Stop Motion

The wide crazy world of art and also stuff

Moderators: Arkbrik, Hoboman

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:44 pm

you make realistic blood by mixing ketchup and red paint this preaty mutch is permanent though so you can say that dimmy blood leaves a penament stain if anyone asks

King of Brix
Minifig

Post by King of Brix » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:31 pm

Reality sucks. Deal with it.
Red Clay Studios Click here, and read my latest battle report! More coming soon.

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:44 pm

It's amazing how much better you're getting with each movie.

King of Brix
Minifig

Post by King of Brix » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:51 pm

Thanks. We're switching animation programs for our next one for sure, because in it a Dim-Jaw gets killed, and 13 FPS isn't going to cut it for blood tsunami-ing out at thousands of kilometers an hour. Glad you liked it Mike. Also, if you didn't read our apology in our battle report thread, we apologize for the lack of today's battle report, but stuff happened and we ended up not having enough time to do a lot except watch Monty Python. Also, we promise a good one as soon as possible. We'll make it long, and as a bonus apology, many peaches will die.
Red Clay Studios Click here, and read my latest battle report! More coming soon.

Almighty Benny
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Almighty Benny » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:36 pm

Cool, I like the RPG battle feel of the skeleton one. If I had to pick an ending for the second one, I would guess that they sit down and have a spot of tea. But then someone fires a train bomb at them and the whole castle explodes.

Also the Chevelle song fit well with the skeleton battle, good choice.
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...

Leonardo812
Nice Dubs

Post by Leonardo812 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:09 pm

Blitzen wrote:Dude, these are a bunch of plastic miniatures killing each other. And how would you get a realistic type of blood without resorting to the computer? I would hate to have to go through each frame to add blood myself.

EDIT: Especially on rotating shots.
A few ways. Possibly in a 3d animation program using a liquid setting. In that case rotations would be easily achieved by rotating the 3d cam to follow the real camera. A little bit of simple masking and you're good. The hardest part would be animating the liquid.

Also, Detonationfilms has some really nice blood explosions and stuff all ready for chroma keying. That would really make it a piece of cake.

If the character's getting shot, you could do it manually. It would only take editing about 3 frames, then adding a wall splatter and some drips. Those wouldn't be too hard either.

So yes, it is possible. And not actually too hard, either.

Red Clay
Champion
Champion

Post by Red Clay » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:17 pm

Sound cool but i think We'll stick with clay hence our site Red CLAY studios. Thanks for all the tips thought they help a ton.

Leonardo812
Nice Dubs

Post by Leonardo812 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:24 pm

Yes. Unless you are willing to spend the time to learn an advanced program, stick with clay or ketchup or something. In the future, that stuff is a possibility, but if I were you, I'd spend that time animating. :)

And Rayhawk's right. You're improving drastically.

Red Clay
Champion
Champion

Post by Red Clay » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:05 pm

Hey i'm hoping to get a stop motion up somtime this week. It wil be complete with sound and background and effects. It also features one of the most hated creatures in Brikwars history a dimjaw. So expect lots of blood. So check red-clay-sudios between tus and thurs.

Red Clay
Champion
Champion

Post by Red Clay » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:19 pm

the next stp motion will be up tommorow so enjoy
Correction it is up right now LOL.

Leonardo812
Nice Dubs

Post by Leonardo812 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:20 pm

Not bad. The animation wasn't bad at all. It's definitely getting better every film. Try to cut down on camera bumps a little more.

Also, again vary your camera angles. That's kind of the difference between a professional-looking brickfilm and a beginner brickfilm. In your first film I think that you did that a little bit. Get some closeup shots. I don't know if you saw my little Brikwars trailer, but you'll notice that instead of using massively wide and long camera angles, I did a lot of closeups. It will add to the realism. Real films hardly ever use those big, high camera angles. They use lower, closer angles.

Wow. :shock: You got a little happy with the blood there, huh. For a minute there I thought it was Old Faithful. Then I realized it was red and coming out of his chest.

If I were you, I would make an account on Brickfilms.com and post your films in the Post and Review forum. You will get a lot of constructive criticism there, as well as see other people's films.
Warning: They don't like gory films there. Don't expect high praise from them.

Red Clay
Champion
Champion

Post by Red Clay » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:41 pm

LOL thanks i gather as much. anyways this is the frist of three films. The reason i had no close ups is because I shot it on a brik wars feild and coludent get my camra any closer to the action.

Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Post by Moronstudios » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:43 pm

I saw diw jaw, it was funny (nobody likes you)
Looking for Vancouver Island players: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1194

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:48 pm

Hmm, good start, but next time: more blood

Leonardo812
Nice Dubs

Post by Leonardo812 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:55 pm

Here is a pic of a bullet wound. Just a different technique then clay. Some people use ketchup, too.
Bullet Wound

Also, this pic was done digitally.