my silent voice

The wide crazy world of art and also stuff

Moderators: Hoboman, Arkbrik

The Lt's Alt
Champion
Champion
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:56 pm

Post by The Lt's Alt » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:37 pm

Literature?
Im his Alt.

User avatar
Magic Soap
Playmobil
Posts: 1654
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:19 pm
Location: 1 Nautical Mile from Imhotep and Lord Scotland
Contact:

Post by Magic Soap » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:51 am

On the subject, I just read this thread. "Careless Whispers" was the highlight of that whole thread.

User avatar
aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Posts: 2666
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:41 pm
Location: Ottawa

Post by aoffan23 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:28 pm

Knowledge?
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

User avatar
Warhead
kaka pants
Posts: 7300
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:07 pm
Location: I'm Momnipresent.

Post by Warhead » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:38 pm

It's your Johnny watsit, yar ding dong, yar hairy swingin' hingers. :D

Nah, only joking, it's religion. :roll:
Image

User avatar
Ross_Varn
draw a MILLION socks and only then shall you become the MASTER
draw a MILLION socks and only then shall you become the MASTER
Posts: 3935
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

Post by Ross_Varn » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:47 pm

Aw damn.

I just reread the poem. The answer is Intelligence.

Runny, if you don't tell us, I'll chase you down with a wet flapjack.

Tuefish
Dimmy
Posts: 582
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:26 am
Location: The Emerald city

Post by Tuefish » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:05 am

I'm gonna guess either Knowledge or History (History really only being Knowledge of past events).
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back." -Malcolm Reynolds
Image

User avatar
pesgores
The Dear Leader
Posts: 2886
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:47 am
Location: Looking for baseplates

Post by pesgores » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:28 pm

Poetry sucks. It's for pussies.

Awesome quotes, however, aren't.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
Image

User avatar
MasterEcabob
Jaw-Jaw
Posts: 837
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:27 pm
Location: Lurking...

Post by MasterEcabob » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:44 pm

Oh hallo there Pezgoarodrgoarasas, good to see you adding something constructive to this thread.

Where was I? Ah yes, I'm going to guess words.
jifel wrote:"Any fool can make something bigger and more dangerous, but it takes an intelligent man to do the opposite."

As if we care. More explosives!

User avatar
Ogel96
Dimmy
Posts: 622
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:41 am
Location: Somewhere over the painbow.
Contact:

Post by Ogel96 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:24 pm

Clap. Clap. Clap.

Finally someone gets it. It's writing/words/that general sort of thing.
My doctor says I have an obsession with vengance. We'll just see about that
My 550th post was "JANE-FREAKIN-GOODALL".
I called the Ghostbusters in my 600th post.

User avatar
BFenix
Pooplord
Posts: 4108
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:13 pm
Location: City Of Ravens (Lisbon)
Contact:

Post by BFenix » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:24 am

pesgores wrote:Poetry sucks. It's for pussies.

Awesome quotes, however, aren't.
Dude, how can you say that?
Didnt High School teach you nothing? Camões?
Image

User avatar
Nitewatchman
Dimmy
Posts: 667
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Pants.
Contact:

Post by Nitewatchman » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:11 pm

Ogel96 wrote:Clap. Clap. Clap.

Finally someone gets it. It's writing/words/that general sort of thing.
Oh. I thought it was about J+B's flacid penis or something...

...Yeah, I didn't even read the poem.
Silverdream wrote:MOST UNLIKED BY SILVERDREAM
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

WINNER: Nitewatchman

User avatar
pesgores
The Dear Leader
Posts: 2886
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:47 am
Location: Looking for baseplates

Post by pesgores » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:39 am

BFenix wrote:
pesgores wrote:Poetry sucks. It's for pussies.

Awesome quotes, however, aren't.
Dude, how can you say that?
Didnt High School teach you nothing? Camões?
I hate Camões because the way they make you learn it in classes is AGONIZING an PAINFUL to the extreme. The poetry inside it is very inspiring, yes, but BORING if you have to stop every verse to understand the meaning of each word.

Gil Vicente, however, is cool :D
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
Image

User avatar
RunsWithLegos
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
Posts: 2191
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:45 pm
Location: Colorado, USA

Post by RunsWithLegos » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:05 pm

in a bit.

User avatar
Magic Soap
Playmobil
Posts: 1654
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:19 pm
Location: 1 Nautical Mile from Imhotep and Lord Scotland
Contact:

Post by Magic Soap » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:26 am

pesgores wrote:
I hate Camões
But he's considered one of the masters of Portuguese Poetry!

User avatar
lrdofbricks
Jaw-Jaw
Posts: 849
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:35 am
Location: delaWhere?

Post by lrdofbricks » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:23 am

wow is it really GOD
Image
LEGION- fear it
the 100000 post- by me
"manliness= X(warhead+piltog)^2/James+burgandy"

Post Reply