Page 1 of 3

Minecraft in CUUSOO

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:01 am
by SnakeMittens
Lego has accepted the minecraft sets!
Image
:csi:

Re: Minecraft in CUUSOO

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:07 am
by Zahru II
... and everyone is angry about it all over the internet.
Personally, I don't really care, if I can get earth-toned bricks in a healthy amount via these sets, then take my money.

Re: Minecraft in CUUSOO

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:17 am
by CADmonkey
Zahru II wrote:... and everyone is angry about it all over the internet.

Eh, I think that Lego Lego is a stupid idea, but I can't be bothered to get angry about it.

Zahru II wrote:Personally, I don't really care, if I can get earth-toned bricks in a healthy amount via these sets, then take my money.

Yeah, it's still Lego.

Also:

Image

Re: Minecraft in CUUSOO

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:37 pm
by aoffan23
I think it's a way to draw more attention to the basic brick boxes, which tend to be looked at as "too childish". Like Zahru said, you get a bunch of nice brown, tan, and all that good stuff, so it can only be a good thing.

Plus Minecraft minifig will give us a plain torso in that new turquoise colour. :D

Re: Minecraft in CUUSOO

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:30 pm
by Gungnir
I think Penny Arcade said it best. There's no real reason to buy these other than for spare parts.

Re: Minecraft in CUUSOO

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:09 pm
by CADmonkey
Gungnir wrote:I think Penny Arcade said it best. There's no real reason to buy these other than for spare parts.

Which, of course, is 99% of the reason I buy any Lego.

Re: Minecraft in CUUSOO

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:16 pm
by OneEye589
*coughlegoarchitecturecough*

It's a model guys. They're to fill up space on your desk. How easy would it be to make the Lego Falling Water set? It's like action figures or whatever. You like it, so you want a model of it for your shelf.

Even though it's simple, Lego could do a lot of good with this new theme. Bricks that are 4 plates high instead of just 3? Might be a small change, but still awesome. Maybe even 5 high bricks without studs on top. Printed blocks. I'm looking forward to it.

Plus, you can never have enough brown and green.

Re: Minecraft in CUUSOO

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:32 am
by stubby
OneEye589 wrote:It's a model guys. They're to fill up space on your desk. How easy would it be to make the Lego Falling Water set? It's like action figures or whatever.

Barely related, but I did the concept for the Lego FallingWater set back in '03 or '04.  I wanted to play a joke on the model designers by proposing this highbrow  "Architecture" series with a lot of logical stuff like Fallingwater and the Empire State Building, but then suddenly switching gears mid-proposal with a bunch of nonsense stuff you could obviously never build out of Lego, like the Space Needle and the Guggenheim museum.

Naturally the designers went right ahead and made sets for the Space Needle and Guggenheim, so my joke was foiled.

If I remember right, part of that same pitch later turned into the city construction sets in 2009.  THE END

Re: Minecraft in CUUSOO

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:44 am
by OneEye589
Man, I didn't know they did the Guggenheim. They did alright considering.

Re: Minecraft in CUUSOO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:26 pm
by Ross_Varn
Mike, according to you, you're responsible for most of the cool stuff that Lego's done in the past few years. Of course, knowing you, I'm not entirely sure whether to believe you or to maintain that you're full of it. Regardless, thanks.

Re: Minecraft in CUUSOO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:12 pm
by Keldoclock
DO NOT QUESTION THE OVERLORD FOR HIS WORDS ARE BOUND IN TRUTH LIKE ADENOSINE RECEPTORS TO CAFFEINE.

Re: Minecraft in CUUSOO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:00 pm
by CADmonkey
stubby wrote:Barely related, but I did the concept for the Lego FallingWater set back in '03 or '04.

Oh yes, Frank Lloyd Wright's most arrogant building.  I really should pick up one of those sets some time.

Re: Minecraft in CUUSOO

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:53 pm
by The Black Rabbit
I play minecraft because its like lego. I don't play lego because its like minecraft. At least i can't fall in lava with this one.

I wonder if the set will have a minecraft minifig? I was thinking it would just have a custome head and regular minifig body

Re: Minecraft in CUUSOO

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:36 pm
by mr.duckie
stubby wrote:
OneEye589 wrote:It's a model guys. They're to fill up space on your desk. How easy would it be to make the Lego Falling Water set? It's like action figures or whatever.

Barely related, but I did the concept for the Lego FallingWater set back in '03 or '04.  I wanted to play a joke on the model designers by proposing this highbrow  "Architecture" series with a lot of logical stuff like Fallingwater and the Empire State Building, but then suddenly switching gears mid-proposal with a bunch of nonsense stuff you could obviously never build out of Lego, like the Space Needle and the Guggenheim museum.

Naturally the designers went right ahead and made sets for the Space Needle and Guggenheim, so my joke was foiled.

If I remember right, part of that same pitch later turned into the city construction sets in 2009.  THE END


you should make a joke about bringing back blacktron.

Re: Minecraft in CUUSOO

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:12 pm
by stubby
mr.duckie wrote:you should make a joke about bringing back blacktron.

They already did that in 2009.  Remember this guy?

Image

There were little Blacktron references all throughout that line.