBrik
Nice Dubs

Post by Dr StrangeBrik » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:12 pm

The blue does look new (it looks to be slightly darker than the blue used in the Rainbow Knights Armour…).

Anyway, quibbles over colour coordinating aside, I’m really appreciating the insight to what is coming up soon. None of this (except for the Egyptian themed sets) is on the official Lego site yet, and living way down in New Zealand, heaven knows how long it will be before we see them. We currently have just started getting the 3rd Minifig series, and no sign of the Egyptian set yet - Ninjago is in stock though, which is handy (something to add to the 7 or 8 black ninjas that I have from the first Minifig series…). Sadly NZ is the arse end of the world when it comes to new releases…

aoffan23

Post by aoffan23 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:40 pm

OneEye589 wrote:
You suck at reading.
Apparently so. Although I don't get how the "entirely new colour" thing came up, since I was talking about an already existing colour.

Lordofdragonss
Nice Dubs

Post by Lordofdragonss » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:17 am

They didn't make a new dark blue for Agents to make the figs and vehicles different colors. No new colors for the Atlantis sets. No new orange for the Mars Mission sets. No toning down the green and orange for Power Miners.
Actually the trans orange in Mars mission sets was new color. And I think someone on Flickr confirmed that this blue is indeed new, and is also used in Cars sets ( Sandy).[/quote]
LORD OF KURVINIA KINGDOM

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:30 am

Lordofdragonss wrote:
Actually the trans orange in Mars mission sets was new color. And I think someone on Flickr confirmed that this blue is indeed new, and is also used in Cars sets ( Sandy).
[/quote]
What I said is make a new color that was used exclusively on figures only a small variation away from the vehicle color. Trans-orange is different, it's not like what they've apparently done with the new blue, with it just a slight difference, but still including the older colors.

OREMAWESOME1234
Cannon Fodder

Post by OREMAWESOME1234 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:54 pm

Anyone think of xcom when they saw that lego was making ufo theme? i know I did.

solvess
Dimmy

Post by solvess » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:09 pm

Anyone see this?
My brute
"Having enough Dakka is an illusion created by those too weak to stomach true warfare."
"A river of blood begins with a single drop."

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:27 pm

A'yup, and I bloody want one. Sheer gorgeousness.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Ogel96
Dimmy

Post by Ogel96 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:31 pm

Holy shit.... my champion's family spirit/animal is a dragon..... NEED!
My doctor says I have an obsession with vengance. We'll just see about that
My 550th post was "JANE-FREAKIN-GOODALL".
I called the Ghostbusters in my 600th post.

Apollyon
Actually a decent human being. As far as I can tell anyway...

Post by Apollyon » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:58 pm

This is going to be the most expensive sword in Lego history if it is only present in that one set. I want it - badly!
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!

aoffan23

Post by aoffan23 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:03 pm

Apollyon wrote:This is going to be the most expensive sword in Lego history if it is only present in that one set. I want it - badly!
It also appears to be in another set, but I forget which one. They might change it to the golden katana, but from looking through the Toy Fair pics that's what I've gathered.

Lordofdragonss
Nice Dubs

Post by Lordofdragonss » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:09 am

Yeah it appeared in "Mountain shrine" set too.
But it is a Special Edition set...
LORD OF KURVINIA KINGDOM

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:40 pm

Oh wow. I was born in the year of the dragon too.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."