7649: MT-201 Ultra-Drill Walker

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, fredde, ikensall

7649: MT-201 Ultra-Drill Walker

Postby Jaye Tea » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:23 pm

Hey I just ordered this online, so I was wondering anyone here have it, or seen it in person. every review I have seen was really positive. It'll also be my first mars mission set. Its really the only one that really seeemed awesome...
Jaye Tea
Officer

Postby Shaeph » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:06 pm

OMG awesome!
I havent seen it yet anywhere
(Reminds me of the scarab from halo)
Shaeph
Cannon Fodder

Postby Tarren » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:08 am

for brikwars..
hm..
Modify the drill to make it a large lazar cannon, that way you have a giant mobile weapon.
of course, we were ALL thinking that.
I just got to it first.
Tarren
Dimmy

Postby Theblackdog » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:52 am

It needs a bunch of smaller guns on the head and legs to supplement the main cannon.  A Hero could run underneath it, avoid the stomping legs, jump up onto the body, and kill the pilot or foul up some vital mechanism.  Besides, having it charge through a swarm of enemy infantry with its guns blazing would be too awesome a sight to pass up.  Other than that, this is probably the most Brikwars-compatible Mars Mission set ever.
Theblackdog
Pooplord

Postby Erasmas » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:21 am

I saw this one the last time I was in the LEGO store and almost picked it up. It is very cool-looking and is an impressive size to boot!

There is another Mission to Mars set that they just came out with that has a small-sized mech in it. I just laughed to myself because it reminded me of the hardsuit threads on this board.
TROLOLO
Erasmas
Hero

Postby Almighty Benny » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:06 pm

Theblackdog wrote:It needs a bunch of smaller guns on the head and legs to supplement the main cannon.  A Hero could run underneath it, avoid the stomping legs, jump up onto the body, and kill the pilot or foul up some vital mechanism.  Besides, having it charge through a swarm of enemy infantry with its guns blazing would be too awesome a sight to pass up.  Other than that, this is probably the most Brikwars-compatible Mars Mission set ever.

personally, I would rather see it charge through a swarm of enemy infantry as is. The giant drill would also solve the first problem you mentioned. In a pinch, it should be able to launch the drill like a missile and then self destruct.
Almighty Benny
Jaw-Jaw

Return to Bricks