Line of duty

The wide crazy world of art and also stuff

Moderators: Hoboman, Arkbrik

Re: Line of duty

Postby Battlegrinder » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:36 pm

Brikguy0410 wrote:So, you want me to kill myself, way to rip off sam most of the board

:ftfy:

"There's suspension of disbelief and then there's insulting my fucking intelligence"
Noah Antwiler
Battlegrinder
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Quantumsurfer » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:53 pm

I'm telling you. Warriors. I can't help but imagine the rest of the forum circling Brikguy in a hoopty clanking bottles together.
Should be a forum battle.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Tzan » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:39 pm

Coke bottles.
Tzan
Blockguy

Postby samuelzz10 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:34 pm

I have made a Webcomic out of Lego before, and I think it's worth giving some advise, even though you likely will never go through with this.

First, this website will show you some ropes of brick comics: http://www.brickcomicnetwork.com/blog/

Secondly, I did have a Brick comic on the web for a while. It never materialized into much, (other than 30 odd strips from 2 different series) but what I can tell you is
1- Reading comics with bad photo quality is unbearable. I never got into the S-team because the older comics looked like a huge load of shit. Thankfully, phone cameras are getting pretty great. I assume you're going to do all of this with your phone camera, so just focus and make sure your shadow doesn't kill the whole shot.

2- To properly light an area, get a lamp and tape a piece of paper on it. This will evenly diffuse the light, as to not make the comic too abrasive to look at. If you have no lamps, at very least wait for natural lighting and shoot near a window.

3- If you're going to update this on a daily, weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, whatever basis, rather than making a short comic and releasing it as a one shot, it may be a good idea to make strips days ahead of time to keep on top of things.

4- Don't post text underneath your pictures if you're going to make this in Artwork, because then it just belongs in the SOB. To make text bubbles, you have to do some Microsoft word wizardry (or use a program for free I unfortunately never knew of) to add them, which sucks ass because it actually takes effort.

5- My final piece of advice is don't continue the strip if you have no gratification. If you really don't like it, don't do it. Because of my dumb bitch math teacher in 5 (and 6th, we had a weird school) grade, I got waaaay too much fucking homework. I had barely any time to work on my comic, and even then that wasn't fun because I preferred playing video games. Needless to say, I stopped updating that comic, and I just have to say don't make your comic if you don't enjoy doing it.
Spoiler: show
my old sig

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby BFenix » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:00 am

Quantumsurfer wrote:I'm telling you. Warriors. I can't help but imagine the rest of the forum circling Brikguy in a hoopty clanking bottles together.
Should be a forum battle.
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby Janardenz » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:49 am

I swear this topic really interesting to read i was amaze when i read the details about. i have to read more about the topic so i know whats all about.
Janardenz
God of BrikWars

Postby motorhead fan » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:34 am

You only had 700 hundred worlds, and anyway, i thought Colette left you about 350, isn't that enough?

<Motorheadfan>: Paper cuts for everyone!
motorhead fan
mine is one or two inches longer now

Previous

Return to Artwork