EPIC Castle

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, fredde

Postby Asterios » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:59 pm

well those castles are actual castle designs (crusaders) and hate to burst peoples bubbles castles lacked in color and the only color you would see is the off-white look from weathering.

alot of people have been influenced by Hollywood, but in reality Castles were ugly dirty places where the people stank and there was garbage and shit all over the place, even the King and Queen wore clothes dirty and stained, and very few bathes were taken, they were like a yearly affair.

so when I see "Colorful" castles I think nice but not realistic.
Master of the Armies

Asterios
Champion

Postby morganm » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:27 pm

The first one is big and fugly. Dude obviously spent enough money on Legos to make it... buy some damn scenery.

Second one is actually interesting. It's a replica but there's a lot of things going on in an around the castle that makes it interesting to look at. Thus proving that replica castles made from Legos don't have to be boring, monochromatic, or smelly :P
morganm
Dimmy

Postby Silverdream » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:16 pm

I like the Krak one, but the belvoir seems boring. I mean it's out of league with what I could build but both could use a Heleopolis and an army to besiege them.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Silverdream » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:55 pm

So this is Awe-inspiring to you...

and this is not as good.

I'm sorry but I question your taste. The below is prettier, has more detail, better construction techniques and all that bullshit people like. The below obviously was alot more work and looks alot better.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby White Nun » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:58 pm

So many mega-ossum castles :shock: :o

I want to build the Lost City on Dinoreich eventually and it will end up being as big as these castles so I'd better start saving up my bricks now.
White Nun
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Zupponn » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:51 pm

White Nun wrote:I want to build the Lost City on Dinoreich eventually and it will end up being as big as these castles so I'd better start saving up my bricks now.

That would be awesome! :D
Zupponn
No Lego part truly dies
No Lego part truly dies

Postby morganm » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:47 am

Those two castles are about the same size...

morganm
Dimmy

Postby White Nun » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:58 pm

I really like that, - a 100% stupid zone. Should be written up in the Wiki somewhere.

I realised I wasn't cut out for a traditional wargaming club the day I couldn't persaude anybody to play to play Hordes of the Things instead of DBA.
Has anybody realised yet that present day modern warfare as it is happening around the world at the moment is almost exactly like Brik Wars except that the ones doing the dying and getting torn to pieces aren't plastic minifigs, but people who can't be put back together anything like so well as a minifig can.
I mean I only thought it was in Brik Wars than an entire neighbourhood would get bombed flat on the off chance that a despotic dictator might be at home, but at the moment NATO is doing it most days.

Anyway back to the bricks. I thought both those castles were pretty darn good and would be certainly be interesting to defend and or lay to siege. Personally I wouldn't mind at all if my Purification Sisters of St. Attila were laying siege to an army of Protestant Toadmen from Saturn just so long as it was a rattling good game. And of course it wouldn't matter who won or if anybody won at all.
White Nun
Jaw-Jaw

Postby aoffan23 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:17 pm

@White Nun: I now think that instead of fighting with real-life guerrilla warfare, conflicts should be settled by playing Brikwars, with each leader being represented as a hero on a symbolic mythical beast (i.e. a giant eagle for the U.S.A., a giant moose for Canada, a giant sphinx for Egypt).

@Asterios: You're an absolute idiot.
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.

I agree with Warhead.
aoffan23
Pooplord

Postby Silverdream » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:52 pm

aoffan23 wrote:@White Nun: I now think that instead of fighting with real-life guerrilla warfare, conflicts should be settled by playing Brikwars, with each leader being represented as a hero on a symbolic mythical beast (I.e. a giant eagle for the U.S.A., a giant moose for Canada, a giant sphinx for Egypt).

@Asterios: You're an absolute idiot.

You know it's bad when me and aoffan agree on something. Please die Asterios.

Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Hoboman » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:10 am

BrikSaber wrote:Image

There is a good idea for White Nun's flying chappel as well. :D

PS: BrikSaber, there is en edit button in the right courner of your posts, in case you did not know. :wink:
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"
Hoboman
My Little Pony

Postby White Nun » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:23 am

BrikSaber wrote:RERAILING IN PROGRESS
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4142/481 ... 3e6f90.jpg
This castle is pretty sweet....
(Also, I agree, Asterios must die even :godwin: , and he only agrees when it's something serious.)

Oh wow! That flying castle is amazing. I want one for the White Sector, - it can be the Archbishop's flying palace :o :shock:

Now now, I can't really approve of people wanting other people to die. As a part of my vocation I pray for the dying and I have quite enough folk to pray for already without anyone else getting fingered. Let's instead pray for him to become enlightened and as a result be a much nicer Brik Wars player to know. And yes I know I'm a terrible optimist, but it sort of goes with the territory.
White Nun
Jaw-Jaw

Postby benkim123 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:26 am

Silverdream wrote:
aoffan23 wrote:@Asterios: You're an absolute idiot.

You know it's bad when me and aoffan agree on something. Please die Asterios.

Or the universe will blow up destroying all your (15000) minifigs!
benkim123
Jaw-Jaw

Previous

Return to Bricks