The Legavan Empire Strikes Back

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

trebnos1
Cannon Fodder

The Legavan Empire Strikes Back

Post by trebnos1 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:09 pm

Stung by the destruction of the once-mighty Apokalypse Krawler, the Legavan Empire mounts a surprise attack on a Jerk stronghold, hoping to catch Those Jerks and their godlike ruler, S'Lark, off-guard. Unfortunately (for the Jerks), S'Lark chose that moment to go on a business trip, and so was not present to witness the appearance of a fully-equipped Legavan assault force...

Those Jerks wait to fend off attackers from their mighty fort. They are prepared to meet an attack with numerous infantry units, a newly-repaired Self-Propelled Artillery unit, an armored deployment truck with mounted turret, a Sentinel-class light mech, and a stolen Sentry hardsuit, in addition to various wall-mounted weaponry.

Another look at the defenders.

Here's a look at the Sentry hardsuit.

Here is one of the Legavan Empire's medium mechs, a Hunter-class decked out in the garish colors of the Astarte Brigade.

The second mech, a Cinch-class.

The Hunter-class makes the first move, firing two rockets to blow off the armored truck's turret.

Meanwhile, the Cinch blows away a watchtower, wrecking the defenders' chain gun.

The Empire rolls inexorably forward.

A dog.

The SPA takes a shot at the Hunter-class mech and blows off an "arm."

The Sentinel opens fire as well, with a pathetic lack of effect.

A group of Jerks disembark from the burning truck.

An intimidating prospect for the Sentry.

Against the odds, the Sentry hardsuit manages to cripple one of the Cinch's treads, bringing the massive war machine grinding to a halt.

Retribution is swift.

The damaged Hunter is quick to take a shot at its assailant.

Another monumental fail by the Sentinel.

A group of mercs open up on the Hunter's leg and manage to knock off a layer of armor plating.

A simultaneous critical failure by both of the SPA's gunners results in an entertaining backfire.

Reinforcement time! A hovercraft full of the Empire's elite enters from the East, accompanied by an autocannon squad carrying the disassembled components of their deadly weapon.

Meanwhile, Jerks rush to the battle from the inside of their fortress.

The Hunter takes out the Sentinel's cockpit with a precision burst.

Meanwhile, a group of Legavan troops annihilate the driver of the armored truck.

The Jerks' heroine leaps from her watchtower to the disabled Sentinel and uses her twin hand-blasters to shoot out the Hunter's cockpit. The mech is now out of commission.

Ouch. Revenge is close at hand; a Legavan Kommando tries to kill the heroine but merely blows off a hand.

The troops in the hovercraft open fire on the Jerks charging out of their fort, hitting two.

The autocannon squad finishes their assembly even as one of their number is skewered by a female Jerk.

"You shall be avenged!" A lone Legavan trooper runs forward and sets off the fallen Hunter's artillery cannon, with devastating results.

The battle is nearly decided...

The Jerk heroine blows her first assailant's head off, but is killed by one of his comrades.

At this point, it was pretty much over. The Legavan hovercraft came level with the Jerks' wall and its passengers laid waste to the defenders on the wall top with some truly devastating attack rolls.

Recap:
This battle came out a little more one-sided than I expected. Ah well, a good slaughter is enjoyable now and then. The sole purpose for this particular war was to wreck some of my older models so that I could get started on some new projects, and, well, it worked.

trebnos1
Cannon Fodder

Post by trebnos1 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:10 pm

Hm, picture quality came out kinda bad... I'll have to work on that.

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:14 pm

Treb, this battle was completely cool. Well done. It seems you are creating a campaign as you go along...
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

trebnos1
Cannon Fodder

Post by trebnos1 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:39 pm

Thanks! Originally I didn't intend to start a campaign, but it's turning out that way. Those Jerks are just about eliminated now though... I'll have a final battle between the Legavan Empire and S'Lark's last reserves, then I'll have to find a new enemy.

Lego_scout
Champion
Champion

Post by Lego_scout » Sun May 09, 2010 8:01 am

Good battle, but a few blurry pics. Other than that, great!

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sun May 09, 2010 9:44 am

KARNAGE!!! :twisted:

I liked the walkers best.

bigbigdogbig
Hero

Post by bigbigdogbig » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:36 pm

nice i relly liked it :D :D THE HUNTER WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:30 am

Nothing better than hacking apart clonebrand constructions, ace!
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE