Space Troopers vs. Pirates vs. Imperial Soldiers vs. Knights

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

The Lizard King
Hero

Space Troopers vs. Pirates vs. Imperial Soldiers vs. Knights

Post by The Lizard King » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:17 pm

Here is the last BrikWars battle I had. I'm gonna have another soon once I get my minifigs from the Bricklink.
Here are the photos:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=277522

Here's the report:

Off the coast of a very large island the Imperial Soldiers were on duty watching the showers making sure no bloody Pirates would come along. Unfortunatley....they did. The Pirates came blasting their cannons and firing their pistols. They quickly destroyed one of the Guard's bunkers. The Soldiers sent some of the men to the island on their small boats so they could protect the minifigs on the land.
Meanwhile, up in Space, the minifigs who were up there heard about this fight going on and had to get a piece of the action. So they landed on the East side of the island.
Up in the castle, the knights wanted to take over this island which they were inslaved in. They were sick of the Imperial's pushing them around with their fancy muskets....they weren't taking anymore of their bull.
The Pirates blew down the sails of the Imperial's small ship and damaged a bit of the knights castle. They were in their ship laughing and drinking like mad men. They quickly sent almost all of their men onto shore, leaving a few behind to command the ship.
The Imperial Guard's locked all of their cannons onto the big ship and let loose, bringing it down to the sea.
As the Space Men moved forward towards the castle they saw an innocent minifig driving along in his car...they blew the crap out of it along with another old minfig.
The knights started to send out their troops starting off with the cavalry.
Meanwhile the Pirates and Soldiers got in a firefight down on the docks. 2 pirates were killed along with 3 soldiers as the pirates took over the small ship.
The first casualty of the knights was a fig in beautiful red armor which he was so proud of. Now it lies with a very large hole in it. The Space Men were shooting down the knights, killing 3 more. The knights sent out a squad of men to start repeatedly slash the space men's apc. They successfully destroyed it. They lost a minifig in the proccess. The kings horse was killed as he fell to the ground but got back up. He took down a space man with his mighty sword but was then blown in 2. The knights sent up their elephant which got caught in all the firepower and was took down rather easily, it took down a clone trooper along with it. The knights kept advancing with their army almost all dead, trying to take down their enemy.
Anyway, a row boat with 3 soldiers in it was shot up and sunk by the pirates.
The knights were finally killed by the space men who destroyed them with a low obdy count.
The Pirates came flanking up on the space men. Re-acting fastly two of the space men shot and blew one pirate in half and the other lost his head. The pirates shot back in every direction with their flintlocks.
Minifigs kept on dying as the battle continued. The space men had to pull back into the small town for more cover. They lost to men in the procedure. The 4 minifigs that were left took cover behind ruined walls. One lost its head as the pirates kept firing at them. An innocent civilian tried to brighten up its life by running through all the firepower but got ripped apart.
While still taking casualties the pirates moved up amongst all the dead bodies of fellow pirates, knights and space men.
Luckily the space men still had a medik with them. He put a clone troopers arm back on.
Meanwhile the Soldiers finally decided to move onto the island (about time).
The Pirates, still laying down heavy firepower took down the revived clone trooper and another one and a civilian walking by.
The Space Men finally hit them back with some good shots and took out several pirates.
But the pirates broke on through to the other side and jumped over the ruins to the last space man and their medik and slaughtered them. The space man was able to get one last shot in, taking off the head of a pirate.
The pirates saw an ugly looking girl walking down the sidewalk and decided to finally get some pleasure after the long years out at sea.....
"Ron, Hermione, Look!!! We're being invaded by pirates. Lets try and kill them!" Yelled out Harry Potter from atop a building.
"Bloody Hell Harry!" Said Ron.
The Pirates looked up at them and first shot at Ron who fell off the building and into a spike that appeared out of no where.
"Ron!" shouted out Hermione and Harry.
The Pirates quickly took out Hermione. Harry whipped out a pistol and killed one of the Pirates but was shot till he was in 4 pieces.
The Imperial Guards, finally being ashore, moved up on the docks.

Oh god!!!! It's Evan!!!!!!! A dimmy named Evan, with the most ugliest face ever ran out onto the streets and looked over the battle grounds. Another minifg looked at his face and was instantly killed.
The Ninja named Chad also jumped out from a buidling aand decapitated a pirate.
The Imperial Guard started to move in on Evan and Chad. Once there they shot up Evan. The pirates started to fire at the guards. the guards started killing random civilians, while Chad killed another 2 with his katana. The Guards took him out. Then out of the skies fell Hercules who imediatley drove his spear threw one guard and killing another with his sword. He then threw his spear into the back of Elizabeth Swann. Hercules jumped upon another Guards and drove his sword right threw him.
Dobby then ran out of a house with a shotgun and Lucius Malfoy on his tail.
"Dobby get the **** back here!" Yelled Lucius.
Dobby kept on running but Lucius finally caught up to him and ripped his head off with his bare hands.
Hercules sliced the arm off Gilderoy Lockhart and then ran away, leaving all the Imperial Guard who came for him dead.
There were only one pirate and one Guard left.
The Pirate, strangely, was able to pick up the Death Gun and charged for the Guard. Unfortunaltley it was the Guards player tunr and heshot the Pirate down, winning the game.

The only reason, and all players agree, why the Imperial Guard's won was because he stupidly kept his armies in his fortress not out fighting. BrikWars is all about fighting!, not keeping your minifigs in a base.

P.S Will this go in the News on the BrikWars homepage. I hope it does, it would be a great honour!!
"I Am The Lizard King, I can do Anything"

Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Post by Moronstudios » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:59 pm

Very, very nice the pictures are great.
Looking for Vancouver Island players: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1194

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:53 pm

that was realy realy epic, nice :D

jack3.5
Champion
Champion

Post by jack3.5 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:57 am

I enjoyed that immensely, especially all the random characters :)
"2005 rules in PDF it is like a dream come true"

samuel
Champion
Champion

wow

Post by samuel » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:30 pm

super cool nice pics dude i say dude <a href='http://tinyurl.com/y42zurt'>alot</a>

Matt
Officer

Post by Matt » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:02 pm

Yes, very nice! All the random characters were a nice touch too! :wink:
"One can never have enough miniguns my friend."
I hope I get to say that Someday.....
My Flickr
http://www.knightfight.co.uk/?ac=vid&vi ... &ref=flink

Rayhawk
Overlord

Re: Space Troopers vs. Pirates vs. Imperial Soldiers vs. Kni

Post by Rayhawk » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:26 pm

The Lizard King wrote:The only reason, and all players agree, why the Imperial Guard's won was because he stupidly kept his armies in his fortress not out fighting. BrikWars is all about fighting!, not keeping your minifigs in a base.
Sorry I still haven't mainpaged this, I've been pretty lazy about updating that feed lately.

But this did remind me of something. Can anybody think of a way to get players to come out of their fortresses? I hate when one side spends the whole game hiding behind fortifications while the other players do all the work. But I've never been able to think of a good incentive to give advantages to players who come out from their hiding places.

Almighty Benny
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Almighty Benny » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:34 pm

But Mike, I thought you already invented the Hammer of Discipline...
I think that in order to adequately solve the problem, we first need to define what exactly the problem is. Hiding behind cover for >3 turns in a row, moving minifigs back and forth way out of harm's way while the other players go kill each other, fielding a sniper, etc.
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...

Skinnydude
Champion
Champion

Post by Skinnydude » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:23 am

Rayhawk wrote: But this did remind me of something. Can anybody think of a way to get players to come out of their fortresses? I hate when one side spends the whole game hiding behind fortifications while the other players do all the work. But I've never been able to think of a good incentive to give advantages to players who come out from their hiding places.
Build a bigger trebuchet, launch dead bodies over the castle walls, and start rolling to see if disease begins to spread?

*Shrugs* I always try and have a couple objectives on the map anyway, so this never really happens to me.
Well what've we got here....

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:11 pm

Skinnydude wrote: Build a bigger trebuchet, launch dead bodies over the castle walls, and start rolling to see if disease begins to spread?

*Shrugs* I always try and have a couple objectives on the map anyway, so this never really happens to me.
both of these are actually excellent suggestions. objectives keep people moving around from place to place, and disease will poison figs, although you won't get a violent bloody death.

however another great persuader? fire. you're actually turning their cover against them once you light it on fire. they'll be forced to burn like a witch or run out and fight like a man.

Matt
Officer

Post by Matt » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:21 pm

Also if your averge everyday flamethrower doesn't have enough range to get over thier moat, then resort to catapolt loaded with fire bombs!
"One can never have enough miniguns my friend."
I hope I get to say that Someday.....
My Flickr
http://www.knightfight.co.uk/?ac=vid&vi ... &ref=flink

Bennanteno
Officer

Post by Bennanteno » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:25 am

We had that problem in RO, until they coded the maps to kill campers with artillery if they sat in one spot for to long. Also, some call of duty servers mark campers on the minimap if they camp for to long.

Both concepts are rather brikwarsy, random artillery and such.

Tuefish
Dimmy

Post by Tuefish » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:58 am

Rayhawk wrote:Can anybody think of a way to get players to come out of their fortresses? I hate when one side spends the whole game hiding behind fortifications while the other players do all the work. But I've never been able to think of a good incentive to give advantages to players who come out from their hiding places.
the "being a pansy" rule:
if any minifig or group of minifigs go more than five turns without A: killing, maiming, dissecting or causing great unpleasentness to another minifig or B: having any of the above done to him/her, then that minifig or group of minifigs is/are classified as a "Pansy" or "Pansies". Any minifig who kills a "pansy" gains instant heroic status for three turns. Tell me what you think.
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back." -Malcolm Reynolds

Almighty Benny
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Almighty Benny » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:15 am

It's good but I don't like all the keeping track of turns. If you're playing a multiplayer game, I think it's safe to just have all the other players agree when one player's troops are being pansies. In a one on one game though, I guess you would have to keep track of turns, so hopefully you don't have too many units in different parts of the battlefield.

Heroic feats for 3 turns is going to be even harder to keep track of, and might unbalance the game by a huge margin. Though this is a great idea, I think it could be edited so that all units may use heroic feats in order to kill pansy units only. That way the non-pansy player 3 doesn't have to suffer the wrath of player 1 killing player 2's pansy archers.

You and your God damn archers, player 2!
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:40 pm

If they stay putt for to long just NUKE'em.
(this strategy is highly recommended by general Cleansy although it might get you in some trouble)
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.