Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion
Moderators: IVhorseman, Pwnerade
I keep wondering what rules differnt groups use. Do most of you stick with just the 2005 'core' rules, with an occasional house rule as needed? Or you you use 2005 'core' with additional units and weapons from 2001 'advanced'? Or something more akin to 2005 'core' plus over half homebrew stats, and rules? Or Quikwars + 2005 or some other ill-advised half breed?
- Posts: 287
- Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:00 pm
- Location: Oklahoma
I use 2005 but create rules for things like weapons, shield generators, air drops, equipment andspace warfare.
I think that's how most experienced people here do it to.
- Mega Blok
- Posts: 1341
- Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:01 am
- Location: Mangled, inside Audrey II
I do the same. If it's not in the 2005 rules, I make it up. When I played 40k I came up with a lot of rules for custom units I made up, so I've been doing the whole homebrew thing for a good while now.
- You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
- Posts: 2540
- Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:41 pm
- Location: Ottawa
There are rules?
Jkjk, I generally stick to 2005. But it's Brikwars, so there's also a lot of fudging and homebrew.
- Cannon Fodder
- Posts: 395
- Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:41 pm
I and my friends use 2005 and many home made rules.
- Nice Dubs
- Posts: 99
- Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:46 am
- Location: Poland/Łódź
- can you feel me?
- Posts: 2396
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:20 pm
- Location: Number one in USA
the rules just gives you the basic idea, it could never account for every possible situation, so the game is much more in depth if you just make up rules wherever they seem logical, remember to write them down if they seemed fun for future use.
- Clown-Face Bologna
- Posts: 2019
- Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:16 pm
- Location: Fictional Deutschland
I use most of the 2005 rules, but when I want to speed it up, I fudge stuff
- Posts: 42
- Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:39 pm
Return to The Rulebook
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest