Whirlwind(UU short)

The wide crazy world of art and also stuff

Moderators: Hoboman, Arkbrik

Whirlwind(UU short)

Postby 501stCadians » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:57 pm

So, i've been tossing this around for a while now, and thought i'd get an idea as to what you all would think about it.

Chapter I

Rear Admiral James Clavell strode at a steady pace down the corridor of the Immortal Battleship Imperious. Taking a left down the hall marked TACTICAL, he stepped through the doorway into a room filled with information banks. Clasping his hands behind his back, he took a moment to survey the men working there. It was while he was doing this that an Ensign approached him.

"Sir, as predicted by Lord Warhead, the Universal Union has defected to the Assyrian side. There are standing orders that upon that, you are to open these sealed orders." The Ensign handed Clavell an envelope marked with the Imperial Seal. As the Ensign saluted and walked off, the Admiral was left wondering what these orders contained. He turned and walked towards the bridge, tucking the envelope in his uniform as he did.

Emerging onto the bridge, he looked out the forward window ports proudly on his fleet. The immense armada of battleships, troop transports, and frigates hung menacingly over the freshly conqured Fico. Taking the envelope back out, he slid his finger along the top, ripping it open. Unfolding the letter inside, he read the orders:

Rear Admrial Clavell,

It is of my opionon that those sneaky bastards that call themselves the UU will backstab us shortly after Fico now that the Assyrians, a major trading partner, have signed on like Bonn-o-Tron. As a result, when this happens, you are to take the 186th Combat Fleet to the Tau-137 system and take the UU research station there. They will not expect a strike this close to Assyrian Territory, and as such it is believed it is lightly defended.

- Lord Warhead

James Clavell sighed and placed the letter on his lap.
"Lt. Black."
The Lieutenant turned from his console and saluted.
"Send orders for the fleet to form on our ship, and lay a course for the fleet to Tau-137. We are assaulting the backstabbing Unioners. I want it sent from Communications with nobody else in the room- maximum secrecy."
"Aye Sir."
Black saluted sharply, and walked off the bridge. Clavell turned in his chair staring at the doors as they shut behind the Lieutenant.
"There is something funny about that man..."

Chapter II

Lt. Black strode into communications, envelope in hand.
"By order of Rear Admiral Clavell, everyone in this room is to clear for transmission of private orders."
Grumbling, the various Spacemen and Ensigns got up, and filed out of the room. Lt. Black sealed the doors, and engaged the blast doors behind them.
Cracking his fingers, he sat down at a communications console. Typing in the orders for the fleet to lay course for Tau-137. Sending the data stream out, he quickly attached a small device to the bottom of the console.

Thousands of AU away, the Communications station in the Tau-137 research labs bliped. The Assyrian marine manning the station grabbed the printout, reading it. Covering his ear, he radioed his superiors.

"Maj. Natayla."
"Speaking."
"We just received news from Black that Immortal forces are gearing to attack us."
"Shit. This is the last thing we needed. I'll inform 501st. Set Condition Z."
"Aye Aye, Ma'am."

To be Continued...[/u]
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!

Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.
501stCadians
My Little Pony

Postby Ross_Varn » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:40 pm

Shouldn't Clavell be fully unaware of Black's treachery? Looks like a good start.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby enders_shadow » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:53 pm

agreed, this is nicely done. It was actually a fun read, hope this continues much like the epics of Shadowscythe :)
TROLOLO
enders_shadow
Playmobil

Postby 501stCadians » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:11 pm

Chapter III

Maj. Natayla walked into the office of Matthew "501st" Cadians and promptly put the visor down on her helemt, activating the rebreather. It looked and smelledlike he had not left his office for at least a week. Kicking aside discarded pizza boxes, she navigated her way through the mess to what she thought was his desk. She couldn't tell from the mess nor the immense stacks of papers on it. She tried to peer over, but to no avail.
Clearing her throat, she spoke-

"Mr. Cadia-"
"JESUS WHAT THE FUCK"
The outburst was followed by a loud WHOOMP and a flutter of papers. Knocking the papers aside, the Maj found that 501st had fallen over.
She tried not to laugh as a extremely irritated 501st picked himself up from the floor.

"This better be important."
"It is. An Immortal Fleet is coming here, to attack."
"Oh. Well. That's a problem."
501st started dusting his suit off.
"I'd say that it is. I've set the Venus to condition Z."
"Very well. Send the fleet into orbit. ALEXIS, please set condition Z in the base. Oh, and clean this office up."
With that command sirens howled and lights flashed.
" CONDITION Z. CONDITION Z. ALL PERSONNEL TO YOUR BATTLE STATIONS."
Around the base, Union Regulars leapt from mess halls and barracks to the armories and got equipped. UUOWV-025 PanzerKampfWagen I tank engines rumbled in the hangers where they were kept, and Overwatch speeders flashed out into the jungles of Tau-137.
Back in the office, a dozen men filed in, armed to the teeth. Behind them, the four men of 501st's bodyguard. The last man to step in put on his patrol cap.

"Col. Potzan."
" Sir. Forces assembled."
501st turned, and clasped his hands behind his back.
"Then it is time we defend our home."

Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.
501stCadians
My Little Pony

Postby Ross_Varn » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:35 pm

Ahaha, gotta love physical humor. Flawlessly executed. Let's see the rest!
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby 501stCadians » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:51 pm

Chapter IV

On the outreaches of Tau-137, multiple pinpricks of light showed the arrival of the Immortal Fleet. Admiral Clavell sat in his command chair and awaited conformation that the fleet was ready to move.

Lt. Black turned in his chair. "Admiral, we are ready to move. The planet of Tau-137 is 1.57 AU away, we should arrive in less than an hour at maximum Impulse."

" Do it then. Move out."

The immense fleet began moving out, spherical in shape. Cruisers and Dreadnoughts formed the outer layer, whilst the Imperious sat in the center with the troopships. Minutes ticked by, ever so slowly.

Chapter V
150,500 Kilometers and 45 degrees down from the fleet sat the Venus, cleverly cloaked thanks to the experimental "cloak bubble" ship Rouge, the Venus, four Union torpedo cruisers and the carrier Trenton sat in plain sight of the Immortal fleet. The Immortal fleet crept onward. Mah. Natayla tapped her fingers on her pilot's chair.

"Ma'am! First Immortal ships have hit the minefield!"
"Order the Rouge to decloak, and tell the ships to open fire."
With a a bright flash, the cloak around the ships went down. The four Union cruisers's fronts opened, and the nuclear-tipped torpedoes rocketed out of the torpedo tubes. The launch tubes of the Trenton opened up, and with bright flashes Hellfire Gunships and Starlighter fighters raced out of the tubes.

501stCadians
My Little Pony

Postby 501stCadians » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:58 pm

Chapter VI

The two fleets smashed into each other with the force of a thousand hammers. An Immortal battleship was cloven in twain by the barrage of nuclear torpedoes.
Admiral Clavell started screaming orders.
"Helmsman! Get us turned to port! Gunnery!"
Clavell whipped around in his chair.
"I want a targeting scheme plotted out against those torpedo cruisers and broadcasting to our ships."
"Aye Sir. I'll get rig-"
The ensign was thrown to the ground as the ship rocked.
"Damage control!"
"We've got a bad breach over port decks 23,24,and 25, Admiral."
"Seal them."
The ensign looked shocked.
"We have men down there, sir."
"Not anymore," grunted Clavell as he punched the button to seal the decks. "Now we have corpses."
"Sir, we have those crusiers locked in and targeted."
"Fire."
Beam weapons on board the Imperious lanced out at one of the Union ships, going up the ship's keel and hitting the engine. The stern of the ship blew up, and moments later the front blossomed in an immense mushroom cloud as the remainder of the torpedoes went up.
++++++++++++++++++++
"Union Base, this is Venus, over."
"Venus, this is Union Base, we copy."
"Venus is pulling out, repeat, Venus is pulling out. OPFOR fleet too strong."
"Copy that, Venus. Good luck. Union Base out."

Cadians opened a drawer on his desk, and pulled out a cigar. Opening the shutters of his office, he gazed across the verdant jungles. Lighting his cigar, he muttered-

"So it begins."

He turned to an aide.

"Prepare for ground assault."

501stCadians
My Little Pony

Return to Artwork