Star wars Battlefront supplement

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

LocoJoe
Champion
Champion
Location: Neck deep in bat-piranhas(the worst kind of piranhas).

Star wars Battlefront supplement

Post by LocoJoe » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:52 pm

One of my favourite starwars games is something you may have heard of called Battlefront 2. so i decided to make a Brik Wars scenario thing-a-ma-bob. so here it is. There are ten mini-figs on each team. and there are 5-6 Command posts scattered throughout the field, and
(you might find this a little unfair) when killed, a mini-fig can re-spon at any command post you want him to. the goal is to capture all C.P.s(command posts) on the field. to capture a C.P., a mini-fig must enter within 2 inches of the C.P., and wait there all of his next turn.

So, what do you think? if you'd like to change or add anything, I'd be happy to help.

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Re: Star wars Battlefront supplement

Post by samuelzz10 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:45 pm

LocoJoe wrote:One of my favourite starwars games is something you may have heard of called Battlefront 2. so I decided to make a Brik Wars scenario thing-a-ma-bob. so here it is. There are ten mini-figs on each team. and there are 5-6 Command posts scattered throughout the field, and
(you might find this a little unfair) when killed, a mini-fig can re-spon at any command post you want him to. the goal is to capture all C.P.s(command posts) on the field. to capture a C.P., a mini-fig must enter within 2 inches of the C.P., and wait there all of his next turn.

So, what do you think? if you'd like to change or add anything, I'd be happy to help.
My friend and I play it all the time. anyways, all Units should only be able to respawn 20 times. when you capture all the cps OR kill all the enimes you should win.
Spoiler
Show
my old sig
WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum

Davoth
Champion
Champion

Post by Davoth » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:00 pm

I'm agreeing, each mini-fig should only be able to re-spawn a certain number of times, else the game might last a long time.

Also, I play Star Wars Battlefront II and it's the SHIT.
Me and my friends play it whenever we get together (know one pervert that, please, just planning ahead)

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:55 pm

I wish I had Live. I would find you all and have a brutal death-match royal on Endor.

...why do I daydream about this stuff...

Also, have you guys heard of Battlefront III? Not the sucky PsP releases, the real thing.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:46 am

It will be hard to keep track of exactly how many times a unit has respawned. And if they can respawn at any command post, then it will be next to impossible to take a command post from the enemy.

An alternative would be to have a single spawn point which cannot be taken by the enemy, where all your guys respawn.

RagnarokRose

Post by RagnarokRose » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:55 am

This is where pips come in handy, arkbrik...

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:07 pm

Why not a number value for re-spawn, call it the spawn pool. This depletes for each re-spawn and each unit has it's own value attributed to it, so say a generic unit would be cheaper to re-spawn than a heavy. Once your Spawn Pool has dried up then no more re-spawning. This means you can still keep the re-spawn at any point idea too. Sites should be allowed to be captured so that you can also choke an opponents re-spawn options, provides another way to win and gets everyone off their marks from the start so less turtling. It's also more like the game, which I was a grand master of.

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:39 pm

Sounds good. And then you can have a few items (power packs?) scattered around the battlefield (in dangerous locations!) that, when brought to one of your command posts, give you extra respawn points.

RagnarokRose

Post by RagnarokRose » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:39 pm

Was that buttplugged? "The Game"?

Maybe you mean Warhammer 40k, I've poked around in your picture repository before.

EDIT: Nvmind, you meant Battlefront.

Magic Soap
Playmobil

Post by Magic Soap » Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:23 pm

Ross_Varn wrote:I wish I had Live. I would find you all and have a brutal death-match royal on Endor.

...why do I daydream about this stuff...

Also, have you guys heard of Battlefront III? Not the sucky PsP releases, the real thing.

As far as I am aware, just like what has happened with the release of Lord of The Rings: Conquest, Pandemic Studios has been taken over by EA. Any new games will be mindfucked by this company. The only footage of Battlefront III is a camcorder video at a convention. If it ever will be released, it will be EA'd.

LocoJoe
Champion
Champion

Re: Star wars Battlefront supplement

Post by LocoJoe » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:37 pm

My friend and I play it all the time. anyways, all Units should only be able to respawn 20 times. when you capture all the cps OR kill all the enimes you should win.
Thats a good point. but I think 20 times is a little much, so maybe 15?...

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Post by samuelzz10 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:20 pm

I played it with my friend who just left, and it was kinda fun. I'm probably gonna do it again.
Spoiler
Show
my old sig
WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum

trebnos1
Cannon Fodder

Post by trebnos1 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:12 pm

I like this idea, especially with Warhead's addition. It seems like it'd be a nice way to have a fairly large-scale battle without having to use a ton of units at once; I think I'll try this for my next battle.

LocoJoe
Champion
Champion

Post by LocoJoe » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:24 am

I tried this with ma bro yesterday and it was actually pretty fun. My bro's heroic feats normaly consisted of my hero or my troops loosing all their re-spawns. :shock: but I eventually won. 8)

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:09 am

Just got the second PsP game (for my birthday, of course I didn't pick it out myself). Of course the gameplay is terrible but there are some interesting ideas, like the combined ground/space battle, which I'm planning on incorporating into future games.