Some Black MOCs.

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

Some Black MOCs.

Postby Dr. X » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:19 pm

I just built two black aircraft, both inspired from Crimson Skies. I didn't put ALL my effort into them, not my best aircraft ever, but I do think they are pretty great.

First up, the Warhawk. When I recently started playing Crimson Skies again, I wanted to build something like a warhawk, so I did. In black. Also, I forgot to add a tailfin. Oops.

The Warhawk is a light bomber, designed to go in and blow up stuff. It can carry immense loads for it's size, covering almost the entire underside of the plane. That brown/white thing on the back is my sorry attempt at squadron markings, just so you know.

Frontal view. (Gotta admit this view is badass.) Here you can see the missiles poking out from under the wing. This low armament is because this Warhawk has not yet been outfitted with explosives for it's next mission. Also, the Warhawk has two .70 Caliber machine guns inside the middle of both end-of-wing engines. The muzzle is seen here poking out in the middle of the propellors.

Side view. Look at the bulkiness of those engines. The Warhawk has no tailfin, short wings, and a huge gross weight, so with all those factors it takes a lot of power to get enough lift for it to fly. So the decision was made to include not one, but three Ford R3000 engines. A single one could power a plane twice the size of the Warhawk, but three are needed at minimum to lurch this thing into the air. BTW, that silver thing is an identification beacon. All planes have these beacons placed on them depending on which army they belong to, and that way it's easy to tell who's vehicles are who's. Each army's beacon broadcast's a specific type of wave, which can be picked up by most sensors. The silver marking means this Warhawk is registered to The Base.

Look ma, working flaps!

I decided to incorporate these because I felt like it. Also, the triangular hole in the top of the fuselage is a tribute to the triangle job, snuck in by the plane's designers and overlooked by the design finalist.

Next up is the Ford Hoplite autogyro, also inspired from Crimson Skies. Also in black. It is used mostly as a scout, because it is the smallest aircraft available that has the ability to hover, and it is faster than a helicopter.

Oh! Smallness.

Side view. (This isn't exactly very exciting commentary, is it...)

The cockpit. Note the big red button.

I know I could have done a better job on the nose, but it just didn't look right with that other piece. Anyway, in an emergency, they obviously can't eject upward because of the spinning rotary blades. (Aye laddy, that'd mean instan' choppy-woppy.) So, in an emergency, the pilot simply presses the big red button inside the cockpit...

And the nose cone blows off! (Detonator caps FTW) Now the pilot is shoved forward out the hole (by detonator caps) safely away from the plane, and then parachutes.

WARNING: When ejecting, the pilot should always keep his head down. Failure to do so could result in catastrophic and immediate head combustion.

Welp, that's all, folks!

Potato.
Last edited by Dr. X on Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I think those stats only apply to non-Mexicans.
Dr. X
Galidor
Galidor

Postby Bonn-o-Tron » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:21 pm

I like your other stuff better

Potato.
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:
Bonn-o-Tron
Playmobil

Postby Dr. X » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:32 pm

Bonn-o-Tron wrote:I like your other stuff better

Potato.

What other stuff? You mean the MOCollection #2? Or the Base and the planes? Or the Big Blue Behemoth? Or the other Aircraft? Be specific.

And potato is not to be used by insignifigant peasants like you, peasant.

Potato.
Dr. X
Galidor
Galidor

Postby Bonn-o-Tron » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:44 pm

Dr.X wrote:Be specific.

k.
I was comparing them to your previous aircraft, considering the fact that these are aircraft.

Potato.
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:
Bonn-o-Tron
Playmobil

Postby Dr. X » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:33 pm

Bonn-o-Tron wrote:
Dr.X wrote:Be specific.

k.
I was comparing them to your previous aircraft, considering the fact that these are aircraft.

Potato.

Oooh... like the Bomber, the black saucer-ish one, the scout one, the RAMM one... yeah, I can understand why you would like those more, these ones were a bit more of a 'lazy build'. But they are better photographed.
Dr. X
Galidor
Galidor

Postby Tarren » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:31 am

Potato.
make a giant Blimp.
Silverdream wrote:As you can see the majority of sex workers in BC are not only children, but aboriginal children. It's mostly because we treat them like shit.
Tarren
Dimmy

Postby Dr. X » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:25 pm

It's too hard, it would take a LOT of pieces and technic frames, and I'm too busy.

Potato.
Dr. X
Galidor
Galidor

Postby Captain Nomouth » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:54 pm

Ha, when I read the subject of this topic I thought it was a racist comment. LOL! :lol:
Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?
Captain Nomouth
Officer

Postby Dr. X » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:24 pm

Captain Nomouth wrote:Ha, when I read the subject of this topic I thought it was a racist comment. LOL! :lol:

Loleth. Wait.. LOLETH!!
Dr. X
Galidor
Galidor

Postby piltogg » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:02 pm

these are too small, so they look wierd
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Dr. X » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:14 pm

Well, the Hoplite is supposed to be small, and the Warhawk isn't really too small.. oh well. Guess the public just likes normal aircraft, eh bubba?
Dr. X
Galidor
Galidor

Postby Captain Nomouth » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:09 am

I think that, aside from it being racist, the warhawk (warhawk, rayhawk, do I see a connection?) is really cool. It reminds me of an evil steampunk naboo starfighter. The hoplite looks like it would make a great scout. Or you could pack it with explosives and use it as a kamikaze without wasting too many pieces. Overall, two well built, racist ships.
Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?
Captain Nomouth
Officer

Postby ahp77 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:15 pm

<potato>LOLETH</potato>
ahp77
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Tiny Tank Rannon » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:30 am

That chopper needs an ejection seat, because everyone knows a pilot without an aircraft is a dead pilot anyway.

otherwise, great.
Tiny Tank Rannon
Cannon Fodder

Return to Bricks