Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

Ham
A 701 error is fine too.
A 701 error is fine too.

Post by Ham » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:49 pm

NapalmKing wrote:Napalm being boneriffic
:protip: : :diy:
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.
Wightbagel died for our sins.

razgriz 25th inf.
Dimmy

Post by razgriz 25th inf. » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:10 pm

i will NOT be buying these. i have enough megablox as it is. at least the megablox i have are the shameless 04-05 military sets. those were pretty good, it just didnt mix well with lego. now when im going for a flat 2x10 theres a 70-30 it will be megablox. aw, well. nothing i can do now. except not buy anymore knock-offs. although, there were some pretty bad-ass military knock offs at my local hobby lobby. one was a $60 boot camp. thing was huge.
Holy shit, I'm still here?

Apollyon
Actually a decent human being. As far as I can tell anyway...

Re: Kre-O from Hasbro?

Post by Apollyon » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:18 am

So i saw these in a store yesterday and was quite surprised as cloan brands don't seem to be popular over here (probably because they usually have too much of a war thing goin on...). Optimus Prime and Megatron where exhibited in a plexiglass cube so i could have a good look at them. They actually looked quite nice and of good quality. Of course the plastic did appear to be of a lesser quality than Lego's abs but maybe it was just the somewhat bland colours. The transformers i remember from the late eighties had more shiny plastic with brighter colours. What i also seemed to notice is that the Lego like bricks seem to be a little off size wize? It seemed the studs and other dimensions were a tiny little bit larger than with Lego so i wonder if both are really compatible. But what striked me the most were the prizes! I looked for a small model to buy but all the sets were about as expensive as the licenced sets by Lego. And they were definetely higher than the US prices on the links in this thread. :shock:
So has anyone actually bought one of these by now?

If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Re: Kre-O from Hasbro?

Post by Zahru II » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:21 am

Nope, because we didn't get any, but from what I've heard, the ball-joint bricks are much better than the lego ones, in terms of friction.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Legofighter
Officer

Re:

Post by Legofighter » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:34 pm

Warhead wrote:Yet another alien race to purge.
:godwin:
No way I gon buy that shit: I have [false]enough[/false] WAY TOO MUCH FUKIN SHITTING megabloks
my parents bought when I was a little 6 years old idiot that I don't want any more CloAn brands
From the frigid cold of Canada, -40 year long.