Return to the CAID Sector (Battle Plans)

Looking for players in your area? Announcements and discussion of upcoming battles in your location

Moderator: Tuefish

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Return to the CAID Sector (Battle Plans)

Post by Natalya » Sat May 22, 2010 2:48 pm

STAY ON TOPIC OR I WILL BE VERY ANGRY WITH YOU AND I WILL SEND YOU A LETTER TELLING YOU HOW ANGRY I AM
If you aren't going to be in the battle please avoid posting here unless you have relevant information.

Okay, so, we need a scenario...

Stipulations:
- Ground based combat
- More time is available than before
- I'd like to ally the Vol if possible

We also need to talk about the rules and stuff.

Vehicles:
Last time y'all had some crazy mechanism of working out damage to vehicles and increasing their armour that tbh made no sense to me so can we just use vanilla vehicle stats? Like just have your basic structure level and size combined to formulate the strength?

Weapons:
No giant bombs please they break the game. I'll try to remember to print out a list of my gun stats, which can all be found on the Wiki for all to see. If you guys have custom weapon specs please post them online if you haven't done so already. (I Know Tuefish did put up a lot of his in stat card form.)

Umm, is there anything else that needs to be discussed?
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

Magic Soap
Playmobil

Post by Magic Soap » Sat May 22, 2010 3:04 pm

I think you left out points values. Also, homebrew stuff needs to be agreed on.

Tuefish
Dimmy

Post by Tuefish » Mon May 24, 2010 1:43 am

I'm actually in the process of standardizing my Vol stats, including vehicles.
As soon as I am done, I'll release it as a supplement.

@Natalya: I'm using your Mk missile system, but I've come up with some slightly different stats for my iteration of the Heavy Bolter.
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back." -Malcolm Reynolds

RoC77
Galidor
Galidor
Location: PEACH! The offical lotion of strippers across the country......

Re: Return to the CAID Sector (Battle Plans)

Post by RoC77 » Mon May 24, 2010 12:46 pm

NatalyaAF wrote:Okay, so, we need a scenario...

Stipulations:
- Ground based combat
- More time is available than before
- I'd like to ally the Vol if possible

We also need to talk about the rules and stuff.

Just to recap, we are using the 2005 rulebook right? If Strana dosen't come around then I'm going to be on my own, I'm going to have to make more vehicles or build more allies, just tell me ahed of time so I can prep.
NatalyaAF wrote:Vehicles:
Last time y'all had some crazy mechanism of working out damage to vehicles and increasing their armour that tbh made no sense to me so can we just use vanilla vehicle stats? Like just have your basic structure level and size combined to formulate the strength?

This going to be vehicle or infantry heavy? Just getting an idea on how big of an area you guys want to play in.
NatalyaAF wrote:Weapons:
No giant bombs please they break the game. I'll try to remember to print out a list of my gun stats, which can all be found on <a href="http://brikwars.wikispaces.com/">the wiki</a> for all to see. If you guys have custom weapon specs please post them online if you haven't done so already. (I Know Tuefish did put up a lot of his in stat card form.)
Well there goes my OTC bomb (a bomb that goe's off in a high altitude, filled with activated OTC's falling from the sky) they rain unblockable pain from the sky, and since they are activated they continue cutting when they hit the ground until they get to the planet's core where it the OTC's invade the core and replicate until the core breaks open with billions & billions of OTC's! Oh, and killing all that reside on the planet....

dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish
Now with added tractor fetish

Re: Return to the CAID Sector (Battle Plans)

Post by dilanski » Mon May 24, 2010 1:49 pm

RoC77 wrote:Well there goes my OTC bomb (a bomb that goe's off in a high altitude, filled with activated OTC's falling from the sky) they rain unblockable pain from the sky, and since they are activated they continue cutting when they hit the ground until they get to the planet's core where it the OTC's invade the core and replicate until the core breaks open with billions & billions of OTC's! Oh, and killing all that reside on the planet....
What if it was used on a planetoid made of pure OT ABS??
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Post by samuelzz10 » Tue May 25, 2010 5:50 pm

I'm not coming, But I have a scenario:
2 lone minifigs find a Slim-Jim (left behind by their human overlords) in the middle of the battle field. Both minifigs don't know about sharing, and burst out in a huge shouting contest thingamabob! The shouting attracted others, however...

OBJECTIVE: bring the Slim-Jim back to your base and keep it there for 5 turns. Minifigs holding it move only 1" at a time. Group effort is important!
Spoiler
Show
my old sig
WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum

Magic Soap
Playmobil

Post by Magic Soap » Wed May 26, 2010 1:08 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:I'm not coming, But I have a scenario:
2 lone minifigs find a Slim-Jim (left behind by their human overlords) in the middle of the battle field. Both minifigs don't know about sharing, and burst out in a huge shouting contest thingamabob! The shouting attracted others, however...

OBJECTIVE: bring the Slim-Jim back to your base and keep it there for 5 turns. Minifigs holding it move only 1" at a time. Group effort is important!
I think their game is meant to be a bit more sophisticated than that.

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:02 pm

Yea I'm not sure if you know about us but our last battle fielded probably around 200 minifigs and a plethora of vehicles. (Tanks, star fighters, mecha...)

Tuefish I'd like to see your Heavy Bolter stats.

Also, is there a rule about combining fire power in the 2005 rulebook?
  ▲
▲ ▲

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:40 pm

Yep. It's called Combined Fire. It's essentially just normal, except damage is cumulative, you can't combine CC and Ranged, and you have to declare that you're combining before you do so.

However, with that many figs, I get the feeling you're going to be using squads. You guys will have to print that section. There are specialized rules with squads for firing.

EDIT: Unless I've got my versions messed up again. You'll have to look.
Last edited by RagnarokRose on Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Cpt. Zipps
Mega Blok

Post by Cpt. Zipps » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:00 pm

Magic Soap wrote:

Thanks, I was trying to figure out how to say that in a polite way. You summed it up.

Magic Soap
Playmobil

Post by Magic Soap » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:18 am

Cpt. Zipps wrote:
Magic Soap wrote:

Thanks, I was trying to figure out how to say that in a polite way. You summed it up.
Except I found out about a day after I posted that that sophisticated is what stubby has put in for filtering a word like a person who loves people of the same sex. But I mean it here in context, as
s-o-p-h-i-s-t-i-c-a-t-e-d.

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:05 pm

Magic Soap I think you assumed a misinterpretation but he understood you.

Anyway, I thought the Squad rules were declared as optional.
  ▲
▲ ▲

Tuefish
Dimmy

Post by Tuefish » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:22 am

NatalyaAF wrote:Tuefish I'd like to see your Heavy Bolter stats.
For the Vol supplement I wrote:Heavy Bolter: cost: 5CP, shots: 1, UR: 4 range: 6”, damage: 2d6
Armour piercing. Cost: 2CP
The Vol heavy bolter is essentially a reverse-engineered
Assyrian heavy bolter, which has been adapted for an
anti-armor role. The bolter may ignore a layer of armor
or walls at the expense of 1d6 damage, taking a heavy toll
on personnel and equipment inside.
I realize that the CP will probably need to be adjusted, but as with most of the Vol weapons, it's the trooper's intense training that makes them lethal, this training is represented by the special abilities.
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back." -Malcolm Reynolds

RagnarokRose

Post by RagnarokRose » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:46 am

NatalyaAF wrote:
Anyway, I thought the Squad rules were declared as optional.
They are. The only reason they exist is for the "Epic" battles though. Why not use them? They streamline the movement phase, at least... :P
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:26 pm

My stuff is pretty straight-forward. I'm bringing everyone I had last time, but I also have 5 never before seen units, 4 Gludavian Raiders, and two spacecraft. Also I might bring a roving band of psychopathic dimmy-like renegade citizens, but I'm not sure if their insanity (and stupidity) is a good asset. They do have a cool car though.

Umm, some of my guys got different weapons now. This time I will field three flamethrowers so I need rules for those.
  ▲
▲ ▲