what do you think of these

The wide crazy world of art and also stuff

Moderators: Hoboman, Arkbrik

Re: what do you think of these

Postby samuelzz10 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:21 pm

Brikguy0410 wrote:
samuelzz10 wrote:
Brikguy0410 wrote:
samuelzz10 wrote:At school I've been working on some pretty big comics that I'm going to move from note book paper to actual paper so I scan it and print it out real neat and such. I just wanted to know if anyone would give a shit about possibly buying any of these if I sold them as a PDF? (BTW, I will have a preview comic unrelated to any of these available soon)

-the KKK: A superhero group called the Kool Krime Killers causes a lot of trouble and ruins everyone's lives, yet is still funded by the government. Most of the heroes in the team have no powers, and not in a Batman way, no powers as in "can't do anything useful".

-Adventures of Kaptian boss: self explanatory. Dick nipples included.

-ZazzTazz: A story about a guy from the previous universe who survived, but the Fonz is trying to ruin his life. It makes more sense in context, so I'll just post a preview later.

Answer: nope

The fact you don't like any of these ideas motivates me to complete them further.
tip:you may have to cut out the dick nipples if you want to sell these in school, unless you enjoy ISS

I wouldn't sell these in school, mainly because nobody carries money unless they buy lunch (as in, 5 people)

Ross_Varn wrote:If you're set on posting this in some way: make a webcomic. Seriously, just set something up on a hosting site like comicfury and start creating content. You'll develop your own skills and eventually can be at a point where people will actually pay money for it- or, you know, witness ads and buy merch... but that'd be a long way off. Just go for whatever you decide to do. You get better at art by making it.

The thought has definitely passed my mind a few times, but in actual comics you can do weird formats and drag out badly drawn fights and they wont look all that bad because you have a whole page instead of cutting it into little strips. Does ComicFury allow different strips to be different sizes?
Spoiler: show
my old sig

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby samuelzz10 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:34 pm

Well, here it is! My first scanned comic made entirely for demonstrative purposes! Please note-
1: This is not based off an actually decent draft I would want to show people. This comic is very mediocre, and it does have a lame pun.
2: This is not in any future comic's cannon, so don't think anything in this comic means anything.
3: That's all I have to say.
So, here is the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x88cw80impfh9ce/Scan%201.pdf
my old sig

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby Ross_Varn » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:41 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:The thought has definitely passed my mind a few times, but in actual comics you can do weird formats and drag out badly drawn fights and they wont look all that bad because you have a whole page instead of cutting it into little strips. Does ComicFury allow different strips to be different sizes?

I don't actually know, but what I've heard of CF is that it's entirely customizable. I would guess that you upload image files and they get stuck in whatever comic frame you have set up.

I keep a sketchbook on me that I try to just use for doodles, notes and small sketches to keep drawing throughout the day- it visibly improves your skills when you're constantly practicing. Also, you're a big fat liar. I counted three puns, and at least twice as many extraneous sexual characteristics. So, good start, I guess!
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby Arkbrik » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:20 am

The comic does a good job of conveying the plight of the American white middle class teenager; the portrayal of the parents is interesting in particular. It is pretty funny about it which is good. The art style is simple but expressive. I don't think people would pay just to read the comic. Making a webcomic out of it and selling prints/pdfs with bonus material is probably a better idea.
Remus: Harry... I'm a werewolf.
Harry: Are you fucking serious?
Remus: Well yes, but I don't see how that applies here.
Arkbrik
Pooplord

Postby samuelzz10 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:27 pm

Arkbrik wrote:The comic does a good job of conveying the plight of the American white middle class teenager;

Hah, thanks! I was really just trying to make him look like an asshole, but that works too.
Arkbrik wrote: the portrayal of the parents is interesting in particular.

Elaborate.
Arkbrik wrote: The art style is simple but expressive.

Thanks, I don't know if you're just being kind or if you really mean this. All of what I draw is derived from Dan Paladin, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Paladin but gradually I started making things look more proportionate to people (in my eyes, at least) and that's how I made all my current stuff.
Arkbrik wrote: I don't think people would pay just to read the comic. Making a webcomic out of it and selling prints/pdfs with bonus material is probably a better idea.

Yeah, this sounds like the best idea.
Ross_Varn wrote: Also, you're a big fat liar. I counted three puns, and at least twice as many extraneous sexual characteristics. So, good start, I guess!

I swear, I re-read this comic 3 times to try and find the other 2 puns. I think I found them, and I would like to let you know the only intentional one was the "no fly zone" joke.
my old sig

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby Natalya » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:50 pm

Dear Samuelzz10,
That comic sucked. If I wanted to offer constructive advice, it would be for you to keep drawing so that you get better at drawing, and for you to use a computer to replace your illegible handwriting.

Better luck next time,
Natalya
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.

Postby samuelzz10 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:59 pm

Natalya wrote:your illegible handwriting.

I feel offended.
my old sig

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby Natalya » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:33 pm

I know I'm being a bitch, but honestly, your fly man is complete rubbish, probably racist, and should have his constant hard-on checked by a doctor. I've seen lots of other artists become completely obsessed with dicks and they totally lost all their talent. Threebrain for example was making really funny shit until he suddenly had an erection and couldn't stop drawing dicks. The quality of his videos went to hell and he stopped making things.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya

Postby samuelzz10 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:49 pm

Natalya wrote:I know I'm being a bitch, but honestly, your fly man is complete rubbish, probably racist, and should have his constant hard-on checked by a doctor. I've seen lots of other artists become completely obsessed with dicks and they totally lost all their talent. Threebrain for example was making really funny shit until he suddenly had an erection and couldn't stop drawing dicks. The quality of his videos went to hell and he stopped making things.

He isn't racist. He's an American. To assume he's Asian because of his name is racist.
my old sig

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Previous

Return to Artwork