Moderators: The Shadowscythe, Quantumsurfer

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

War of the Words (An Arkbrikian Short)

Post by Arkbrik » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:30 pm

Spoiler
Show
Not sure if Colette was finished with his story, but it's been a few days. I do my best to not fuck anyone else's stuff up with this story, and I humbly request that you do not fuck this story up until I'm finished with it :D (hypocrisy much?).
Chapter 1: Raskolnikov

“Why do we still have to guard this place? We’ve won! The A.N. is dead!”

The whining of the Geraldden mercenary elicited grunts of sympathy from his two comrades. They were keeping watch over the abandoned and ruined General Assembly hall in the Allied Nations Headquarters. It felt very pointless, seeing how the Third Alliance was firmly in control, the scared delegates had been sent home, and the rest of the Geraldden troops were out on the town celebrating their victory. And now it was raining too. Who thought it was a good idea to blow up the hall’s roof? The three mercs lit another round of cigarettes and sighed.

Suddenly, the rain stopped. The soldiers glanced upwards. The sky was just as cloudy as before.

Then a huge grey and blue shuttle decloaked above their heads.

“What the fu – “ and the shuttle’s turret guns opened up, splattering the mercs across the hall. It landed, barely getting in through the broken roof. The ramp was lowered, and out strode Vergilius Raskolnikov.

A Proceedings officer and a Propaganda-Team followed in his wake. Vergilius seated himself in the chair reserved for delegates from his empire, the officer took up position at the Secretary-General’s podium, while the Propaganda-Team deployed microphones, cameras and a Sub-Etha-transmitter, set to broadcast live across the galaxy.

“The Third Alliance are fools if they think they can defeat the Allied Nations through conventional methods”, Vergilius mused as his underlings worked. “This is not a war of the battlefield… this is a war decided by words.”

“All set, sir!”

“Good. Begin.” The cameras turned on, and what they filmed showed up in monitors throughout the whole galaxy.

“We hereby return to the election of Secretary-General for the Allied Nations”, the Proceedings officer began. “The nominees are as follows: Lord Stannis of the Westeros sector, Kommander Alec of the RIN, Emperor Harlek of the MASS, Siri of Trattoria, the unseen leader of the Realm of Storms, and Vergilius Raskolnikov. Cast your votes.”

“I vote for Vergilius Raskolnikov”, Vergilius Raskolnikov said.

”Any other votes?”

The hall was silent.

”Vergilius Raskolnikov is hereby elected Secretary-General of the Allied Nations.”

To be continued...

Thesson
Cannon Fodder

Re: War of the Words (An Arkbrikian Short)

Post by Thesson » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:00 pm

Awwww...Poor grunts

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:15 pm

No, I'm not done. While I would prefer if you were to wait until I am done so that our writings don't accidentally snuggle each other, I can't stop you. Already though, it's dangerously close to scraping with mine.

If you insist on writing this now, could we pm each other the plots of our stories and work out conflicts? I did that with Shadowscythe in case we decided to feature each other, and Cnsidering how much intersection our stories have I think this is a recommendable course of action.

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:51 am

Chapter 2: Heep

Diplomat-Commodore Margaret Heep woke up at 7:00 sharp every morning, and today was no exception. (It had been years since she last used an alarm clock.)

In the clean bathroom of her apartment, deep in the basements of the Allied Nations headquarters, she showered efficiently, taking care to not use too much water or time. She dressed in the practical white attire of the Allied Nations armed forces, and prepared a healthy breakfast. Yoghurt with blueberries, fiber bread and orange juice. As she ate she accessed the internal network of the A.N. on her computer to see what had happened while she slept.

The network was down. Strange.

Margaret brushed her teeth thoroughly, and went out into the corridor. She called the elevator. A minute passed, and it did not show up. Strange.

Margaret headed for the stairs. She had counted 37 major breaches of protocol since waking up. Something was very wrong.

To be continued...

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:55 pm

Chapter 3: NightOwl

The bar’s television had been showing the Brokkian Ultra-Cricket finale a few moments ago. Now it showed some lunatic electing himself Secretary-General of the Allied Nations.

“Aw, shit”, NightOwl sighed. “Back to work, boys.”

Reluctantly, the Geraldden mercenaries left the bar, to conquer the Allied Nations headquarters a second time.

To be continued...

Thesson
Cannon Fodder

Post by Thesson » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:21 pm

Oh hey there's NightOwl again!

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:57 am

Chapter 4: Rebirth of the Alliance

“I am honored to be entrusted with the position of Secretary-General of the Allied Nations”, Vergilius Raskolnikov said to the camera, in his most responsible voice. “The Third Alliance believes it has destroyed the A.N. today. Nothing could be farther from the truth. The A.N. has been reborn; better and stronger; under me.”

“Now, as stated in my nomination, I have supreme control over all A.N. member nations. I am expecting vows of fealty from all heads of state within the hour. You will have the privilege of being my lieutenants when we conquer the Third – “

Vergilius tried to continue, but it was impossible somehow. He looked down, and saw a blue beamsaber blade sticking out of his stomach.

Behind Vergilius, Margaret Heep put her gun to the back of his head, and blew his brains out. All over the Propaganda-Team.

“Aaah! Stop the camera! Stop the – “ Margaret pulled out her beamsaber from Vergilius’ corpse and cut down the panicking broadcasters. The Proceedings officer reached for his gun, but Margaret took him down with her own.

She was disgusted by the flagrant breach of protocol that Vergilius Raskolnikov had committed. Hopefully the galaxy would be as well. She looked around the ruined Assemly hall. There was nothing to do about it, it was lost. She would have to carry out the Emergency Restoration Procedure. Fortunately she had memorized all of it.

Margaret entered Vergilius’ shuttle, cloaked it, and took off. She headed for orbit as confused Geraldden mercenaries poured into the Assembly hall, where they found nothing to shoot but corpses.

Margaret left the atmosphere, flew around some giant epic space battle or another, and continued into the void. The Allied Nations would be reborn. Properly.

To be continued...