yes
50%

Total votes: 16

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Rulebook Cleanup

Post by IVhorseman » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:16 pm

I guess since I'm a mod here, I might as well organize and sticky up the rules and whatnot we've come up with here. However, since I'm lazy, I'm making you guys do all the hard work. Does anyone have suggestions as to what threads should be stickied?

THINGS I AM LOOKING FOR:

- a comprehensive list of good homebrew weapons. TBH there's a bunch of these floating around, and we need to pick out the diamonds from the turd pile.

- rule clarifications for things people ask ALL THE TIMES.

- free beer

If you see any of these, link the thread to it in your post and I'll do my best to tell you why it shouldn't be stickied.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:09 pm

...free beer? :shock:

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:40 pm

I'm assuming this is for 2005 ruleset?

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:50 pm

Primarily, but if there's good 2001 or Quikwars floating around then that too (hint: there isn't).

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:53 pm

SHAMELESS BUMP: so I ended up cruising through the forum instead of packing for my trip to Hawaii, and couldn't really find any of the good weapons that we came up with over the years. The only solution is to make a whole new list, starting from scratch. I'll be making a thread that compiles together a whole list of weapons, but what should be included?

LIST SO FAR (will be updated as ideas roll in):

-The Shotgun
-Heavy MG
-Minigun
-OTC
-Flamethrower
-????

If you have ideas, I'd love to hear them!

Cpt. Zipps
Mega Blok

Post by Cpt. Zipps » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:32 pm

IVhorseman wrote:SHAMELESS BUMP: so I ended up cruising through the forum instead of packing for my trip to Hawaii, and couldn't really find any of the good weapons that we came up with over the years. The only solution is to make a whole new list, starting from scratch. I'll be making a thread that compiles together a whole list of weapons, but what should be included?

LIST SO FAR (will be updated as ideas roll in):

-The Shotgun
-Heavy MG
-Minigun
-OTC
-Flamethrower
-????

If you have ideas, I'd love to hear them!

Heavy Laser Rifle
Sniper Rifle
Crystal Gun
Magnum
Rail Rifle
Man-portable Autocannon
Man-portable Lasercannon
SMG
Nova Sword
Assault Rifle
Grenade Launchers
Bazookas/RPGs
AT Rifles
Autoshotguns
Weapon Modifiers (Scopes,Underbarrels, Bayonets...)

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:55 pm

Cpt. Zipps wrote: Heavy Laser Rifle
Sniper Rifle
Crystal Gun
Magnum
Rail Rifle
Man-portable Autocannon
Man-portable Lasercannon
SMG
Nova Sword
Assault Rifle
Grenade Launchers
Bazookas/RPGs
AT Rifles
Autoshotguns
Weapon Modifiers (Scopes,Underbarrels, Bayonets...)
See, this is what I'm actually trying to avoid. Applying automatic fire onto a rifle, for example, automatically converts it to an assault rifle. My idea for how weapons should work is that there's a few "classes" of guns, to which modifiers can be applied to make them function slightly differently. This avoids long, arduous lists of specific weapons, and instead allows the easy classification of weapons into pre-defined roles. Also, grenade launchers, bazookas, cannons, and RPGs are already in the rulebook under "launchers".

As for weapon modifiers like underbarrels and bayonets, i see no reason as to why we should make rules for them. If you want a shotgun attached to your assault rifle, just attach a shotgun to your assault rifle. If you want a bayonet, just slap a CC weapon on your gun and that should be good enough. Is there any reason it should be more complicated than that?

However, your list DOES confirm that there needs to be a few extra classes of weapons, among which includes Heavy Rifles and Heavy Pistols.

aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by aoffan23 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:59 pm

Tranquilizer guns
Sledgehammers and the like (they should have more knockback n' stuff than other heavy CC weapons)
(Possibly) Rolled objects such as bowling balls, boulders, severed heads, etc.
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:47 am

aoffan23 wrote:Tranquilizer guns
Not only should tranquilizer guns be in the list, but this also covers things like poison blowguns. After all, it's just a needle coated with something that hits a minifig and injects something, whether it be sleeping agents, deadly poisons, or LSD. I say it'd run something like having a "needle" template to place over short and long range weapons, where damage is simply replaced with a status effect.

The Shadowscythe
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Post by The Shadowscythe » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:50 am

IVhorseman wrote:However, your list DOES confirm that there needs to be a few extra classes of weapons, among which includes Heavy Rifles and Heavy Pistols.
To take this a little further (from your wall of text above) why does there have to be a "Heavy" designation of each weapon, it seems counter productive to the whole "slimming" the list of weapons down.

Why not have the "Heavy" class of weapon as an addition that costs CC? Say it adds +1d6 of damage to whatever it is? Or +3 to the roll? as for cost - I'd say 3 or 4 CC personally (as I can't remember the weapons creation stats properly), but there we go

So a Heavy Pistol would be

Size:(S)
Cost:6/7CP
Use:3
Range:6"
Damage:2d6
Notes:One Handed

A Heavy Rifle would be

Size:(M)
Cost:8/9CP
Use:3
Range:12"
Damage:2d6+1
Notes:Two-Handed

Does this work for everyone? Or do we have to have 2 (Or more) of every weapon type for the Anoraks out there?
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler
Show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.

Elmagnifico
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Elmagnifico » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:42 am

@ the poll: An interesting game. The only winning move is to not play.
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:17 am

I don't have the 2010 revision in front of me, but I've been burning through the Weapons chapter at a pretty good pace. All the regular weapons have gotten a round of polish. Here are the new weapon classes that are in there:
  • 6. BlastGuns
    Shotguns and other guns with a blast cone: grapeshot cannons, chaff launchers, flechette rounds, etc.

7. MachineGuns
    Guns that can be used in single fire, burst, or full-auto. You risk requiring a reload the more rounds you fire in a single turn.

8. FlameThrowers
    Includes a big section on Fire rules. Fire's effects are now simplified down to variations in Fire Size, you'll love them.
Those are all done except for the examples and illustrations, so I'm busily constructing battle scenes for those.

My current push is to fill out the section titled "Field Hazards," which is getting the rules for minefields and barbed wire and so forth, and the Scout who helps you avoid them. After that I think the chapter finishes out with stats for the Gunner (with special abilities for firing vehicle and base weapons) and the Heavy (with special abilities for carrying and firing higher Weapon Size weapons). I may end up putting the Sniper in there too, since I don't really have a better place for him.

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:22 am

Stubhawk, you better get that done, mate. Every time you mention it I wince, grin, then get this urge to go play another game of Brikwars.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:59 am

The Shadowscythe wrote:Why not have the "Heavy" class of weapon as an addition that costs CC? Say it adds +1d6 of damage to whatever it is? Or +3 to the roll? as for cost - I'd say 3 or 4 CC personally (as I can't remember the weapons creation stats properly), but there we go
My original thought was higher UR traded for higher damage, but this works out way the hell better. My only vice with it is that it turns the magnum into a retardedly powerful single-shot, which may or may not be game breaking. What if, in the event that a critical failure is rolled, the minifig firing the heavy weapon breaks their arm in their failed attempt to fire?

Cpt. Zipps
Mega Blok

Post by Cpt. Zipps » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:01 pm

stubby wrote:I don't have the 2010 revision in front of me, but I've been burning through the Weapons chapter at a pretty good pace. All the regular weapons have gotten a round of polish. Here are the new weapon classes that are in there:
  • 6. BlastGuns
    Shotguns and other guns with a blast cone: grapeshot cannons, chaff launchers, flechette rounds, etc.

7. MachineGuns
    Guns that can be used in single fire, burst, or full-auto. You risk requiring a reload the more rounds you fire in a single turn.

8. FlameThrowers
    Includes a big section on Fire rules. Fire's effects are now simplified down to variations in Fire Size, you'll love them.
Those are all done except for the examples and illustrations, so I'm busily constructing battle scenes for those.

My current push is to fill out the section titled "Field Hazards," which is getting the rules for minefields and barbed wire and so forth, and the Scout who helps you avoid them. After that I think the chapter finishes out with stats for the Gunner (with special abilities for firing vehicle and base weapons) and the Heavy (with special abilities for carrying and firing higher Weapon Size weapons). I may end up putting the Sniper in there too, since I don't really have a better place for him.

Can you include a little something from the Battlefield Evironments Supplement?