MOC collection #2: My army.. and some bonus ships

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

Postby Bonn-o-Tron » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:20 pm

Man, Dr.X sure is serious about them damn LEGOs.
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:
Bonn-o-Tron
Playmobil

Postby Dr. X » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:52 pm

ace121 wrote:Tried to read that, got bored. Doc X is probably right though. Whether he is or not though, one well placed EMP blast will take out the whole system as IV kindly pointed out. EMP would work just by making contact with the sheild itself.

In other words:

SHUT UP! THIS IS STUPID

And that goes for this entire argument and all involved.

No, I will never shut up. This argument is awesome. And you should read the stuff I wrote on the shield, it's interesting.

And where did IV point that out? I don't see it...

EMP, or ElectroMagnetic Energy, will not 'take out the whole system'. EMP blasts are most effective on electronics and avionics that employ Vacuum Tubes, although they will mess with any unprotected electronics. Most shield generators, projectors, and buffers all have EMP-proof plating placed over them. As for the shield itself, EMP is electromagnetic ENERGY and therefore absorbed or just passes right through most deflector shields. EMP bursts will pass right through ray shields. Do not think of ray shields as a solid wall thing, that is a misnomer. Ray shields are a sort of disentigrating field, to put it very simply. Laser bursts and energy weapons will pass though, but solids will not. If a missile were to hit a ray shield, it would be absorbed immediately, however some of the high explosives inside could detonate when the front of the missile absorbed. The shrapnel and the brunt of the explosion would be absorbed, but some of the explosion and fire would pass through. In short, EMP will not effect shields unless the shield generator/projector/buffer is exposed, which is unlikely on andy modern shield system.

Man, Dr.X sure is serious about them damn LEGOs.

Well, I like to make sure all the technology in Legos is explained and detailed. I could lecture you all day about plasma propulsion, antigrav generators, and various other things. But most people, like ace, just get 'bored'.. *coughimmaturecough*. But maybe it's just because I'm a supergeek and read all day about aerodynamics and tesla weapons.
I think those stats only apply to non-Mexicans.
Dr. X
Galidor
Galidor

Postby ace121 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:07 pm

Actually, when I was not so busy doing... Other stuff... I found your writing to be quite interesting. Please go on; this stuff could help me crush my opponents :twisted:

And actually, I have doen A LOT of research on tesla weaponry. fascinating stuff, no?

PS: I just implemented an authentic ray sheild onto my T-1 Drop Ship. Just hope it doesn't overheat like the SDF 1's in Bursting Point (IIRC). That destroyed the entire Ontario quadrant! Actually... Maybe I should start using sheilds as offensive weaponry. It's perfect!
Last edited by ace121 on Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I am Aceman, bringer of quote"
ace121
Cannon Fodder

Postby Tarren » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:11 pm

remember the layering of a great armor system!
outside: Ray Sheild
middle: Deflector Shield
plating: EMP plating
Silverdream wrote:As you can see the majority of sex workers in BC are not only children, but aboriginal children. It's mostly because we treat them like shit.
Tarren
Dimmy

Postby Dr. X » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:19 pm

my floppy penis wrote:remember the layering of a great armor system!
outside: Ray Sheild
middle: Deflector Shield
plating: EMP plating

Actually it is very hard to 'layer' shields around eachother. This is due to the interference that two high-intensity energy fields generate. In close proximity, the energy of the shields is absorbed by one another, usually resulting in a catastrophic meltdown of the buffer. So the energy from one shield is absorbed by the other, constantly, and the other is at the same time releasing energy into the first one. Such huge energy levels overload the buffer.

However, it is possible on very large installments, such as bases. The shields can be projected far enough from one another that the energy interference does not overlap. This is only possible on truly large installments, however.

@ace: Ok, sure. I'm going to make a topic called 'Technical fluff' that includes all this, and I'll update it once in a while.
Dr. X
Galidor
Galidor

Postby ace121 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:21 pm

You are one awesome cannon fodder!

ace121
Cannon Fodder

Postby IVhorseman » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:35 am

TL;DR
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Dr. X » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:55 am

IVhorseman wrote:TL;DR

???WTF???
Dr. X
Galidor
Galidor

Postby Bonn-o-Tron » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:59 am

:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:
Bonn-o-Tron
Playmobil

Postby pesgores » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:50 pm

Whatever, it's some kind of an electromagnetical shield (now this is confirmed) that blocks solid things and prevents explosions. It has small protection against lasers, so heavy laser fire would pass it.

AND I SAID THAT ITS POWER SOURCE IS THE LIGHT. SOLAR OR ARTIFICIAL. WITHOUT LIGHT, THE SHIELD ONLY LASTS 10 DAYS.

AND MY NUKES USE A SPECIAL MINERAL FOUND IN MY BEDROOM'S MINES THAT CAN TURN INTO GAS AND BOOM-A-LOT.

BUT I RECOGNISE I WAS WRONG WHEN I SAID 10000 MILES, IT'S 1000.

I hope you read it well. I'm not a technical expert, my scientists are. And if they assure me it is, it is, i test, if it's ok, i pay them. If they are lying, i kill them. Simple as that.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby pesgores » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:53 pm

It had to happen someday.

Today, my scientists discovered that, after all, with tons of money spent on FOX, he isn't invincible.

I'll tell you in the next post, because right now i am busy.

TO BE CONTINUED...
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby Dr. X » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:44 pm

Ok... ∆'d!
Dr. X
Galidor
Galidor

Postby pesgores » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:37 pm

After doind some more lab tests, my scientists discovered that the plastic used on FOX's body can melt a little bit (even invisible for naked LEGO® minifig eyes) when the local temperature goes higher than 29.5 Cº. Which means the "genetic" code used doesn't match anymore.

Then, they installed coolants on FOX's surface to restore its parts.

Now, 2 options for BrikWars (since it is not invincible anymore, ti can be used in BrikWars, right?):

OPTION 1

-If the local temperature is higher than 29.5 Cº (this can be accorded by players before the battle begins, or they can just use the real-life temperatures):

1-The pilot can choose to use the coolants. Untill the end of the next enemy's round, the coolants will be working. This is the period when FOX is prone to attacks.
2-The coolant effect lasts untill 2 enemy rounds pass.

HOW TO DEFEAT FOX WHEN FOLLOWING OPTION 1:

1-Wait for the turn when the coolants are taking effect.
2-(NOTE: THIS STEP CAN BE SKIPPED) Destroy 1 of the 4 coolants and it will be enough to disable the shield untill the coolant(s) gets repaired. Each coolant has Armor=1d10.
3-Then, you can either choose to destroy the jetpack (A=2d10) and then destroy each one of FOX's legs (A=3d10) and he falls (not guaranteeing its total destructon), to aim for his main body (A=5d10) to malfunction his inner systems or you can just aim for the cockpit (A=5d10) and destroy it, taking the pilot with it.

OPTION 2:

-The local temperature is below 29.5 Cº (this can be accorded by players before the battle begins, or they can just use the real-life temperatures):
1- There is no immediate things for the pilot to do. We are all just assuming the shield is up.

HOW TO DEFEAT FOX WHEN FOLLOWING OPTION 2:

1-Not simple. You gotta provoke an explosion (or more than one) that, combined, can deal more than 40 damage in a single turn.
2-Now, probably, the pilot will try to use the coolants.
3-Repeat steps 2 and 3 of HOW TO DEFEAT...in Option 1. Remember, step 2 can be skipped, but it turns a lot easier to defeat FOX if you follow it.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I can't believe those guys didn't make FOX invincible. Jackasses.

WHEN I STRICTLY INSTRUCTED THEM TO DO IT!!!...

Oh, well, it's still a (very)powerfull Mech. It is still a badass. But it lost the invincibility...
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby ace121 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:44 pm

Badass is my word, boy. I shall have to think long and hard about it before entitling it the rank of badass.

ace121
Cannon Fodder

Postby pesgores » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:46 pm

Maybe "worseass" is more adequate.
pesgores
The Dear Leader

PreviousNext

Return to Bricks