Experimental weapons

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Magic Soap
Playmobil

Post by Magic Soap » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:56 pm

Scoped Shotgun

Damage: 1D10

Range: 6"

Use: 4

CP: 10

Notes: Gets a +10 damage modifier when targeting an enemy over 15" away.

+1 CP for a torch for finding your parked car in the dark.

trebnos1
Cannon Fodder

Post by trebnos1 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:43 pm

Arkbrik wrote:Yup, it's called Warhammer 40,000.
Hrm? I was thinking Portal... didn't you ever play that computer game?
Epic idea though, I will steal it shamelessly. I'd never thought of including a Portal Gun in Brikwars.

And just for the record, I think the concept of a scoped shotgun is unforgivably stupid. It defies the entire point of a shotgun... and I notice that you gave it a range of 6", but a bonus at... 15" range?

Massam
Dimmy

Post by Massam » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:02 pm

Slugs, and sabots. They both are 50 cal rounds that really hurt when they hit you.

"Shotguns...now at all ranges!"
everyone < massam

trebnos1
Cannon Fodder

Post by trebnos1 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:34 pm

Yes, and neither round has anything to do with a shotgun :\
A shotgun is defined as a smoothbore weapon that fires a special type of bullet, scattershot, at relatively short range. Anything else is better defined as a rifle, or a cannon. Shotguns are incapable of accuracy at range, because the barrels aren't rifled.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:30 pm

You're talking about SHOT rounds. Slug and Sabot rounds have everything to do with shotguns too. The ranges for these last two are better obviously but they are still not AS accurate or long ranged as you can expect from a RIFLE. But, the different rounds make the modern shotgun a good option in lots of situations. The SMG was the favoured weapon for Urban Pacification and room sweeping but now the Automatic Shotgun has far surpassed them in everything but bulk and the ability to conceal them on your person.

Shot should do more damage (2D6?) at close range (3"?) but only to one target while doing less damage (1D6+3?) at longer range (6"?) but with the ability of hitting more targets (anything within 1" of target?)

Slug should provide solid armour defeating rules and damage. Say, 2D6 damage up to 12" range and all armour is halve value round down. HOWEVER, if you want to be really technical then mini-figs without armour only suffer 1D6 damage due to over penetration.

SABOT should be far more accurate and should be available for both the above shells but are far more rare. I would take both the rules above and increase all ranges by +3"

Argh! See what you've all made me do?!? This is far too rules like for Brikwars. :?

Massam
Dimmy

Post by Massam » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:32 pm

Actually..you [trebnos1] would be wrong.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shotgun_slug
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slug_barrel
I own three shotguns...I think I know what I'm talking about.
everyone < massam

Massam
Dimmy

Post by Massam » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:38 pm

Shotguns like to go through people.
everyone < massam

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:19 pm

Silverdream wrote:Warhead...over-penetration..Whaa?
Overpenetration: It's when you have to use another, 'cause this ones burst.

Or

Armour piercing bullets achieve their effect by having a hardened shaped core that slices through armour when they hit. If no armour is present then the bullet will go right through a soft target (person) while only making a small hole, this is called Over Penetrating the target. Still deadly but not as deadly as most bullets which are designed to either tumble or shatter on impact within the body.

I like the idea of duel purpose rounds with a hardened tungsten core sheathed in a lead bullet. The lead acts as a dum-dum round on fleshy targets while the core acts as armour piercing, so best of both worlds.

Tuefish
Dimmy

Post by Tuefish » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:34 pm

Flechettes.
They do both, an arrow-shaped bolt, which penetrates armor, while the fins break off inside soft targets.
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back." -Malcolm Reynolds

dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish
Now with added tractor fetish

Post by dilanski » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:31 am

Gravometric Implosion Grenade:-

When thrown the GIG creates a 3" radius gravity well that implodes on itself, any and all living creatures are immediately mushed into a tiny space.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

trebnos1
Cannon Fodder

Post by trebnos1 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:40 pm

Massam wrote:Actually..you [trebnos1] would be wrong.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shotgun_slug
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slug_barrel
I own three shotguns...I think I know what I'm talking about.
Hm. I stand corrected.
How about this:
Timeslip Cannon
Cost: Who cares, seriously.
Use: Something fairly high, depending on size
Size: whatever
Range: 12"
Damage: n/a
Effect: Upon impact, warps the target minifig forward 1-3 turns in time. Basically, the minifig is removed from the field and replaced after the set number of turns in the same spot (say, after someone's left dynamite there).

Massam
Dimmy

Post by Massam » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:50 pm

Odd...I would personally rather park a tank in the position, but that's just me.
everyone < massam

trebnos1
Cannon Fodder

Post by trebnos1 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:36 pm

See, but that could get awkward. What if the minifig shows up inside the tank, like, fused with it?
Come to think of it, this could have more potential than I first thought.
I still like the portal-gun idea best though. Whose was that again? I'm stealing it for my next BrikWar.