Technical fluff

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

Postby Dr. X » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:38 am

Tzan wrote:
Rody wrote:yes, but the word laser can mean the device that produces those beams, so it can easily be a projectile just like a cannon can easily form a projectile.

Exactly. Its a railgun that flings all the hardware that makes up a laser.

So it's a laser gun gun. It fires laser guns!

Ya know, I've always thought of this awesome weapon: The chaingun gun. A giant chaingun, very big, huge ammunition box. Instead of shells, it fires chainguns with the triggers taped down. So imagine a giang chaingun firing chainguns with triggers taped down at a rate of fire faster than an MG42. Awesome.

To take it even further, imagine an even GIANTER chaingun, that shoots chaingun chainguns! Or, and even GIANTER one that shoots chaingun chaingun chainguns! And so on like Bonn-o-Tron. The battlefield is covered in bullets.
I think those stats only apply to non-Mexicans.
Dr. X
Galidor
Galidor

Postby Tarren » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:41 am

Christ Dr.
Id hate to see you in the military.
cluster cluster cluster cluster nukes >:O
Silverdream wrote:As you can see the majority of sex workers in BC are not only children, but aboriginal children. It's mostly because we treat them like shit.
Tarren
Dimmy

Postby ace121 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:42 am

Everybody dies! :lol:

"I am Aceman, bringer of quote"
ace121
Cannon Fodder

Postby Tarren » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:43 am

I see dead people >.>
Oh, HI MOM :D
Silverdream wrote:As you can see the majority of sex workers in BC are not only children, but aboriginal children. It's mostly because we treat them like shit.
Tarren
Dimmy

Postby Dr. X » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:14 pm

Also, the military should use X-22s, dynamite catapults, and giant robots. Not to mention all the other stacks of ideas I have for the military. Also, it's been scientifically proved that it is possible for humans to build a giant robot like from the movies (around 30 feet tall), but no one has done it yet.

Stuupid Hoomans.
Dr. X
Galidor
Galidor

Postby Blitzen » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:17 pm

When I have a house, I'm going to build a mech in my garage. A small one.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.
Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Postby Dr. X » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:29 pm

Blitzen wrote:When I have a house, I'm going to build a mech in my garage. A small one.

Do you take engineering, little girl?
Dr. X
Galidor
Galidor

Postby Blitzen » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:31 pm

I can't. I would, but I can't.

I'm sure it's not <i>that</i> hard.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.
Blitzen

Postby Dr. X » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:32 pm

Blitzen wrote:I can't. I would, but I can't.

I'm sure it's not <i>that</i> hard.

Lol. Anyway, I prefer physics to engineering.
Dr. X
Galidor
Galidor

Postby IVhorseman » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:16 pm

wtf are you talking about? "been scientifically proven"? that's not a matter of science here, it's budgets! of COURSE we could make a mech that moves at incredible speeds off of muscle tracers, and can fly and shoot things, but it's god almighty expensive. as of now, tanks and jets are more cost-efficient until we get efficient enough power generators to fit inside of a mech and aren't super rare/expensive to produce.

also, the military kindof already DOES use catapults. but they don't launch dynamite. they launch jet planes off of aircraft carriers (yes, the pull mechanism is technically a catapult), and those carry bombs MUCH more powerful than dynamite.

and they don't use X-22s because V-22s are better and cheaper.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Rayhawk » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:52 pm

Dr. X wrote:To take it even further, imagine an even GIANTER chaingun, that shoots chaingun chainguns! Or, and even GIANTER one that shoots chaingun chaingun chainguns! And so on like Bonn-o-Tron. The battlefield is covered in bullets.

But wouldn't each chaingun just end up shooting the chaingun in front of it?
Rayhawk
Overlord

Postby Blitzen » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:16 pm

If the chainguns are asymmetrical, they will have more drag on one side, causing them to turn. Just... bring some bullet proof shields.
Blitzen

Postby Rayhawk » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:09 pm

But chainguns have rapidly spinning barrels which resist such changes in alignment thanks to gyroscopic effects.
Rayhawk
Overlord

Postby Bonn-o-Tron » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:14 am

I was thinking the same thing, albeit, in more simple terms. It would probably be like a giant chaingun tornado.
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:
Bonn-o-Tron
Playmobil

Postby Dr. X » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:15 am

IVhorseman wrote:wtf are you talking about? "been scientifically proven"? that's not a matter of science here, it's budgets! of COURSE we could make a mech that moves at incredible speeds off of muscle tracers, and can fly and shoot things, but it's god almighty expensive. as of now, tanks and jets are more cost-efficient until we get efficient enough power generators to fit inside of a mech and aren't super rare/expensive to produce.

also, the military kindof already DOES use catapults. but they don't launch dynamite. they launch jet planes off of aircraft carriers (yes, the pull mechanism is technically a catapult), and those carry bombs MUCH more powerful than dynamite.

and they don't use X-22s because V-22s are better and cheaper.

You're right IV, it's been scientifically proven but just not built because it would cost billions of dollars. Stupid Politicians.

And I know they use steam catapults on aircraft carriers, but have you ever seen a trebuchet fire a 35-pound ball with an initial velocity of 130m/s? When that ball hits a castle, it's the equivalent of hitting it with a 3-ton truck at 60mph. I know explosives are better, but just for once, the army should judge on awesomeness.

Dynamite looks cooler.

X-22s (I'm surprised you know what they are, or maybe ya just googled em) look cooler than Ospreys.
Dr. X
Galidor
Galidor

PreviousNext

Return to Bricks